New map - VCTF-CTC-Senjou

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New map - VCTF-CTC-Senjou

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Beltamaxx wrote:1. Not a fan of the modded scorps.

2. Tank spawns to quick, needs a longer respawn time.
Yeah, I'm not liking the SPMA scorp that much. Kudos to SMR for making it, but especially after playing JeffsMap, I really don't like modded scorps at all. Do you like the vehicle skins? I think the darker colors give a fresh look.
I agree as well with the tank and SPMA spawn time.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

Jim
Do you like the vehicle skins? I think the darker colors give a fresh look.

They look cool, but, hard to see in a dark map.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

I think the map will be better with the changes suggested. I think the veh skins should def stay.

All hail the Beef!

«ßîc»EJ`
Dominating

Post by «ßîc»EJ` »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:
I think the darker colors give a fresh look.
i like the darker look, looks pretty cool for a change.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

My 2 cents...

I really liked the map. The round we played felt pretty fast, regardless of the size. I liked the modded scorps for defense, but I think I'm outnumbered here :|
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

There are a few glitches when flying around the flag on the manta... flying in to the flag, it seems to skip frames or some shit... It caused me to miss the flag a few times... I thought it was just me, then I was on Flux's and Weed's wing and they missed the flag too... This glitch seem to happen when taking the best route... from back to gate face home. After that, I started using different routes and had no problems...

Other than that and the modded scorps (they just dont belong in this map), I really like this map...
Great map for all; bender snipers, defenders, manta drivers, avrilers, etc...

«ßîc»EJ`
Dominating

Post by «ßîc»EJ` »

the map, has problems with frames...

Whoever
Rocket spammer

Post by Whoever »

McShagger wrote:There are a few glitches when flying around the flag on the manta... flying in to the flag, it seems to skip frames or some shit... It caused me to miss the flag a few times... I thought it was just me, then I was on Flux's and Weed's wing and they missed the flag too... This glitch seem to happen when taking the best route... from back to gate face home. After that, I started using different routes and had no problems...
That's usually an antiportal sticking out of the terrain slightly. I'll offer to help optimize the map if you like.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

The only issues I see with the map have already been said:
1- Optimization
2- Modded Scorpians

That said... this is a freakin awesome map. The first time I saw this on the private server, I was like... Oh shit! I like this :D

HungryHippo
Dominating

Post by HungryHippo »

kool map, i love playing with the ground pounder! :D
{DAM}HungryHippo *Remember the Good Times*

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Post by SMR »

I dont have time right now to brighten up teh scrops, else I would. personally though, I like them dark.

As for the ground pounder, i like it. I think it helps break up the other teams defense(benders and tank) Although, I can see why people dislike it, and im not going to bitch and moan if it isnt there. Probably best to stick with stock vehicles anyway. Atleast with those, any sort of imbalance is accepted as part of the game and players have a handle on them.
I'm just glad the skins are being used. I have about 10 unfinished maps, but Im not 100% happy with any of them.......so i never had a chance to release the skins.

Thanks for the credits jim

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

SMR, out of all the newer maps that have come out, I would like to vote this map as the best new map of 2008... Great Job!

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Post by SMR »

McShagger wrote:SMR, out of all the newer maps that have come out, I would like to vote this map as the best new map of 2008... Great Job!
Its not my map. He was just doing me a favor by using the skins I made. I saw the beta screenshots and was glad to see someone take their time with something. I wanted to offer up the vehicles to something this polished, since it would compliment the level...instead of coming off as a gimmick.(Like it would in a crappy shoe box map) Sucks to work in the editor for so long and never release anything. Im just glad to see them used.

I agree with you though. Its the best map to come out in a long time.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

WOW Thanks all for the kind words. I'm working on beta 2 right now so hopefully I'll have something more very soon. I just posted another question in this forum that maybe someone could help me out with:

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=726

Thanks again, and yeah, I'm taking out the ground pounder. Sorry, SMR!
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Lazy.Pirate
Shock jockey

Post by Lazy.Pirate »

there's some ledge, i think its meant for a raptor to get to, i think it has an ion painter on it... you should do something to change this to keep a hellbender from getting up there. or ctc just needs a rule to quit abusing the vehicle stunts exploit
VCTF Public Service Announcement
Please keep in mind you are NOT allowed to make good OR bad comments on maps without having made one yourself. Thank you.
This has been a VCTF Public Service Announcement.