QQ

General discussion about UT2004

Moderator: Admins

WarDad71
Cock-docker

QQ

Post by WarDad71 »

I realllly want to play with you guys but my PC or video card (?) is a pos. Mouse movements are mostly in a delayed movement when I play UT - meaning I move the crosshair and it takes a micro second for it to "catch up" - not sure how to explain it. I have a logitech G5 from back when and have tried other "mice" but it still does the same crap. Have tried tweeking settings extensively - and on SOME maps, it works perfectly without any hiccups and on most especially larger maps it moves like it's in jello. I'm running game on a p4 3.5 gig and 1 gig of ram and using xp os - so it shouldn't be an issue. Video card is a geforce 5800 (old and crappy I know) with 128 mem.

I hang here because I want to be an active part of the community - but it probably won't happen until I get better hardware which financially prob won't happen till later in the year.

Just wanted to get that off my chest.

I'll still join on occasion like I have been - just won't be able to hang for hours at a time. My patience level is extremely short in my old age. :(

(I didn't even mention the fact that sporadically I'll lag and run into walls on the server but I think others experience the same thing also) I have a 6 MB connection with Comcast and can connect to Euro servers for other games we play without any problems.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Re: QQ

Post by Mr Bean »

I hear ya WD? As of late, my pc's been going crap as well. My video cards ok (8600 gts) but my processor is old and crappy. I think it's gone bad as well. I have a 1.8 Gig AMD Sempron (754 socket). I ordered some new but still econimical equipment last night.

It's always nice to see you on the server and in the forums WD. A real positive influence for sure. Until you get a newer video card, I'll be looking for you on ther server for an easy kill :lol: Good luck with it though. Just a thought... maybe somebody in the community has recently upgraded their video card and has an extra one...yada yada yada.

-T2-
Dominating

Post by -T2- »

Its not your Vid card WD unless it is a driver issue. I played UT2004 the first two years with a GeForce3 Ti500 64M with most settings turned all the way down.

Could be some failing hardware (even USB ports, effecting polling).

Stop in when you can and stay as long as your patience allows. Always fun having you and the eagles playing.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Wardad-

Is that vid card pci-e or agp?

It sounds like your system is fighting for resources. Do you have anti-v running? Have you tweaked XP so that it is a bit more lean?

Power supply info? Monitor info?

All hail the Beef!

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

CTC-Salchicha wrote:Wardad-

Is that vid card pci-e or agp?

It sounds like your system is fighting for resources. Do you have anti-v running? Have you tweaked XP so that it is a bit more lean?

Power supply info? Monitor info?
Pretty sure its something with 1 or more pieces of hardware... not sure where though. It's been like this forever on this machine I just didn't b*tch as much when I started playing here a few months back due to having fun with you guys - but as someone mentioned recently about those continually sucking without improvement and ruining the experience for other players here - is one of the main reasons I stay away for now. My only options to play is to spam since I can't move the crosshair strategically to shoot. Not so easy to adjust with a delay in the movement.

If I am able to update to a better machine this summer - hope to see you guys still here - even if you've moved on to a different game - this community rocks.

**edit** Changed the refresh settings in the INI today - never thought about it :? the system refresh was not the same as the game refresh - I had a decent day today - now I just need to adjust via more practice :mrgreen:

Here's the link that helped: http://garbledzombie.wordpress.com/2007 ... mouse-lag/

Had very little if not any "lag" in games yesterday - was a good experience. Now to practice more.