General discussion about UT2004

Moderator: Admins

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unreal through Steam!

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

KrazR over at XCG posted this:
So it has been announced that Steam is now going to sell UT on their online network. Not only that, they are already doing it. At pretty decent prices too I might add. Here's the webpage from their site where you can buy all of the Unreal games. Check it out as it is well worth a look. If you don't already have them all the "Unreal Deal" is definitely the one to get for the price! I think it's also nice that you can get the Unreal games off of steam because it's actually a decent service. You don't have to go to the store to pick them up. Simply buy them off the website, install the Steam client (obviously you'll have to register a Steam account if you don't already have one), and simply download the games. It's that easy!
http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php ... =683&cc=US
"The abyss gazes also into you"

-T2-
Dominating

Re: Unreal through Steam!

Post by -T2- »

Is anyone using UT via steam? Any issues? Just wondering...

!nfo.
Goo sniper

Post by !nfo. »

ask beefy t2.
Masterbation is like procrastination, you only end up screwing yourself.

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

Its actually pretty cool... You can dl the games that you buy to any pc... its like buying the box game, but you they keep the disk for you... you can dl it over and over as the game is saved in your steam account. Its a pretty good deal.

-T2-
Dominating

Post by -T2- »

Thanks for the feedback McShagger. I am already familiar with steam and how that works. It has its pro's and con's like most things. I was more interested in how UT integrated into Steam. Any issues or feedback?

BTW, do you play any other Steam games? I have HL2 (all), CS:Source, TF2. TF2 is what I spend my non-UT time playing.

Thanks again.

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

I dont know... I dont use steam other than for buying another copy of UT2k4... I should be asking you for feedback with steam...

-T2-
Dominating

Post by -T2- »

It doesn't sound like you have had any issues though, right? That is all I am looking for. As long as the game functions the same, I don't care. I just think it is cool to be able to buy the game again if I can't find me DVD (if I need to reinstall). Sound like I would do the Steam thing.

«ßîc»EJ`
Dominating

Post by «ßîc»EJ` »

steam = poop

-T2-
Dominating

Post by -T2- »

Again, thanks for your constructive feedback.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

«ßîc»EJ` wrote:steam = poop
ROFL! That's funny EJ :lol:

«ßîc»EJ`
Dominating

Post by «ßîc»EJ` »

Mr Bean wrote:
«ßîc»EJ` wrote:steam = poop
ROFL! That's funny EJ :lol:

haha, where were you tonight Bean hit me up on xfire tomorrow night lets go practice those jumps.

good fun bean :D

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

-T2- wrote:Is anyone using UT via steam? Any issues? Just wondering...
I'm using it. No problems.

COKEDUDE
Flak monkey

Post by COKEDUDE »

I've played COD with it before. I didn't have any problems.

Lazy.Pirate
Shock jockey

Post by Lazy.Pirate »

Steam is like a lot of things that come out now. When it was first released, it got some pretty bad press from a lot of people, due to not being that stable, and people didnt like the idea of having to log into some online service to play their games, but later it got good updates, and people realized why steam was doing what it was doing, and that if you buy a game to use with steam, logging in isnt that big a deal. and if its a single player game you can still use steam offline, so its not a huge deal for single player games.

Overall steam is something worth having on your system... you can get lots of games though it, and it keeps things in a nice list for you, and also the ability to get your game again after a format (although downloads can take a long time, they are several gigs after all) can be very nice. not having to worry about cd keys or anything.
VCTF Public Service Announcement
Please keep in mind you are NOT allowed to make good OR bad comments on maps without having made one yourself. Thank you.
This has been a VCTF Public Service Announcement.