ONSPLUS

General discussion about UT2004

Moderator: Admins

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Re: ONSPLUS

Post by Variasaber »

What if you provide tons of things that don't give you points, end the match with a very low score, and people bitch at you for not helping?

That's not... quite what happens to me, but it's an example.
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

I like the idea of giving points for healing. Anything to promote team play. I'd like to see a mod like this for VCTF. I'm not for certain, but it seems like Titan at one time used a hitsound that wasn't UTcomp.

Skallys Avenger
Flak monkey

Post by Skallys Avenger »

lol varia. as long as you're having fun and not sabotaging your team I guess =P

what name do you use in game?

Helen
Shock jockey

Post by Helen »

Mr Bean wrote:I like the idea of giving points for healing. Anything to promote team play. I'd like to see a mod like this for VCTF. I'm not for certain, but it seems like Titan at one time used a hitsound that wasn't UTcomp.
Yes many people who play today fail to understand team in vctf, why you think no one plays torlan, agressiveallyways, actioncity, epytianwar, dinora, mistyglen, lonesemgin, backbone and ex.. stalemate maps.

Besides everyone before mantarun assist always wished for manta drivers get points and now they do so whats the big deal with people healing vehicles getting points. If person hosting server set ons rules right there wont be scores over 100 just linking lol like i said before healing 500hp takes 170link to get 1point thats only one person linking to get if have link trains i think will still take 170link to get a point and if we think its to low we can set it to 800hp or any other higher value not big deal, but if your complaining about your one kill point being over heal point shouldnt matter as long you do team work and work for the win. Its same way in the day of ut99 ctf people bitch about not getting points for returning the flag assist flag or picking up only person who capped got points. This one way to show people get rewarded for team work. If you only care about kill points why are you playing vctf? Heard of DM gametype p?

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

Helen wrote:Anyone know any other outside hitsound mod
It's already on our server.

UTExtra15

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

Skallys Avenger wrote:lol varia. as long as you're having fun and not sabotaging your team I guess =P

what name do you use in game?
:)
Same as my forum name, Variasaber. What about you?
Helen wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:I like the idea of giving points for healing. Anything to promote team play. I'd like to see a mod like this for VCTF. I'm not for certain, but it seems like Titan at one time used a hitsound that wasn't UTcomp.
Yes many people who play today fail to understand team in vctf, why you think no one plays torlan, agressiveallyways, actioncity, epytianwar, dinora, mistyglen, lonesemgin, backbone and ex.. stalemate maps.

Besides everyone before mantarun assist always wished for manta drivers get points and now they do so whats the big deal with people healing vehicles getting points. If person hosting server set ons rules right there wont be scores over 100 just linking lol like i said before healing 500hp takes 170link to get 1point thats only one person linking to get if have link trains i think will still take 170link to get a point and if we think its to low we can set it to 800hp or any other higher value not big deal, but if your complaining about your one kill point being over heal point shouldnt matter as long you do team work and work for the win. Its same way in the day of ut99 ctf people bitch about not getting points for returning the flag assist flag or picking up only person who capped got points. This one way to show people get rewarded for team work. If you only care about kill points why are you playing vctf? Heard of DM gametype p?
^Agree with you both so much.
Oh and Bean, note that most of ONSPLUS's functions work with VCTF as well. The only ones that don't are ones that pertain to nodes and cores.
All I see on CTC is people working alone, and I'm as guilty as any of them; the only teamwork I see is manta runs and a little bit of scouting (specifically, telling teammates over mic where the enemy flag carrier is). This shows potential for more assistance to other players; who hasn't been driving a flaming scorpion or bender thinking "Man I wish someone with a Link Gun would fix this up."

actioncity fucking rocks.

Helen, I have to ask you about the 500 hp = 1 point thing. Does that mean the 500 has to be healed on one vehicle, or during one life, or is it cumulative between vehicles and/or lives? If neither, it seems a little high, I mean you could only really do that with benders, tanks, paladins and leviathans (I've only seen a Leviathan in one VCTF map ever).
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

Skallys Avenger
Flak monkey

Post by Skallys Avenger »

Helen wrote:...whats the big deal with people healing vehicles getting points
It's not a big deal. I simply said that points aren't the only thing that matters...
Helen wrote:...but if your complaining about your one kill point being over heal point shouldnt matter as long you do team work and work for the win
I'm not complaining. I don't care about kills versus linking. I'm just indicating that score is not the only important thing in the game.
Helen wrote:Its same way in the day of ut99 ctf people bitch about not getting points for returning the flag assist flag or picking up only person who capped got points
This is related to my point. Why do people complain about getting points for shit? It is a game, after all...why not just play and have fun?
Helen wrote:This one way to show people get rewarded for team work
You get rewarded for teamwork by winning. TEAM work = TEAM reward = victory. Points are about individual glory. Your argument is counterintuitive to me.
Helen wrote:If you only care about kill points why are you playing vctf? Heard of DM gametype p?
Why are you insisting that I only care about kill points when I never said such a thing? You seem to take my comments personally, out of context, and not as I intended them. If you must know, yes, I do play dm occasionally.
Variasaber wrote:Same as my forum name, Variasaber. What about you?
Lately I've been playing as BadWireless, because, well, I have bad wireless. I don't think I've seen you around yet, maybe we play at different times of the day.

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

Hi, i saw you on last night...you are pretty good even with a ping of 150.

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

rimmer59 wrote:Hi, i saw you on last night...you are pretty good even with a ping of 150.
Yeah Me too... :mrgreen:
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

Helen
Shock jockey

Post by Helen »

Variasaber wrote:
Skallys Avenger wrote:lol varia. as long as you're having fun and not actioncity fucking rocks.

Helen, I have to ask you about the 500 hp = 1 point thing. Does that mean the 500 has to be healed on one vehicle, or during one life, or is it cumulative between vehicles and/or lives? If neither, it seems a little high, I mean you could only really do that with benders, tanks, paladins and leviathans (I've only seen a Leviathan in one VCTF map ever).
Well thats good Q never tested it tottally only on tank becuase one of vehicles you can shoot urself with lol to test for link, but something I need to check out with couple more players and such.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Skallys Avenger, I like the things you say. Glad to know there are some players out there like you and that you play here.

All hail the Beef!

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

Skallys, I don't think Helen was ranting at you. I think when she says "you," she means "people in general" or perhaps "people who fit the attributes that she is complaining about"

You seem sorta apathetic about this; you see no problem with receiving points for lots of things, but also don't mind if you don't. That's a good approach; nothing to fight over.

I also have not seen you on (I usually play in the evening on weekdays and randomly on weekends), but I'll be sure to greet you if I do.

Personally, I can live without this mutator, but I think it would be awesome if we had it. I heal vehicles a lot, but I have a hard time getting kills, and in the few times that I do get kills (lucky shots usually) someone kills me in a way that registers as suicide and I lose that point. And then at the end of the match, people mock me for my score (0), or even get mad over it.
I don't mean to be bitchy about this. I want to help the team, and I want to know for myself that I helped; recognition for helping isn't that important, but ridicule for supposedly not helping is not something I will put up with. I want to contribute, to know for myself that I contributed, for the team to know that I contributed, and to not be ridiculed for not contributing. I don't need congratulations or any other crap, it's simply a matter of worth.
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

There's a good group of people here that are true team players...doubt anything is going to change with how a person plays. I think the mod is mainly an experiment for the hell of it (I'm good with SWAGs). When I do play I prefer pure settings as much as possible, I realize there is the manta run assist etc. that have been accepted added features that some of us don't mind having. Some will like it, some won't - what's new :D

Also as Badwireless pointed out I could give 2 shits about points when it comes to teamplay and getting objectives done - who really cares about a racked up score if your team loses - oh yeah...the person who needs the ole ego stroked to justify living :mrgreen:

Play for fun! /end commercial

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

WarDad71 wrote:who really cares about a racked up score
How else do you know you're the best around?
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!