Moderator: Admins

Tiggrrrr
Holy sh*t!

Peek a Boo Tiggrrrr^^^^

Post by Tiggrrrr »

Haven't been in game much guys....
My schedule hasn't really allowed me.
My son had a fever over 100 degrees
over the weekend. I didn't feel %100 either.
I'll be eager to play when I can again....
Cheers!!!!~
I couldn't go out for Halloween :cry:
I must make up for it soon. Maybe we should
have a get wasted and play night. For those of us
old enough, and that use.... hehe.
We'll have a wasted ut night lol!~

Also I had an idea :idea: We should instead of what it was
before on Fridays. We'll have friendly scrims in private? W/e
the game of chose. That way private will get used and, we'll switch
things up from pub, and use private as well. The only thing we'll have to
watch is loosing people from public, when we leave to play in priv?
Maybe other night than Friday? Any suggestions peoples?
~Alyson~ aka <{CTC}>Tiggrrrr^^^^Miss you guys :(

-Id- iot
Dominating

Re: Peek a Boo Tiggrrrr^^^^

Post by -Id- iot »

Tiggrrrr wrote:Also I had an idea :idea: We should instead of what it was
before on Fridays. We'll have friendly scrims in private? W/e
the game of chose. That way private will get used and, we'll switch
things up from pub, and use private as well. The only thing we'll have to
watch is loosing people from public, when we leave to play in priv?
Maybe other night than Friday? Any suggestions peoples?
~Alyson~ aka <{CTC}>Tiggrrrr^^^^Miss you guys :(
Wow, really? That is called a PUG, Tigger, which is exactly what we already do on Fridays, and you never participated once. We do not do it on the CTC private anymore because Badasp's and my admin was taken away, thus we cannot organize a PUG there any more. PUGs are now held in either the Meh or CB server.

Considering most CTC players do not participate in this for whatever reason they may have, you will find that you have a hard time setting one of these up. Good luck in trying to steal the PUG from us, which is obviously your goal.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

-Id- wrote:Good luck in trying to steal the PUG from us, which is obviously your goal.
Yeah Tig, stop trying to steal Id's PUG.

Also, I think Tig usually plays on her friend's TAM server on Friday's, so she possibly has no idea about your weekly get together.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

I think she means she would like a friendly, fun-filled game instead of one that is hyper competitive.

We won't piss in your pond, chill.

I can't speak for all of CTC but in my case, I have a life away from here and the times that the pug is played is right in the middle of "family time". If it was later in the evening I might be able to join.

Again, CTC is a laid back clan. We come here to laugh and relax.

I'll be there Tig but lets try a little later in the evening.

Oh, and since CTC never plays in the PUG, we should have 16-20 people that can have a friendly scrim. HA!

All hail the Beef!

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

-Id- wrote:
Considering most CTC players do not participate in this for whatever reason they may have, you will find that you have a hard time setting one of these up. Good luck in trying to steal the PUG from us, which is obviously your goal.
wtf?

Heirarchy of Paranoia

You have know crossed into level 2...and digressing.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

CTC-Salchicha wrote:Oh, and since CTC never plays in the PUG, we should have 16-20 people that can have a friendly scrim. HA!
BAM! BAM! BAM!

Take it Bam Bam

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

I have Played in a few Pugs also, But it is a hard time for me to make also, Like Sal says it's family time and most of the time it's
right around supper time for me.

But I think also Tig was also saying we could play whatever like Carball, Tam or even VCTF or all of the above.
It's also hard to do any of it with school going on again, but If it was later like Sal mention my kids would more likely be
in bed then I could also join.

Just My $0.02
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

kronx
Killing Spree

Post by kronx »

the friday pugs badasp and id organize are extremely friendly... many people just don't give it a chance and they just assume they are super competitive based upon the fact that they are being organized by people who just happen to be good at the game. Competition does not exist in UT2k4 anymore. Pugs and scrims are not competition. They are for Fun and nothing more. Competition is defined by clans fighting eachother for a higher spot on a ladder or to win money... and this has not existed in UT2k4 for years... Even when a clan scrims another clan that is not competition because a scrim is a practice match... like a preseason basketball game.. They exist for teams to get experience in for when they actually do have a real match that is for a spot on a ladder or to win money.
the pug is much more fun than endless pugging with teams who aren't communicating or stacked teams most of the time... Compared to when we do the pugs we try to make the teams as even as possible... and if the teams don't turn out very well then we switch them up the next map...
We never cared where the scrims take place. All that is needed is for somebody to have admin access to whichever server is being used... nobody who has admin to ctc private shows up so we do it on the meh or cb server...
I'm pretty bummed that less and less people are starting to show up to the pug and many people haven't even showed up ever. like i said people just assume it is super competitive which is completely false. its for fun nothing more. People of every skill level have showed up and the teams are arranged to be the most even instead of stacked blue team 10 maps in a row. So give it a try people its at 6pm PST every friday and it takes place at id.vent.nfoservers.com 29690 where we meet, pick teams, map, server... if you do not like a particular person who plays in the pug who cares... Don't let them stop you from enjoying the game. Don't decide to not show up just because you don't like that person... You are going to run into them anyways in the public server.. why not play with them in a more organized environment where the teams aren't stacked in blue's favor 10 maps in a row
About the friday night thing yeah thats when people go out... and have family time... hmm maybe a better night?

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

Ghosted wrote:Also, I think Tig usually plays on her friend's TAM server on Friday's, so she possibly has no idea about your weekly get together.
Tiggrrrr wrote:Also I had an idea :idea: We should instead of what it was
before on Fridays.
She says, "Instead of what it was before on Fridays." Maybe I read too far in to that, but it sounds kind of like she is trying to convince people away from the current Friday PUG.

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

kronx wrote:About the friday night thing yeah thats when people go out... and have family time... hmm maybe a better night?
I have consider trying different nights, but on any given weeknight, a large portion of people cannot stay up as late as we play because they have to be up early for school or work. Friday has worked so far, so that is why I have stuck with that.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Id is just trying to stir the turd.
He knows that his and Basasp's privileges on the private server have NOT been removed.

But now that you've mentioned it, Id, yours have been.

Yeah, Tigg was talking about TAM, carball, VCTF, etc...

And Kronx makes great points in his post. Everybody should give the PUG a try if they're interested. It is so much funner to play when people are communicating.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:He knows that his and Basasp's privileges on the private server have NOT been removed.

But now that you've mentioned it, Id, yours have been.
And then Jim was all like:

Also, Friday is my all you can eat pussy night, so I can unfortunately not make the pug. I know this breaks your heart.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

-Id- wrote: Maybe I read too far in to that, but it sounds kind of like she is trying to convince people away from the current Friday PUG.

wtf?

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

Anyone up for some Borderlands? :D

As far as the admin thing goes, I tried a couple weeks ago to log in order to add a map for Prism for testing and I could not. I tried the day after and the same issue persisted. Since I got no effective response when asking the CTC heirarchy about my reserved slot on the pub disappearing, I assumed this was another privilege that I lost and as such I didn't bother asking about it. Such is not the case now, however, since I can log in.

As others have suggested, the PUGs are all about fun so don't feel discouraged if you're not the best player. If anything the best matches we ever had on the PUG are those with teams comprised of people of different skill levels. Different skill levels bring different approaches to the game, which adds diversity to the gameplay. Therefore players of all skill levels are an asset and are greatly encouraged to play.

mudpuppet
Holy sh*t!

Post by mudpuppet »

kronx speaks trues
ru_exp wrote: wtf?

LMAo-]