ONSPLUS

General discussion about UT2004

Moderator: Admins

Helen
Shock jockey

ONSPLUS

Post by Helen »

So there this mod ONSPLUS that rewards people for linking vehicles but there is a conflict with hitsounds with utcomp. Anyone know any other outside hitsound mod to make it work or another mod that gives points for people linking vehicles/damage vehicles?

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Re: ONSPLUS

Post by Variasaber »

A mod that rewards for linking vehicles?

HOLY FUCK.

Screw hitsound issues, put that on the pub server RIGHT NOW, I could actually score points
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

Are you making an RPG invasion? If so....keep at it, I remember playing on "DM-DUmap1" Best game type ever,,, Besides VCTF :roll: and go on to the Death Warrant Servers to get some I deas, mabye we should extend our branches a bit guys. Lets get a cool invasion server.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

I'm wondering what the tradeoff would be going from those that never link to those that constantly link for points :|

People should get points for doing link trains. That would be fun :twisted:
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

Ghosted wrote:People should get points for doing link trains. That would be fun :twisted:
QFT

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

I looked at the mod's feature list.
We need this. The improvements are vast.
Here's the full list of features written by the mod's owner:

v1.0 Features
Drop Checks: If an exit point of your vehicle is at a long drop you will not get out of that exit point unless all points are at a drop. ONS/vCTF
Dodge Style Exit Selection: You can now choose which side of your vehicle you want to get out from - Added configurable options for how this should function. (Client side and server side) ONS/vCTF
Enhanced Radar Map: It now shows all vehicles that have re-spawned at your teams nodes. And you can select specific vehicles so you spawn closer to them ONS
Shared Node Scoring: When linking with teammates, the score is shared evenly. This includes destroying nodes as well as building them. (and optionally, vehicles too) ONS
Score Bonus: Score for repairing occupied vehicles and turrets (configurable bonus). ONS/vCTF
Score Bonus: Score for damaging occupied vehicles and turrets (configurable bonus). ONS/vCTF
Lift Beacons: Added command to call vehicles for a lift, when activated a 'Thumbs Up' beacon will appear over your head to all drivers on your team (and on all drivers HUD map). ONS/vCTF
The stuck 'Missile Lock' warning has been fixed. ONS/vCTF
Scorpian turret sometimes getting stuck as charged even when vehicle is empty has been fixed. ONS/vCTF
Fixed not being able to enter vehicles while ducking. ONS/vCTF
Fixed Raptors spinning around when you look up/down too far. ONS/vCTF
You can turn off peoples ability to select a preferred team (helps prevent balance problems). ONS/vCTF
-
v1.1 Features
Lock-on Check: Added an option to stop raptor missiles from locking on to respawned vehicles. ONS/VCTF
Added checks to stop vehicle cameras going outside the map (was exploited so that fog disappeared). ONS/vCTF
The accuracy of the 'Missile Lock' display has been greatly improved. ONS/VCTF
Added vehicle plugin system so custom vehicles can be recoded with ONSPlus improvements. ONS/VCTF
Fixed not being able to enter the Manta even when touching the edge of the wing. ONS/VCTF
Fixed ECE vehicles giving wrong death messages. ONS/VCTF
Shot down AVRiL's will credit kills to whoever destroys them and won't explode when shot by teammates. (i.e. if an enemy player dies after you shoot his AVRiL rocket then you get a kill) ONS/VCTF

Most of these options are configurable both serverside (through .ini and WebAdmin) and Clientside (the ONSPlus button on the Game tab within the Main Menu).

Note: Other fixes that have been included in Epic patches are not listed here.

Seriously. I downloaded the mod and I'm gonna try it out with bots (this won't let me test the Lift Beacon feature properly because I doubt the bots will react to it, but I can test most other things). If it works out well, I really think we should put it on the server

EDIT:
Ghosted wrote:I'm wondering what the tradeoff would be going from those that never link to those that constantly link for points :|
Two changes would be visible:
1. More people would be healing vehicles. Yeah, it's like you said, but hey, at least no one would respawn at base ready to head out with a vehicle and discover that they're all billowing flames.
2. I would no longer be ending matches with a score of 0 or 1 and having everyone on the server laugh at me :oops:

So yeah, it's kind of a selfish thing for me, but still. The benefits.
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

mudpuppet
Holy sh*t!

Post by mudpuppet »

Variasaber wrote: but still. The benefits.
!!!

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

So will it be like a score...or points to lv up? Because if it is something gay like points...no one will want them, make an rpg. Like we attack them and we build our base....and they attack us and build their base.

Helen
Shock jockey

Post by Helen »

Belta and I have done some tests on my server like 4 days ago. You cant get points for healing or damaging a vehicle with no one in it. The mod allows you to modify how much linking you got to do and damaging to vehicle for points for example on my server its set you got to do 600 damage to get a point or heal(link) a vehicle for 500hp which i think turns out to be 170link ammo i think(from belta's testing). Yeah this mod benfits those who keeps defences up like any map with pally, tank hellbender and bassically any defence vehicle used for the map. I have to say this mod just as great as mantarunassist was created.

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

So you can't get points for getting out of your vehicle after it's taken some fire and then healing it? Meh, although that does explain why it "wasn't working" when I tried it against bots.

I don't understand the counters for damage/healing vehicles used in the settings for this mutator. They say 1.000000000. Does that mean 1 = 100% of a vehicle's health, or 1 is one health point on a vehicle and there's plenty of decimals?

If the latter, you could potentially set up the mutator to award 1 million points for every vehicle health point damaged/healed :lol:

Helen, what's the name of your server, and what gametype? I wanna try it pretty pretty please
rimmer59 wrote:So will it be like a score...or points to lv up? Because if it is something gay like points...no one will want them, make an rpg. Like we attack them and we build our base....and they attack us and build their base.
*facepalm* It adds to your regular score in the game, the same way kills and flag captures and flag returns and such do.
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

*puntches wall* GOD!!! I thought we were going to get a inv server. And Yes It will be benifical to thoes linkers, and defenders...so now are you going to get pts for tutching the flag?

Helen
Shock jockey

Post by Helen »

Variasaber wrote:So you can't get points for getting out of your vehicle after it's taken some fire and then healing it? Meh, although that does explain why it "wasn't working" when I tried it against bots.

I don't understand the counters for damage/healing vehicles used in the settings for this mutator. They say 1.000000000. Does that mean 1 = 100% of a vehicle's health, or 1 is one health point on a vehicle and there's plenty of decimals?

If the latter, you could potentially set up the mutator to award 1 million points for every vehicle health point damaged/healed :lol:

Helen, what's the name of your server, and what gametype? I wanna try it pretty pretty please
rimmer59 wrote:So will it be like a score...or points to lv up? Because if it is something gay like points...no one will want them, make an rpg. Like we attack them and we build our base....and they attack us and build their base.
*facepalm* It adds to your regular score in the game, the same way kills and flag captures and flag returns and such do.
Ok rules to set at every time you heal vehicle up to 500hps including link trains you get 1point(takes 170link ammo).(not sure what = of link train system tho ) but all i know it works when its human players in a vehicle. Second rimmer59(not to point you out), but this team work gametype so give points to whoever that does teamwork will benfit over vctf gametype community. Also heres server ip 64.94.100.65:7777.

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

ok, because im tierd of a team being all o, but then we gun them down, take there flag. then score.
And veise versa

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

rimmer59 wrote:ok, because im tierd of a team being all o, but then we gun them down, take there flag. then score.
And veise versa
What is this--
Is this English?

You're tired of killing the enemy team, taking their flag, and scoring? Isn't that the point of CTF?

And yeah, touching the flag does award points... if you're returning it, or if you're carrying the enemy flag
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

Skallys Avenger
Flak monkey

Post by Skallys Avenger »

what's the big deal about points anyway? you can make a good contribution to your team without being the top scorer. back when I played ONS, I was always impressed with the players who didn't point whore but were consistently a major factor in their team's chance to win.

I guess my point is that you shouldn't need a mod like ONSPLUS to reward you for playing the game right =P