Hi all, great server..

General discussion about UT2004

Moderator: Admins

.Ä.CerealKiller.

Re: Hi all, great server..

Post by .Ä.CerealKiller. »

I'm pro, period. Discussion over.

PS the game is dead, over with, time to let stuff that happened years ago alone. I beg the people in this discussion who are in my clan to stop arguing against ridiculous people with ridiculous grudges. No clan was ever better than KHz at vctf, making the entire clan pro. Cereal is pro, steak is pro, fast cars and loose women are pro, NO ONE still playing in UT2k4 VCTF is remotely good (this includes you EJ HAHAH PRO'D!), carry on.

«ßîc»EJ`
Dominating

Post by «ßîc»EJ` »

harder harder

CTC-Darth
Dominating

Post by CTC-Darth »

This game is hardly dead and Khz was hardly the best vctf clan that ever was. I recall Khz being defeated by the Bic clan every time they had competition matches in the VCTF league. But I am sure you are just trying to make a point how silly and easy it is to make big claims about who is the best and who is pro.
Last edited by CTC-Darth on Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikey

Post by mikey »

yikes! sorry, I never intended the thread to turn into 3 pages, lol. I spent a few years playing instagib ctf in ut99, then a bit in 2k4, and have played with some incredibly good players in all forms of the game. I didn't get along with everybody either, but you gotta let it go, because when it comes down to it, its just a game. Games are supposed to be fun, and that's why we play.

When you start getting PAID to play, and don't have to work a regular job, then you become a "pro". Like that guy fatal1ty who makes like 200k+ a year playing in video game tournaments and sponsorships. THAT guy is a "Pro".

CTC-Darth
Dominating

Post by CTC-Darth »

Yes thats a good definition of Pro and what is normally used in sports, etc... No matter how good you are, you are rated as an amateur player until you get paid.

Lazy.Pirate
Shock jockey

Post by Lazy.Pirate »

mikey wrote:yikes! sorry, I never intended the thread to turn into 3 pages, lol. I spent a few years playing instagib ctf in ut99, then a bit in 2k4, and have played with some incredibly good players in all forms of the game. I didn't get along with everybody either, but you gotta let it go, because when it comes down to it, its just a game. Games are supposed to be fun, and that's why we play.

When you start getting PAID to play, and don't have to work a regular job, then you become a "pro". Like that guy fatal1ty who makes like 200k+ a year playing in video game tournaments and sponsorships. THAT guy is a "Pro".
yeah, but he's a douchebag
VCTF Public Service Announcement
Please keep in mind you are NOT allowed to make good OR bad comments on maps without having made one yourself. Thank you.
This has been a VCTF Public Service Announcement.

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

It seems the word "pro" is similar to calling someone a Noob - consider the source...(personally I stay away from those words due to the drama it can cause...if I was calling someone like Taz a pro if he is having a good night then ofc it would be intended as a joke among friends). Maybe we should throw the words "pro" and "noob" into the racist chat filter :P

I have no issues playing with everyone - shock kicks my butt - T2 kicks my butt - he did in DAM also - so it's nothing new. If I feel I'm in a server full of people where I stand no chance of competing at all - I move on to something else. No sense in having people yell for not being able to keep up with them.

Like I said, eagle has been accused of "botting" already more than once and our ISP connection sucks atm...wonder if it was "fixed" what some might say. If I thought for a second my kid was doing something like that - he would be read the riot act many times.

It was fun while it lasted. Didn't realize I was coming back to the same ole sh*t as before :roll:

«ßîc»EJ`
Dominating

Post by «ßîc»EJ` »

lawl @ Belta! :lol: :lol:

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Post by SMR »

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

lmao
good medicine :P

that video had pretty colors.

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

I just have to say this is one of the most ridiculous threads I have ever read. I can't believe so many people have spent time talking about the past. I am glad that everybody is coming to CTC to play. It is fun to see a mix of so many different skill-sets. All CTC wants is to provide a place for people to play that is actually fun. This drama WILL NOT/should not flow into the server. I think freedom of speech is a wonderful thing and I hope everybody feels comfortable posting their feelings on the forums, but if this crosses over into gameplay people will be asked to leave.

As far as the "PRO" mentality in gaming goes, I agree that you are not pro unless you are well paid. This doesn't mean that you pwn at your local lan party and win $50 bucks. There are some really really good players that have been playing at CTC and that is very cool. I want to re-iterate that CTC wants to provide a FUN place to play. Serious gameplay should not be sought on our public server. We reserve our serious gaming mentality for scrims only. Having some of the really good players come in and clean house makes people leave and never come back. These are the assholes that are driving people to the SAP server or to play other games. I equate this to having pro Football players come to a public highschool game and show the highschool kids who the REAL PROS are... Sure, it may be fun for a while to watch their skill, but after you get smashed by a pro linebacker you may be finding yourself taking up Golf lessons. I want to make it extremely clear that CTC does not just go off banning people. We want to welcome everybody to play, but hacking or not, if you are so extremely good that there is no challenge, it may be best to play, either on your own clan's server or another and we will look forward to playing serious with you in a scrim.

Thank you to everyone that strives to make the CTC server THE fun hangout place in UT. As for all the named or un-named "PRO's", it may be best that you start up ladder play again so you can play with other "PRO's" CTC is certainly not the place.

CTC is the truth.
CTC is the light.
CTC is the way.
CTC is the breast.

Peace,

PapaSmurf
You just got knocked the smurf out!

Shockbait.
Rocket spammer

Post by Shockbait. »

CTC-PapaSmurf wrote:It is fun to see a mix of so many different skill-sets.
I agree with everything else you said, but this simply isn't true. You yourself came in the server to mess with a few of the VoR players when someone un-named in your own clan was using something not very legal. It's in the past now, but a correct statement would be that you think it's fun to see a mix of so many skill-sets of average and below.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but on a spectrum game-wide skill sets, vctf players have always been on the lower end. People that took the game more seriously and played competitively in other gametypes tend to have one or two things happen when they return to vctf. 1. They become assholes with egos the size of texas and run around telling everyone else how they have to play. 2. They come back trying to play one of their old favorite gametypes only to be shunned and hated for their skills acquired from playing TAM or TDM.

But hey, if you go back and look at this forums posts before the server opened, you guys had a very small intimate group of friends that you played with and IMO weren't ready for an entire community to flood in. At least not this community, it's been dysfunctional since +eg+ left back at vctf.com. You guys really have no reason to try and understand where the "good" players are coming from, this is your funhouse and you run your way. I'm just trying to break the mindset that everyone around here seems to have(and is being perpetuated by belta at every turn) that if you're playing in the server and you get headshotted, or god forbid shocktaped, its immediately hacks, or the guy doing it think he's some kind of pro and is laughing at you. Some people got their start in vctf, and used to play just like you. I know I never tried to make fun of anyone because I still remember trying to get better and having the "Pro" people make fun of me for being bad. Plus vctf is a better option than WoW when you're tired of failing at TF2.

Guess I'll go level my dwarf /facepalm.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

I think we're done here...
"The abyss gazes also into you"