CTC Public server going away soon...

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

ONYX

Re: CTC Public server going away soon...

Post by ONYX »

I'm on Steam and am playing Modern Warfare. But it doesn't have the CTC VCTF community and fun.

So who are these troublemakers we're talking about that we shouldn't share the new password with?

Tiggrrrr
Holy sh*t!

Post by Tiggrrrr »

Id like to say, it wasnt all just people
in CTC pissing people off.
It just got old for some people.

They wanted to play a new game, who can blame them :wink: .
Or, some of us can only play ut, cause of their
systems.
Cant keep buying all the new up and coming games etc....
Not really wanting or having the time to learn a new game.
I personally want to get even better at ut and my talents at
the game.
I still enjoy it very much, they unanticipated things that happen are awesome.

Some of us CTC aren't in vctf(public CTC) cause we're playing other game types in DD server unfortuantely for some its pw'd.
I miss playing with you Kronx, hope to see ya around in the public before it goes :cry:
We should have a going out night?

I love playing dm and freeze tag. We've been playing that nightly.
What makes me kind of sad, and not sure of, is
yes, there still is quite a few people playing in the public that never did anything.

I will miss seeing them very much.
Its not up to me really whose allowed in the new private server.
How am I going to tell Nub,(guy that plays in public) or someone else.
Sorry buddy, you did nothing wrong but, thanks for the good times sorry about your luck.
Thank the losers, and lack of interest.... I dont know....

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

Hey Tig, your more then welcome to invite nub to Slice-of-Life.
Last edited by Beltamaxx on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

WeedVulture wrote:ggs

Oh hell nah...you can't leave until I do.

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

ru_exp wrote:
WeedVulture wrote:ggs

Oh hell nah...you can't leave until I do.
I'm here till ya'll tell me to gtfo also - WV hang around bro!

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

ONYX wrote:I'm on Steam and am playing Modern Warfare. But it doesn't have the CTC VCTF community and fun.
If you're on steam, you must be using a different name. My invite to you say it's 274 days old. Kick down your steam name and let's get some Black Ops on!
"The abyss gazes also into you"

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Post by SMR »

I had a lot of good times on CTC. When the assholes laid waste to other servers, CTC was the best place to play. I miss the CTC beginning days, but it was still fun to pop in once and a while. Congrats on the good run.

Im hopeful Ill get the password to the new server. :) One of these days Ill get another mouse so i can actually play. Im out of commission at the moment.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Again, let me reiterate:

If you are welcome at Helens' server, you will be welcome on our private server.

Personally, I only have issues with a handful of people.

There may be a little internal approval process but, honestly, I don't foresee too many people getting denied.

Now, if you had a buddy hack the vent and make it unusable or cause the server to crash, don't even fucking ask.

ONYX on the forums? Wow, now I'm really starting to believe in this whole 2012 thing. Lol.

All hail the Beef!

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

To add on to what Sal said I personally can't think of anyone I had issues with on the servers - but it did piss me off with the crashing and messing around incident(s)...I prefer to stay away from drama but I won't be quiet when friends stop playing because of douchebags. /end commercial

I haven't been playing UT much due to real life and other stuff...these are a couple screens from last night after I got home form work we hopped in for a few rounds on the sister server (passworded): (actually the very first one is from a different day - noticed it so threw it in, the subsequent pictures are from last night. Can a server maintain life if passworded?

Papa had just joined is why his score isn't +++ in this one :D

I post this because the message makes me chuckle :P

There have been several CTC friends and others on the server I just haven't bothered to SS anything...I believe both servers will be able to maintain a decent crowd once folks get past the whole password initial setup. If I can help out in any way - hollar.

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

I would have played more but I'm more into trials, instagib, etc. But there were times on the public servers that the matches were awesome.

Helen
Shock jockey

Post by Helen »

WarDad71 wrote:To add on to what Sal said I personally can't think of anyone I had issues with on the servers - but it did piss me off with the crashing and messing around incident(s)...I prefer to stay away from drama but I won't be quiet when friends stop playing because of douchebags. /end commercial

I haven't been playing UT much due to real life and other stuff...these are a couple screens from last night after I got home form work we hopped in for a few rounds on the sister server (passworded): (actually the very first one is from a different day - noticed it so threw it in, the subsequent pictures are from last night. Can a server maintain life if passworded?
Well server passworded has kept server clean and no team bs goes on, but its true it will be VERY Hard to get new people if we dont have public server to find new or accept people to private when really comes to vctf-, honestly dont really see any good vctf servers without stupid weapon mods on it......

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

Pass wording server has been FAILURE proof since he entered the first time. I also have a back up security plan installed, if they crack default security I can activate it in less then a minute. Back up security was coded just for these (a-holes) situations and is FAILURE proof.

As far as passing out the PW, I have a couple of options that have worked great. But I also have a back up web page with great security, just in case. :mrgreen:

Told you I've thought of everything Jim.

Tiggrrrr
Holy sh*t!

Post by Tiggrrrr »

Is that Papa I see? Camping on me shaven? OH MY!~ :o

Ya well, problem is its not only Nub. Also a few others,
racking my brain thinking of names.
Someone on defence last night,
fick wat was his name! LOL~ Uh ya,

Anyways. It was full last night in CTC.
Had lots of fun in public, then when to DD.
Had uber fun there too.
I could make a list of names when publics full next
send them mail.
Id be willing, sort of lol!~
~Aly~ aka <{CTC}>Tiggrrrr^^^^

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

It's definitely sad to see the VCTF pub go as we all had so much fun on there. For a long time it was the best (and really the only) place to play. I guess now with it being hijacked by miscreants there's little point to pay money to keep it around. While it soon may be gone physically its spirit will live on in the friendships it helped foster. These friendships will live on and permeate far beyond UT, and there's no hack any little punk can use to change that.

There were fun times for sure on the CTC VCTF server and there's much more fun to be had on DD} Slice of Life, the forthcoming CTC private, or wherever it may be. See ya guys there.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

badasp wrote:It's definitely sad to see the VCTF pub go as we all had so much fun on there. For a long time it was the best (and really the only) place to play. I guess now with it being hijacked by miscreants there's little point to pay money to keep it around. While it soon may be gone physically its spirit will live on in the friendships it helped foster. These friendships will live on and permeate far beyond UT, and there's no hack any little punk can use to change that.

There were fun times for sure on the CTC VCTF server and there's much more fun to be had on DD} Slice of Life, the forthcoming CTC private, or wherever it may be. See ya guys there.
Badasp posts.
Sarcasm meter at 0.
WTF? :lol:
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1