3v3 ONS and 3v3 UTComp Clan Arena Ladders

General discussion about UT2004

Moderator: Admins

badasp
Holy sh*t!

3v3 ONS and 3v3 UTComp Clan Arena Ladders

Post by badasp »

Hi.

There are two possible ladders starting up on FraggedNation, one for a 3v3 ONS and one for a 3v3 Clan Arena (TAM with UTCOMP). The ladder is going to open soon for us UT2K4 players interested in something more structured and fun. For now, however, this is just a general message to get a feel of what players could and would play for this ladder. If you are interested in looking into FraggedNation here's their URL (http://www.fraggednation.com/index.php). They basically organize the ladder (like TWL) for free and provide a nice user interface. If your interested in getting a team together or you want to be on a team then please post here.

This is both a serious and fun experience for all UT2K4 players and anyone is welcome to participate. A few of us have thrown around this idea since UT3 currently has an active VCTF and Wafare ladder on FraggedNation. If that dead game can have active ladders, why not UT2k4? ONS and Clan Arena are good to start out with since they are definitely doable with small teams (e.g., 3v3). Such is not the case with VCTF, but if there is enough interest then that certainly will happen as well.

Thanks,

badasp

Bezim
Flak monkey

Re: 3v3 ONS and 3v3 UTComp Clan Arena Ladders

Post by Bezim »

TAM with utcomp? Like...enhanced netcode and everything? Since when?!?

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

I support this bipartisan message.

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

Bezim wrote:TAM with utcomp? Like...enhanced netcode and everything? Since when?!?
Clan Arena has been around for a while though it never took off the way TAM did. 3SPN really pushed TAM when it came out whereas the creators of Clan Arena did not, thus probably the difference in popularity. Clan Arena comes with the UTComp download, so download that online if you want to take a look at it or you can simply just play it on the CB server.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Clan Arena sounds interesting as the Netcode helps me out. I'd like to download it... is this a valid link?

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/unrea ... 81967.html

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

Mr Bean wrote:Clan Arena sounds interesting as the Netcode helps me out. I'd like to download it... is this a valid link?

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/unrea ... 81967.html
That's not it. As stated previously, it comes with the UTComp download. I searched online for it but it seems difficult to find a download link, so I uploaded it to Filefront:

http://www.filefront.com/14612731/utcompv17a_116.zip

Filefront must have recently deleted a lot of their UT files since there were a bunch of download links a few months ago. Anyways, you may already have most of these files if you extracted them from your cache after you downloaded them from the CTC server. There will be a file or two that you haven't downloaded, however, and these files essenitally put UTComp in your mutator list and Clan Anena in the game type list when playing Instant Action.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

I would play TAM if it had netcode. Netcode has absolutely ruined me... the concept of leading shots does not register with my brain anymore.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Very nice! if this game type isn't already votable on the private... it should be.

Binski
Shock jockey

Post by Binski »

I have the same problem as you do, Ghosted. It took me many years to find my aim, especially difficult due to my ping. It didn't take long to find the sweet spot with utcomp, but then to return to a server without it seemed to destroy what game I once had.

Setting up scrims is hard enough. With places like fraggednation and TWL you can easily see who wants to play in any given gametype. Setting them up is an entirely different story. Honestly, remembering all the BS that went down in match communications at TWL does somewhat discourage me.

I would most certainly be down for some 3v3 clan arena matches. My preference still lies with 8v8 VCTF wars and 5v5/4v4 TAM scrimmages.

Nice find Bad!

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

Ghosted wrote:I would play TAM if it had netcode. Netcode has absolutely ruined me... the concept of leading shots does not register with my brain anymore.
Well this is TAM with netcode so come play! With yourself, Vapor, and Zeus CTC would have a very strong team. Cornfed, Shism, and Dubya would make a solid team as well. I know most of your guys don't care for ONS so there's no need to play something that you don't find enjoyable. I also know, however, that many of your guys enjoy the gameplay of TAM and like enhanced netcode. Clan Arena is exactly that, and the ladder would be more fun and successful if you guys participated. How about it? :D

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

i know ons really well, its all i played for the 1st 4 yrs of 2k4 , if anyone of you need me ill be happy to play with you, I know all the ONS maps just let me know thx guys good luck !!! :D

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

lil Sin wrote:i know ons really well, its all i played for the 1st 4 yrs of 2k4 , if anyone of you need me ill be happy to play with you, I know all the ONS maps just let me know thx guys good luck !!! :D
That's sweet. Perhaps you can get some of your guys together and form an ONS team. :D ONS is really fun once you get to know it more. I was once someone who really only liked VCTF but after playing ONS a bit more extensively I have come to like it. Maybe this ladder will be a good oppurtunity for people to rediscover ONS. It's good fun and it will be even better with more participation. :mrgreen:

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

I will play ONS if I am on Badasp's team. I will not play on Sin's team.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

Ghosted wrote:I will play ONS if I am on Badasp's team. I will not play on Sin's team.
im not playing...