Deathball

General discussion about UT2004

Moderator: Admins

-Id- iot
Dominating

Re: Deathball

Post by -Id- iot »

Here is a zip with all the files needed (including a folder titled More Maps that I added with a couple interesting looking maps): http://files.filefront.com/deathball24w ... einfo.html.

If you cannot seem to get this mod to work, I request that you go to the nbs/crush forums (I do not remember the URL) and PM Flak to ask how to install this mod. I promise you will not regret it . . . this mod is worth it.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

I've downloaded and I'll see if I can get it to work. Gambit, don't worry about it right now. I'll post here again if I get it going.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

OK Thanks Jim.
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

Lol, i didnt know this thread existed. I told papa and Bad id try to download and install it and see what i came up with...should i just copy paste over to here and yall can delete the other thread? it looks like we have a bit of support for people who want to play this, so how about maybe trying to get a game going tonight?
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

VCTF PUG is tonight, so the CTC private will be in use, but I would love to get a game going some other night soon. If you know how to get it all setup, Knave, perhaps you can help the guys get it setup on the CTC private.

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

Sadly, no. I used to play on a Invasion server and they never could get deathball working on their server either. When we wanted to play, we used vent and launched the DB app. to play. Ill look on their forum to see what i can find, but it probably wont mean much to me since I have no knowledge of how to admin a server.
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

I recently set up a server for us to play on and we all (around 6) had a good time. The fun definitely increases with more people; things like passing certainly become valuable and enjoyable. The server name is BADASP DEATHBALL and anyone is invited. We will meet in the CTC private and vent before we get on, so be sure to check there to get in on the action. :D

Dubya
Holy sh*t!

Post by Dubya »

whats with the vent? fail!
No...

killer
Shock jockey

Post by killer »

Get the 2.3 version!! im screaming here you guys!! 2.3 IS MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN 2.4!!!!!!

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

Killer convinced me.. There aren't many major major changes, but it is easier to Volley and slightly faster than 2.4. Also, there are a couple 2.3 servers that have pretty good ping. It was much more responsive.

Here is the same link Killer gave me for 2.3:
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/5030/DeathBall+2.3

Just select download and download without logging in.. or create an account if you have one.

I just renamed my deathball folder in my UT2004 directory to deathball2.4, then placed the deathball folder in my UT2004 directory. You can have both installed, just use the proper launch script in the directory..

Deathball baby.. woot!

If you have any problems downloading, PM me. I would be happy to upload to my ADrive account..
You just got knocked the smurf out!

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

CTC-PapaSmurf wrote:Killer convinced me.. There aren't many major major changes, but it is easier to Volley and slightly faster than 2.4. Also, there are a couple 2.3 servers that have pretty good ping. It was much more responsive.

Here is the same link Killer gave me for 2.3:
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/5030/DeathBall+2.3

Just select download and download without logging in.. or create an account if you have one.

I just renamed my deathball folder in my UT2004 directory to deathball2.4, then placed the deathball folder in my UT2004 directory. You can have both installed, just use the proper launch script in the directory..

Deathball baby.. woot!

If you have any problems downloading, PM me. I would be happy to upload to my ADrive account..
Hey Papa If you don't mind could upload it to maybe filefront or something to download it
thanks man........
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

No problem man.. Here is a download of Deathball 2.3:

http://www.adrive.com/public/9b076c9be1 ... e6913.html

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

Tried it...didnt care for it. Minimal ability to put spin on the ball, required to volley it in to score, what seems to be a "Heavier" ball. I can see where someone who grew up on this version of the mod would see 2.4 as EZ mode, or "less strategic", requires less "Skill"...guess will just have to try playing it with the other noobs...but im not too hopeful that it will grow on me
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

Knave_Skye wrote:Tried it...didnt care for it. Minimal ability to put spin on the ball, required to volley it in to score, what seems to be a "Heavier" ball. I can see where someone who grew up on this version of the mod would see 2.4 as EZ mode, or "less strategic", requires less "Skill"...guess will just have to try playing it with the other noobs...but im not too hopeful that it will grow on me

All the maps require you to volley it in? I thought it was just the map we were playing on... Yah, that may change things for "us noobs" to Deathball.. I would much rather just shoot it in the goal.

Thanks for the review Knave.