Vid card

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

sMaSh
Killing Spree

Vid card

Post by sMaSh »

Hey yall this is the new old card i bought for my comp what do you think? http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... CatId=1826
i was using my onbord 512 mb radeon 3000 shared, figured this card would be better as it is a pci express 16x :D

sMaSh
Killing Spree

Re: Vid card

Post by sMaSh »

ok this is my pc Lenovo Ideacentre H405 77231AU Desktop i cant figure out if it has 512 mb on board shared memory or 1.2 g because on canirunit.com it says i have 1.2 ghz video memory?

sMaSh
Killing Spree

Post by sMaSh »

you can see the specs on canirunit.com http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CY ... 36638edc85

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Hello Smash. I wish you would've asked if any of us here have something better than the x1600. If you can return it, do so. There are a couple of us that have 4870's and a 4890 which is miles better than the x1600. Other than that, we need more info from your machine to better assist you. Have you ever opened it up? That is probably the best thing to do so that you can verify how much ram you have, etc.

All hail the Beef!

sMaSh
Killing Spree

Post by sMaSh »

Thx sal here are the specs http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Ideacentre ... B004G606S0
also i can return it but you wont believe what i paid for it lol 20 $

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Hmmm 2.8Gb of ram sounds weird. It's sold in 1gb, 2gb, 4gb etc. There are no 1.5GB sticks out there. Makes me think that you have a stick of 2gb and a stick of 1gb. Together, they will not provide you with dual channel as the sticks are mismatched. Again, I think that you need to look inside your machine and check the actual numbers on your ram. Given, the x1600 is better than your onboard, but not by much.

All hail the Beef!

sMaSh
Killing Spree

Post by sMaSh »

sweet thx so the ram in my comp has everything to do with my onbord video? Ok cool thx for the info payed 20$ for the card I think it will be fine. All i play it ut2004 so.... what games have you guys moved onto? I am in school and dont have much time to look at the new games. thx

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Ok, I looked at the specs. You could use a couple things. First off, the x1600 is not as powerful as your onboard. Sorry.

A 4870 will run you about 50/60 bucks but will give you 1gb on onboard video ram, and allow you to play most games at 1680x1050 on med settings. Obviously anything like BF3 will need to be totally dialed down to play (and I'm still not sure if your dual core will hold up) if possible. These better vid cards require a bit more power from the PSU so that is a concern as well.

All hail the Beef!

sMaSh
Killing Spree

Post by sMaSh »

God damn it
That sux lol i figured anything that was not on bord was better than onbord ha.

sMaSh
Killing Spree

Post by sMaSh »

thx sal. one more question so my onbord video is 1 gb? thx

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

If all you play is Ut2k4, then you should be all right if you dial down some setting in order to get decent and playable frames. Yes, in your case, your ram is tied to your vidram as well so some of your precious system ram will be taken for vid purposes. That might be the only plus as the new card will have it's own ram. Seriously though, I still think your onboard might be better.

We are pretty much playing MW3 right now. I'm playing Batman (wow, gorgeous game), BF3, and terraria currently. Your system will handle terraria easily...if you like nerd crack.

Seriously man, we all have extra cards that are way better that what u have. I'll let you make payments, he he.

All hail the Beef!

sMaSh
Killing Spree

Post by sMaSh »

I am paying for school right now and was offered this card for $20 so thats the best i can do right now but thx sal.

sMaSh
Killing Spree

Post by sMaSh »

batman, look at my video requirements http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CY ... 61906fc590
it says it need 512mb and i have 1.2 gb lol something is gay here.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

No sweat man, good luck!

All hail the Beef!

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

The 1.2GB shared means it's using your main memory (RAM) as an extension of video memory. It's analogous to using a horse as an extension to your car.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1