Custom Crosshairs

General discussion about UT2004

Moderator: Admins

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Custom Crosshairs

Post by badasp »

I have been asked by some people what crosshairs I use and I figured to post here instead of sending out several PMs.

I use a small green dot with a black circle around it. The crosshair comes from the KausV8 custom crosshair pack:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/k-aus-crossha ... sshairs-v8

Here are some screenshots:

The black circle enables the crosshair to stand out from all backgrounds, even backgrounds the same color as the dot (look at the green vehicle health bar):

I used to use a different color dot for every weapon but found that certain colors (e.g., yellow and blue) blended in too well to the background. This crosshair, with its black circle, fixes that problem quite well. Hopefully it will be as helpful to you all as it was to me. :D

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Re: Custom Crosshairs

Post by ru_exp »

I swear I don't see them...wtf

Am I missing it?

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

ru_exp wrote:I swear I don't see them...wtf

Am I missing it?
LOL! So much for being easily seen! Look for the green dot in the center of the pic(s). The screenshot doesn't do the crosshair justice as it appears much more prominently in game. Nonetheless it certainly is visible in those screenies. :D

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

this is my setup also and have used that same crosshair set since my DAM days. Only diff is instead of a green center I use white.

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

And I use Hot Pink.......... :D
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Okay...I get it.

Odin told me once that green is the prime color to use for sniping crosshairs. "Most recognizable color to man." or something.

I will try to set it up for me'self.

Odin
Boom! Headshot!

Post by Odin »

I doubt I said something so profound. It was probably like, " I use green because it works the most often even if the map is dark or light." I actually only use green for lg, with shock as red and the sniper as yellow because dark maps tend to be the only ones with the weapon. I never really cared enough to download custom crosshairs, the ones that camewith the game gave enough variety imo.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

ru_exp wrote:Odin told me once that green is the prime color to use for sniping crosshairs. "Most recognizable color to man." or something.
Odin wrote:I doubt I said something so profound. It was probably like, " I use green because it works the most often even if the map is dark or light."
Odin also said that the reality of it all is that Black men actually have very small penises which why they carry guns and play loud music to over compensate. I thought this statement was overwrought with stereotypical imagery but for some reason it made sense at the time. :evil:

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

That's the exact same crosshair I use. I remember discussing this with you during the mixer practices, Asp. Good to see you took my advice and got rid of those extra colors haha. Green and black is all you need.

BulletWitch
Rocket spammer

Post by BulletWitch »

I use a pink colored crosshair. Green for me tends to not work out. I am not using the pink just because it's a girly color. I hate pink..but it works out quite well in most circumstances. Actually come to think of it mine may be just the default crosshairs and I don't even remember. I know for Quake 2/3/4 I used pink and some other FPS's. *scritches head*

Odin
Boom! Headshot!

Post by Odin »

ru_exp wrote:
ru_exp wrote:Odin told me once that green is the prime color to use for sniping crosshairs. "Most recognizable color to man." or something.
Odin wrote:I doubt I said something so profound. It was probably like, " I use green because it works the most often even if the map is dark or light."
Odin also said that the reality of it all is that Black men actually have very small penises which why they carry guns and play loud music to over compensate. I thought this statement was overwrought with stereotypical imagery but for some reason it made sense at the time. :evil:
I think you need to see Gran Torino, it reminded me a lot of the conversations we had in teamspeak. Hands down the funniest movie Clint Eastwood has been in.

JACKAL
Dominating

Post by JACKAL »

You guys use crosshairs ?

Hidden, come on, shoot on instint only!

The way of the Ninja
I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid.
-> John Gotti <-

Dubya
Holy sh*t!

Post by Dubya »

Odin wrote:
ru_exp wrote:
I think you need to see Gran Torino, it reminded me a lot of the conversations we had in teamspeak. Hands down the funniest movie Clint Eastwood has been in.

lolol I saw it. It was great. The only problem is that you walk out of the movie theater instantly racist against asian people.
No...

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

Bump for newer players.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

vivr
Boom! Headshot!

Post by vivr »

Green dot shock, red dot lg......didn't know there were other weapons?