in the game what are you mouse settings set to ?

General discussion about UT2004

Moderator: Admins

MacLeod
Flak monkey

Post by MacLeod »

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Re: in the game what are you mouse settings set to ?

Post by Beltamaxx »

All the info u need is here. viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3366

MacLeod
Flak monkey

Post by MacLeod »

I was talking about the mouse settings like sensitivite and stuff

mudpuppet
Holy sh*t!

Post by mudpuppet »

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

mine is .5 but eagle uses 2.0 or something retarded I have no idea how he does what he does. Hack jokes are welcomed. :D

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

Mine is set to 3.0
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

vivr
Boom! Headshot!

Post by vivr »

It's going to vary based on your mouse and comp. Better to use the 360/in or 360/cm measurement.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

It's a function of your mouse DPI * your sensitivity. For example, someone with a sensitivity of .5 and a DPI of 5000 will have a greater overall sensitivity than someone with a sensitivity of 2 and a DPI of 500.

Things to note:

1000 DPI on one mouse is not equivalent to 1000 DPI on a different model
2000 DPI on your mouse isn't necessarily just 2 * 1000 DPI

The setup I have on my G9 is .5 @ 1000 DPI. Even though my mouse goes up to a much higher DPI, Badasp pointed out that above 1000 DPI there is a 'deadzone' on the G9 which affects your aim.

He also mentioned that the way to setup your mouse is to get it to the point where moving your mouse across the width of your mousepad will equal one 360 degree rotation of your character. I didn't do this personally and it probably doesn't apply to me as I have a huge mousepad. For me I put it about as low as I can personally stand while retaining the ability to do quick 180s for rocket spam.

There was a long period where I didn't care about this stuff and I still kindof don't. I do know that gradually bringing my sensitivity down from 2.0 to .5 has both improved my aim and allowed me to 'age gracefully'. On a good day I'm at maybe 40%+ shock and it doesn't feel like I miss much. Depends on who you're playing against of course.

@Wardad: Eagle can run those settings because he is young and his reflexes haven't started degrading yet. You don't have to get that much worse as you get older. Wisdom over strength as they say in martial arts :)

@Mac: Not getting hit is as important as hitting. Your semi-linear bunny hopping is something more easily corrected and will improve your overall performance.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

It's fairly precise
I've heard the instagib folks will train themselves down to 0.8, which on my PC is extremely precise.
I'm disregarding what Ghosted said because I don't feel like trying to improve my post :lol:

A friend of mine said that he often has to play using a touchpad, and that while it is awful for normal gameplay, it's fantastically precise for sniping. I have both, I think I'll give it a try :D
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

Variasaber wrote:1.8
It's fairly precise
I've heard the instagib folks will train themselves down to 0.8, which on my PC is extremely precise.
I'm disregarding what Ghosted said because I don't feel like trying to improve my post :lol:

A friend of mine said that he often has to play using a touchpad, and that while it is awful for normal gameplay, it's fantastically precise for sniping. I have both, I think I'll give it a try :D
You're really horrible.
Fix your mouse.
Seriously.
Horrible.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

Ghosted wrote:
Variasaber wrote:1.8
It's fairly precise

You're really horrible.
Fix your mouse.
Seriously.
Horrible.
:|
More sensitive, or less sensitive?
I have a lot of trouble pointing at my targets with higher sensitivities.
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

MacLeod
Flak monkey

Post by MacLeod »

[quote="Ghosted"]It's a function of your mouse DPI * your sensitivity. For example, someone with a sensitivity of .5 and a DPI of 5000 will have a greater overall sensitivity than someone with a sensitivity of 2 and a DPI of 500.

Things to note:

The setup I have on my G9 is .5 @ 1000 DPI. Even though my mouse goes up to a much higher DPI, Badasp pointed out that above 1000 DPI there is a 'deadzone' on the G9 which affects your aim.

do you mean 0.50 I tryed to set the mouse sensitivity in the game to .5 and it changed it to 0.50

vapor
Holy sh*t!

Post by vapor »

MacLeod wrote:
Ghosted wrote:It's a function of your mouse DPI * your sensitivity. For example, someone with a sensitivity of .5 and a DPI of 5000 will have a greater overall sensitivity than someone with a sensitivity of 2 and a DPI of 500.

Things to note:

do you mean 0.50 I tryed to set the mouse sensitivity in the game to .5 and it changed it to 0.50
opens mouth.....closes....opens....pauses...walks away

Skallys Avenger
Flak monkey

Post by Skallys Avenger »

I've always thought you should just use what is comfortable for you. I've heard a lot of different players talk about how low sensitivity rocks or high sensitivity is best. I say just pick a compromise that allows you to land shock/lg consistently without forcing you to move oafishly. Sure, try different settings out, but never use some specific setting just because someone else told you they're teh w1n.

IMO using a really high sensitivity is best for vehicles. That's part of the reason why I can't drive a manta for crap anymore. For reference I use about a 6 or 7 inch 360°, which is medium high sens from what I gather. Using a low sens can help for hitscan aim if you have a large enough mousepad and you don't mind moving your whole arm for every shot.

!nfo.
Goo sniper

Post by !nfo. »

1.0 in game and g5 mouse with 800 dpi
Masterbation is like procrastination, you only end up screwing yourself.