VCTF-JeffsMap-Beta2

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Re: VCTF-JeffsMap-Beta2

Post by WarDad71 »

Just played this offline and - gotta say the improvements are great. This is a very solid map. So many avenues to take on foot or manta...looking forward to playing this version on the server. The super adren I think will add to the game pace for those who like to attempt foot runs. Having the raptors blocked now will allow someone to try to chase the flags down when needed etc.

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

Jeff
this map isn't near as good as the binary or arcade maps!
Blows away Arcade and with a few adjustments it may surpass Binary because it has more attack and escape routes.

Lazy.Pirate
Shock jockey

Post by Lazy.Pirate »

looks interesting. not too crazy about the bsp maps, it'd be nice to see jeff do an adaptation of it with static meshes.
VCTF Public Service Announcement
Please keep in mind you are NOT allowed to make good OR bad comments on maps without having made one yourself. Thank you.
This has been a VCTF Public Service Announcement.

Dubya
Holy sh*t!

Post by Dubya »

I just saw the almighty Jeff on the server...apparently his from Europe or somethin so our server is a little too far away for him to hang on :x
No...

Jeffrey
Rocket spammer

Post by Jeffrey »

Thanks guys for the kudos. :D They make me happy xD

I fixed the hole in the ground.
And changed the exit holes from the middle lifts a bit to do a liftjump to get on the vents near them. It's kinda hard to but it pays off and you can get the 25 adren pickup their.

Lazy.Pirate wrote:looks interesting. not too crazy about the bsp maps, it'd be nice to see jeff do an adaptation of it with static meshes.
I chose to not use static meshes, so it will be BSP based. :)
Never did that before so was a new try.
Dubya wrote:I just saw the almighty Jeff on the server...apparently his from Europe or somethin so our server is a little too far away for him to hang on :x
got fire lags a bit. (120 ping) :( But it's playable :D

But I'm not to crazy about normal vctf after playing RPG all my life. But I will join once in a while to look around a bit and play a bit. :D

Oh BTW here is the new beta4: removed
Last edited by Jeffrey on Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dubya
Holy sh*t!

Post by Dubya »

Some people were complaining that they were spawning in front of the enemy base and that it was too easy to take the flag....i dont know if its supposed to be like that or what.
No...

Jeffrey
Rocket spammer

Post by Jeffrey »

Oh crap I forgot to change the playerstarts to red. (changed the ones under the flag a bit closer to the weaponlocker)

Here is the new fix - Beta5: http://files.filefront.com/VCTF+JeffsMa ... einfo.html

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

Thanks Jeff, we appreciate any support received.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

This latest version is on the servers now. Thanks, Jeff!
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Lazy.Pirate
Shock jockey

Post by Lazy.Pirate »

finally got to play the map today... seems to move a bit slow. might have to wait for a better game on it. the look is a bit dizzying, nothing but red/blue checkered pattern everywhere, very bland.
VCTF Public Service Announcement
Please keep in mind you are NOT allowed to make good OR bad comments on maps without having made one yourself. Thank you.
This has been a VCTF Public Service Announcement.

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

Lazy.Pirate wrote:might have to wait for a better game on it.
Sorry I wasn't offering more of a challenge last night :( my screen was jagging all over the place on every map - I was shooting through players a lot also...I don't know why I don't just give up until I get a better machine. There have been some good matches with better players on it this map though...maybe next time :D