admin forcing map change after a map he doesnt like is voted

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

$lacker
Killing Spree

admin forcing map change after a map he doesnt like is voted

Post by $lacker »

Don't know who did it but I thought it was a pretty shitty move when you restarted the server when Torlan got voted after St.Denise ended last night. That would never happen on any respectable server and it significantly lowered my respect for ctc as a clan.

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Re: admin forcing map change after a map he doesnt like is v

Post by hirschigrad06 »

$lacker wrote:Don't know who did it but I thought it was a pretty shitty move when you restarted the server when Torlan got voted after St.Denise ended last night. That would never happen on any respectable server and it significantly lowered my respect for ctc as a clan.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

I looked at the logs and it looks like the server restarted due to an internal error, not because an admin did anything.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

$lacker
Killing Spree

Post by $lacker »

hirschigrad06 wrote:
$lacker wrote:Don't know who did it but I thought it was a pretty shitty move when you restarted the server when Torlan got voted after St.Denise ended last night. That would never happen on any respectable server and it significantly lowered my respect for ctc as a clan.
God bless the internet meme, making droolers think they are clever since 1995. Maybe someone of relevance can respond now.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

I would still like a shot at being admin guys. I was admin on the other server...but simply forgot that I was and missed pissing people like $lacker off.

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

You should be happy there are still servers available for this game.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

$lacker wrote:Maybe someone of relevance can respond now.
I'm not relevant??? And you've lost significant respect for CTC??? OH NO! Le sigh...
"The abyss gazes also into you"

$lacker
Killing Spree

Post by $lacker »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:I looked at the logs and it looks like the server restarted due to an internal error, not because an admin did anything.
If that is true it was a very convenient error for multiple ctc members in the server who were campaigning against torlan.

$lacker
Killing Spree

Post by $lacker »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:
$lacker wrote:Maybe someone of relevance can respond now.
I'm not relevant??? And you've lost significant respect for CTC??? OH NO! Le sigh...
actually if you look you will see that i made that post almost immediately after you posted in the thread, so I was only looking at that single reply at that point.

hirschigrad06 wrote:You should be happy there are still servers available for this game.
I am, but it goes both ways. a server needs people to play in it, and alienating/antagonizing the regulars is counterproductive.

MikeFiend
Cock-docker

Post by MikeFiend »

Yeah, I don't know why the server does that sometimes. It just happened to me 10 minutes ago while playing Egyptian War. Usually the default map is 1ADeathTrap, which was the case moments ago. I was actually shocked that anyone was voting for Torlan that night. I love Torlan! Sure, its pretty big, but its got all of the vehicles which is the essence of vctf.

$lacker
Killing Spree

Post by $lacker »

MikeFiend wrote:Yeah, I don't know why the server does that sometimes. It just happened to me 10 minutes ago while playing Egyptian War. Usually the default map is 1ADeathTrap, which was the case moments ago. I was actually shocked that anyone was voting for Torlan that night. I love Torlan! Sure, its pretty big, but its got all of the vehicles which is the essence of vctf.
it seems like if someone starts voting for the "old school" maps people will realize, "oh hey i remember that map, its cool." But a lot of the old school maps dont fit the "I want a box with some weapon lockers that give you every gun and all the vehicles spawn in a nice line and lets all shoot each other with the shock rifle for 15 minutes with flags." mentality of a lot of the newer school players, so they campaign heavily against them.

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

I campaign against all maps that do not contain the prefix CB. Equal opportunity hater :D
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

hirschigrad06 wrote:
I like the man you're becoming hirsch.

Slacker maybe take a step back and think about how effective your communication is going to be here. Every post from you in this thread contains a backhanded insult, usually against the clan that runs this forum and the server. Turning what ended up being a technical error into a conspiracy about corrupt admins taking your freedom of choice away is a big assumption to make.

Admins forcing out of maps with any regularity has never been a problem to my knowledge. Even if someone did change the map, which Jim said they didn't, it's not such a big deal that a flame thread should be started.

I think we all get now that you're old school, you used to be good when 'it mattered', etc :roll: By 'get' I don't mean care. I don't think anyone cares about any of that.

Suggest relaxing and enjoying the game while it's still around.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

$lacker
Killing Spree

Post by $lacker »

I'm going to respond in kind when someone goes out of their way to try to troll me ghosted.

Nowhere did i mention a conspiracy, or did i suggest that it happens on a consistent basis. I only wanted to let the person who did it know that it was a dick move. Since it apparently was a convenient server error I'll drop it.

I enjoy talking about the "old days" because they were fun. If you're not interested then don't read my posts, its pretty simple. Your point is even less valid in this thread than it would be elsewhere since I only referred to a map as "old school."

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

Next time Torlan comes up I'm forcing shoebox :lol:
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1