Let me say this to MLK

General discussion about UT2004

Moderator: Admins

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Let me say this to MLK

Post by ru_exp »

MLK...

We've been playing about UT2k4 3 years. I want to make it clear about what I eluded to last night. You had an incredible game on the map. And yes, I was frustrated by your inability to miss.

However, I have seen you play a zillion times before and I frankly doubt if you cheat. I have had those rare games where I could not miss even if my wife was sitting on my lap churning ice cream. I just wanted to make it clear to you that if I honestly thought you were cheating I would not hesitate on calling you out...and not just eluding to it.

That was a cowardly thing for me to do and I apologize to you.

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Re: Let me say this to MLK

Post by WarDad71 »

Side comment - once in a while I get in the groove and people start thinking wow he isn't playing sucky as usual...hmmm I almost feel guilty when I actually am playing decent. Not sure if this mentality helps me stay in my sucky groove or not. Almost afraid to get better since I have a rep of not being so hot :roll:

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

WarDad71 wrote:Side comment - once in a while I get in the groove and people start thinking wow he isn't playing sucky as usual...hmmm I almost feel guilty when I actually am playing decent. Not sure if this mentality helps me stay in my sucky groove or not. Almost afraid to get better since I have a rep of not being so hot :roll:
LOL! I've thought the same thing... just never said it.

Yeah, MLK was unstoppable last night. It was pretty frustrating for the other team going out 0-5. I've seen some really good players switch teams after 0-3. It makes the game more enjoyable for everyone, and you earn more respect... not just as an outstanding player, but also as a good sport.

CTC-Darth
Dominating

Post by CTC-Darth »

Yes thats true Mr Bean. Sportsmanship can make the game fun. I hate playing if someone is whining the entire time way more than if I see a freaky high score. Any way who cares. What happens in this game is not a real representation of who you are and your quality. You could be freakishly good at this game and still be big ass loser in real life or the other way around. Just take it easy and enjoy it.

-T2-
Dominating

Post by -T2- »

Ru, utmost respect for being honest bro. I think this is the second time someone has stepped up after making accusations (or eluding) and I commend you for that. Me thinks MLK got his mouse and internet issues taken care of. :D

Speaking of hot rounds/nighs. I have been sucking big time lately but when it comes to the poker map, I just go nuts. I was on fire with the LG.....12 HS! I need to go back and watch that demo. I personally think it has to do with the playing surface being so flat. Not as much aim needed (up-n-down). :? Love to hear others thoughts on this....

CTC-Darth
Dominating

Post by CTC-Darth »

I really love that map. I have noticed the same thing about hitting well on it sometimes. Maybe your right, its because its flat? Didnt think of that. Maybe some mappers here might have a clue, but if there isn't much lag and your I am feeling "on", it seems possible to hit people across the map over and over, well at least sometimes.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

:evil: T2 :evil:

You hit it on the head> :lol: <

Flat maps are very accomodating to head shots and hitscans. There was a map call Stadium that was just ridiculous just for this cause.

MLK
Dominating

Post by MLK »

Hahahhah, np ru. I know it was probably really annoying. Sorry to be so oppressive. It's up and down with my connection. You'll notice when I'm losing packets. My efficiency will go from 60+ with everything to 30 or less.

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

Bottom line is not caring what people think. I get so mad when I'm having freeze up issues or whatever and try not to b*tch too much or make it sound like excuses. Everyone has ups and downs some are up more than down which is cool...bottom line is <3 ya MLK even if you played sucky - I like hanging with you cuz you can be fun for the most part (except for when your on your period sometimes in chat if the team is fracking up :P )

One thing that makes me lol is when a "better" player is having an off night, and instead of just hanging and having some fun with friends who could care less if they are having an "off" night - they end up leaving I guess to save face :roll: (Usually this happens if I kill the better player more than twice on a head-to-head in the same match :P jk)

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

The cheat accusations get thrown around way too much. Most VCTF players have lived a sheltered UT life and aren't aware of the talent outside of VCTF, but I'll promise you this: the best VCTF players are nothing compared to the top level DM players as far fragging ability goes. If you think VCTF players cheat, you'd probably uninstall the game immediately after running in to some of the DMers out there.

Much more often than not, a person accused of cheating is not. For the peace of mind of players and the harmony on the server, it's better to not accuse everyone better than you and save the accusations for people you can prove are cheating.

I personally have been threatened to be banned because I play to my ability. How is that fair? Should I not be allowed to play the best that I can play? I certainly hope everyone plays the best that they can, otherwise where is the challenge? I know the people on my team want me to play the best that I can. I wouldn't be helping my team as much as I could if I didn't play as well as I could, and we all know how much helping the team is preached on these forums. I enjoy playing peacefully and would much rather be joking around with everyone as I play rather than defending myself for how I play.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. I just wanted to put in my two cents considering how often I get accused of cheating. It's good to apologize ru_exp; showing that you didn't intend to feed the incessant accusing.

On a side note: MLK is not a cheater . . . but he is a MANtuh.

-Fluxx-

Post by -Fluxx- »

Well any given day you can rape or be raped in this game. To me its all in fun due to its just a game. I think everyone who plays on CTC server are great players. :P

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

-Id- wrote:The cheat accusations get thrown around way too much. Most VCTF players have lived a sheltered UT life and aren't aware of the talent outside of VCTF, but I'll promise you this: the best VCTF players are nothing compared to the top level DM players as far fragging ability goes. If you think VCTF players cheat, you'd probably uninstall the game immediately after running in to some of the DMers out there.

Much more often than not, a person accused of cheating is not. For the peace of mind of players and the harmony on the server, it's better to not accuse everyone better than you and save the accusations for people you can prove are cheating.
Eagle (my son who plays not too far from me and whom I know has no funky crap on his/my machine) gets the ??? once in a while usually by someone who doesn't know him - it makes for some good comedy.

Oh, and what Flux said.

Dubya
Holy sh*t!

Post by Dubya »

I've found that when I'm in a kind of pissed of mood I suck, and since I'm sucking I get even more pissed off! So therefore I end up sucking even more!!! argh! it's an endless loop since I'm always pissed off now at voids teamkilling!!!! :lol:
No...

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

I learned the most when I was getting my ass kicked by a freak of nature that will remain nameless. In fact, I like going head to head with very good players. (has anyone seen Velocitas lately?) I end up getting toasted because I get way to wrapped up watching what they are doing (Who in fujk is Id :?: ). When I started playing years ago I never played DM or TAM. Then I went on a run of playing nothing but....and it helped, a lot.

At the end of the day all I want is strong competition and a fight to the finish.

-T2-
Dominating

Post by -T2- »

ru_exp wrote:(has anyone seen Velocitas lately?)
Haven't seen Velo in a long time. At least since the BEL days. ( <<- rofl)