lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Re: g'day from ac_R4zor

Post by lil Sin »

Sals Avatar :lol:

ac_R4zor

Post by ac_R4zor »

I just joined your server then got an message saying I was banned for the game for using a class called ANTITCC119BETA26.ANTITCCINPUTMONITOR or something of the sort. Can you tell me what I did wrong?
Whoever said "All is fair in love and war" obviously hadn't played an FPS.
http://www.des.designweapon.com/bb
http://www.magicmrx.co.cc

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

You used hax and were banned. Clear your cache and try again.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

ac_Ruthless

Post by ac_Ruthless »

All has been good so far except for a few problems.

1. When I am online, I experience random "glitches" where I suddenly jerk forward, kinda like video lagg. Now, at first I though it was just server lagg (250 ping), but then I went onto an Australian server and experience the exact same thing. I'm pretty sure it hasn't got anything to do with my graphics performance, seeing as I have an "up-to-date" system. So does anybody know what is causing this? :(

2. I have F9 binded to screenshot, and apparently I am supposed to have a screenshot folder in my UT2004 directory. I checked and I dont seem to have it. I tried making folders called "Screenshots" "Screenshot" "screenshots" etc. but nothing gets saved to them :(

sry to trouble you :(
Rig
Case: Antec 300
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 8500 3.16 GHz - Fan: Deepcool D988
Ram: 2 x 2GB Kingston HyperX
Graphics Card: 9800 GT
HD: Seagate 500GB

WeedVulture
Holy sh*t!

Post by WeedVulture »

ac_Ruthless wrote:1. When I am online, I experience random "glitches" where I suddenly jerk forward, kinda like video lagg. Now, at first I though it was just server lagg (250 ping), but then I went onto an Australian server and experience the exact same thing. I'm pretty sure it hasn't got anything to do with my graphics performance, seeing as I have an "up-to-date" system. So does anybody know what is causing this? :(
sounds like packetloss.
ac_Ruthless wrote:2. I have F9 binded to screenshot, and apparently I am supposed to have a screenshot folder in my UT2004 directory. I checked and I dont seem to have it. I tried making folders called "Screenshots" "Screenshot" "screenshots" etc. but nothing gets saved to them :(
my f9=shot not screenshot.

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

ac_Ruthless wrote:All has been good so far except for a few problems.

1. When I am online, I experience random "glitches" where I suddenly jerk forward, kinda like video lagg. Now, at first I though it was just server lagg (250 ping), but then I went onto an Australian server and experience the exact same thing. I'm pretty sure it hasn't got anything to do with my graphics performance, seeing as I have an "up-to-date" system. So does anybody know what is causing this? :(

2. I have F9 binded to screenshot, and apparently I am supposed to have a screenshot folder in my UT2004 directory. I checked and I dont seem to have it. I tried making folders called "Screenshots" "Screenshot" "screenshots" etc. but nothing gets saved to them :(
sry to trouble you :(
As far as the first problem goes, do you have Vertical Sync turned on? If so, turn it off, as it can cause issues like those you are describing. It caps your frames to your refresh rate and it can cause all sorts of lag, both in video and especially with input devices (e.g., mouse). If this doesn't solve the issue then it could be Nvidia's drivers, which are known to have issues with this game. My 8800GT ran the game with all sorts of hiccups whereas my ATI 4870 runs it near flawlessly.

As far as the second problem goes, I once had this issue and solved it by turning off User Account Control (UAC). For some reason or another, UAC makes the UT2004 folder read only and prevents you from making any changes inside, whether it be creating a subfolder (like for screenshots) or even altering your configuration files (INIs). To turn this off, go to Control Panel, then Control Panel Home, then User Accounts and Family Safety, then User Accounts. There you will find a link at the bottom to turn User Account Control on or off. Turn it off and it should solve this issue.

Hope this helps. :D

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

"As far as the second problem goes, I once had this issue and solved it by turning off User Account Control (UAC). For some reason or another, UAC makes the UT2004 folder read only and prevents you from making any changes inside, whether it be creating a subfolder (like for screenshots) or even altering your configuration files (INIs). To turn this off, go to Control Panel, then Control Panel Home, then User Accounts and Family Safety, then User Accounts. There you will find a link at the bottom to turn User Account Control on or off. Turn it off and it should solve this issue."

Running UT as admin will have the same effect without the need of raising the privaledges of the rest of your programs (which is what turning off UAC does). You can have this done automatically every time you launch by right clicking on your UT link, selecting properties -> Advanced (button) -> Run as Administrator (checkbox).

Also to the haxor from AC that was bouncing off of the unused class thingy. It's probably a file from another server. You can clear your cache by going to your UT install folder, then the Cache subfolder and deleting all those files. Try connecting after that and everything should work.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

ac_R4zor

Post by ac_R4zor »

and yeah, there were a few things in there that started with "AntiTCC". I was joining and leaving a lot of servers beforehand. That was probably the cause?
Whoever said "All is fair in love and war" obviously hadn't played an FPS.
http://www.des.designweapon.com/bb
http://www.magicmrx.co.cc

ac_Ruthless

Post by ac_Ruthless »

badasp wrote:
As far as the first problem goes, do you have Vertical Sync turned on? If so, turn it off, as it can cause issues like those you are describing. It caps your frames to your refresh rate and it can cause all sorts of lag, both in video and especially with input devices (e.g., mouse). If this doesn't solve the issue then it could be Nvidia's drivers, which are known to have issues with this game. My 8800GT ran the game with all sorts of hiccups whereas my ATI 4870 runs it near flawlessly.
Hope this helps. :D
I checked my NVIDIA settings and I have Vertical Sync forced off, so that can't be the problem. Ill look into the drivers later today
Ghosted wrote:Running UT as admin will have the same effect without the need of raising the privaledges of the rest of your programs (which is what turning off UAC does). You can have this done automatically every time you launch by right clicking on your UT link, selecting properties -> Advanced (button) -> Run as Administrator (checkbox).
Thank you that seemed to work. Stupid Vista ;)
Rig
Case: Antec 300
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 8500 3.16 GHz - Fan: Deepcool D988
Ram: 2 x 2GB Kingston HyperX
Graphics Card: 9800 GT
HD: Seagate 500GB

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

As far as vsync goes... be sure and check both 'global settings', and 'program settings'. I have the 8600 GTS. There is a tab for each group in the advanced settings list. I believe that even if you turn the vsync off in global, the game could still have it enable because of the program setting. Just select the UT icon, then verify that vsync is turned off.