g'day from ac_R4zor

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

ac_R4zor

g'day from ac_R4zor

Post by ac_R4zor »

Hey, to all here, CTC or UT2k4 players! I know you've met my clanmates ac_tipper and ac_Godsmack (from DES), and I thought I'd be another to show up on your forums. I'm R4zor, also a member of DES. I've been playing AssaultCube for over a year and a half. After reading a post on our forums, I just had to see what this business is all about :)

(ac_)tipper has been pushing all of us into getting what I hope will be a great and powerful game/engine. No, I don't have UT2k4 quite yet, but it's on the way (Monday, hopefully). Just wait, I'll start up the game and get slaughtered by all of you pros, who apparently have been playing for yearrs...

so I will say greetings and get out of your hair for now. I'll post again when I have the game and can tell you all how horribly even single player owned me :D

R4zor
Whoever said "All is fair in love and war" obviously hadn't played an FPS.
http://www.des.designweapon.com/bb
http://www.magicmrx.co.cc

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: g'day from ac_R4zor

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Hello and welcome! Let us know when you get the game!
"The abyss gazes also into you"

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Yes, welcome new friend. We welcome all levels of players here. We have two servers actually and I know that you can find someone to take you to the private server and show you the ropes. If your ac clan mates would like to meet there, we can have a friendly "get to know each other" session if you'd like.

It's always great to see new blood here!

All hail the Beef!

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

ditto... nice to see you at the forum. I played a few rounds with ac_tipper last nice. Nice guy and gg's. Looking forward to seeing you on the server.

actipper
Flak monkey

Post by actipper »

Think we might take you up on the private server tutorial Salchicha when a few more of us have got sorted with the game. Atm its get on, plug the arse, cross fingers and duck a lot :)
This is how we are doing atm http://www.des.designweapon.com/bb/view ... f=63&t=988
Next week we should have a private server for UT up. Given I'm doing it i cant say up and running ;)
If some of your members would like to play a bit of DM and CTF which is what I shall start with in the map rot, perhaps you might be interested in having a pass?

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Sounds good, we can have an intelligence exchange, ha ha.

Hit me up on the pub if you see me and we'll see what we can do.

Get in there my son!

All hail the Beef!

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

actipper wrote:If some of your members would like to play a bit of DM and CTF which is what I shall start with in the map rot, perhaps you might be interested in having a pass?
I'm Up for some DM or CTF and I'm sure there are other's that would join just put a Date
and Time on it and we can do this.

And if you need More DM maps just let me know we have alot on our private server
and I think 95% of them I have in a map pack on Filefront.

We are looking forward to your clan joining In the UT community.

Thanks,
Gamibit
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

ac_Ruthless

Post by ac_Ruthless »

Instead of opening a whole new topic and such, I might as well say hi here.

Hi! :D
Rig
Case: Antec 300
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 8500 3.16 GHz - Fan: Deepcool D988
Ram: 2 x 2GB Kingston HyperX
Graphics Card: 9800 GT
HD: Seagate 500GB

Tiggrrrr
Holy sh*t!

Post by Tiggrrrr »

Hello there! :!: Very excited to get to know you guyz! :!:
Im <{CTC}>Tiggrrrr, there's a buddies list you can add
me to.
I try and practice, with people, and bots in the private server
between 7-8:00pm my time, might be 2 to 3 hours later for some.
Dm, vctf, inta gib ctf, like to switch things up a bit :wink:
I play vctf in public. Your welcome to add me
to buddies list. :D
Left or right click, it'll enable you to add.
Other than that, I'll get you the ip addy's:

Pub ip: 65.150.214.127:7777

Priv ip: 209.246142:102.7777 pw CTC
unless something's going on.

VM ip: 217.163.25.21:7777

This server is in Europe, you may have a high ping.
Doesnt bother me, Im in Canada :P

Fun place to learn and play, lots of talent,
even to spec and get pointers. You can always pick
out the good players to watch :wink:

If anyone needs any help, tips, anything, just ask.
Im not the best player, still learning, and training always.
~Peace~

~Alyson~ aka <{CTC}>Tiggrrrr^^^^

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

Hello all AC members. If you guys are interested, I enjoy helping players improve their skills and try to reach a high level of play. Sometimes it is hard for people to do this because it is hard for them to break old, bad habits, but considering you guys are brand new to this game, I bet you could all benefit from this immensely and learn how to play the right way without developing bad habits. I can teach you movement, strategy, fragging skills or whatever else you may need.

My team has a server that we can use for this training. With CTC helping you and Meh (my team) helping you, you guys can take huge steps in improving yourselves without the years worth of learning curve that this game requires.

It would be cool to get your whole team on some time and I can go over things with all of you at once. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

ac_Ruthless wrote:Instead of opening a whole new topic and such, I might as well say hi here.

Hi! :D

hello ruthlessssss,

welcome :D

ac_R4zor

Post by ac_R4zor »

I got the game last night, and have been trying to get my head around it ever since. The game is so vast! In comparison to my usual FPS (~10 gamemodes, ~7 weapons) this game in a monster. There are so many options, guns, vehicles. Dodges, double jumps, alternate fire. I have a little trouble telling teams apart, and my fps suffers a little at mid-low settings. For a low system requirement though, the graphics are simply art, as well as the maps.

I still find the game terribly addicting and fun :D Before even trying IA or SP I joined your public vctf server and promptly was blasted against a wall. Since then I've tried to learn a few vctf and dm maps. I know the layout of a few but the idea of picking up weapons is new to me (I'll have to memorize where some spawns are.) This morning I started reading the manual. It shed some light as to wtf the objective is in Onslaught :)

I hope I can learn a bit more about UT and try and find my 'home terrain'. And I hope some of you guys can help :)

ac_R4zor

Post by ac_R4zor »

I really dislike the way the bullet release is delayed if your ping is bad. Being aussie means I don't get ~300 ping in a lot of servers, and it bugs me, being mainly a sniper (lightning gun, shock rifle) user, that my shot is delayed and misses.

But, anyway, it isn't too bad on your Public VCTF server. I had a game on there just then with MrBean and Mudpuppet and the map was simple enough, so I managed not to come last. Of course, I was burned 9/10 times by a rocket or vehicle - loooonnng way to go. But I hope to play with you all soon :D

(this FPS is really getting to me. I use 640x480, 16bit colour depth and the lowest settings possible and I hardly get 50+ fps. I don't suppose there are any undermined tricks to boost it? :( )

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Could you give us a little info on your computer? Maybe we can help.

All hail the Beef!

ac_R4zor

Post by ac_R4zor »

Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz
1.9 GB RAM
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family) this, of course, is what lets me down. hate laptop :evil:

I know my laptop isn't meant for games, and I was expecting low FPS. But I didn't expect it to be _this_ bad on the lowest settings.