Deathball

General discussion about UT2004

Moderator: Admins

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Re: Deathball

Post by Mr Bean »

I played a bit of 2.3 on a few servers. Looks fun. If you guys play tonight, let me know :D

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

Knave_Skye wrote:Tried it...didnt care for it. Minimal ability to put spin on the ball, required to volley it in to score, what seems to be a "Heavier" ball. I can see where someone who grew up on this version of the mod would see 2.4 as EZ mode, or "less strategic", requires less "Skill"...guess will just have to try playing it with the other noobs...but im not too hopeful that it will grow on me
I have to agree with Knave on this one. I was quite suprised on how weak a fully charged shot is; it really feels just like a standard alt-fire pass (or even a standard primary fire shot in BR). Scoring from across the field or even as a goalie simply wouldn't be possible. The goals are also a lot smaller, which certainly would make it a lot harder to score with the slower shot. The need for passing and volleying certainly is greater with 2.3, and as such I guess veterans of the gametype see it as a more strategic and higher-skilled version. The movement feels pretty much the same as 2.4, so it is not an improvement in that area (i.e., no dodge jumping). As such, I think 2.4 is the more desirable version. It is easier for beginners and the very-fast charged shot is a lot of fun, especially when making a goal from across the map.

The BADASP DEATHBALL server will continue to provide version 2.4, which is the latest version. Go to the "downloads" section of deathball.net to download the mod. We hope to see ya on soon. :D

Dubya
Holy sh*t!

Post by Dubya »

so should I even bother downloading this 2.3 version? I know Killer is a total failure when it comes to stuff like this so I'm not trusting his opinon!
No...

killer
Shock jockey

Post by killer »

badasp wrote:
Knave_Skye wrote:Tried it...didnt care for it. Minimal ability to put spin on the ball, required to volley it in to score, what seems to be a "Heavier" ball. I can see where someone who grew up on this version of the mod would see 2.4 as EZ mode, or "less strategic", requires less "Skill"...guess will just have to try playing it with the other noobs...but im not too hopeful that it will grow on me
I have to agree with Knave on this one. I was quite suprised on how weak a fully charged shot is; it really feels just like a standard alt-fire pass (or even a standard primary fire shot in BR). Scoring from across the field or even as a goalie simply wouldn't be possible. The goals are also a lot smaller, which certainly would make it a lot harder to score with the slower shot. The need for passing and volleying certainly is greater with 2.3, and as such I guess veterans of the gametype see it as a more strategic and higher-skilled version. The movement feels pretty much the same as 2.4, so it is not an improvement in that area (i.e., no dodge jumping). As such, I think 2.4 is the more desirable version. It is easier for beginners and the very-fast charged shot is a lot of fun, especially when making a goal from across the map.

The BADASP DEATHBALL server will continue to provide version 2.4, which is the latest version. Go to the "downloads" section of deathball.net to download the mod. We hope to see ya on soon. :D
I disagree with both of you! and Knave you are lost!! you dont have to volley to score, the servers are like that because its challenging in 3v3s but in 5v5s its reg. you can volley and just shoot in.

Badasp you are wrong too! Its all about the timing in 2.3, practice practice! if you guys playing online tonight i'll try to get on and perhaps show you some basics. Fully charged shots are the best if you know when to release the ball trust me!

killer
Shock jockey

Post by killer »

VOLLEY IS OPTIONAL! ITS BEEN OPTIONAL! MOST NOOBS DON'T KNOW HOW TO VOLLEY!! ITS JUST YOUR SETTINGS (UNCHECK THE VOLLEY OPTION AND YOU SHOULD BE GOOD TO GO)!!!!!

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

killer wrote:VOLLEY IS OPTIONAL! ITS BEEN OPTIONAL! MOST NOOBS DON'T KNOW HOW TO VOLLEY!! ITS JUST YOUR SETTINGS (UNCHECK THE VOLLEY OPTION AND YOU SHOULD BE GOOD TO GO)!!!!!
Suckas got served yo.. Betta recognize..
You just got knocked the smurf out!

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

I have never been happier to necro a 6 year old thread. I just saw this today and thought atleast 1 or 2 of you would appreciate it:

http://supraball.net/

"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

Knave_Skye wrote:I have never been happier to necro a 6 year old thread. I just saw this today and thought atleast 1 or 2 of you would appreciate it:

http://supraball.net/

Hmm, guess im one of the few remaining who remembers this fondly. Its free to download and play, id be down to try it out with some of you guys if anyone is interested.
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye