vCTF-METROk1LL *BETA*

Latest news and general discussion.

Moderator: Admins

NinjaX53

vCTF-METROk1LL *BETA*

Post by NinjaX53 »

A CITY IN RUINS, 2 ENEMIES VYING FOR TERRITORY. THIS IS METROk1LL!

Map with many different variations of flag capping, manta, foot, and other vehicle runs.

Author: NinjaX
Credits: 4x for extensive help throughout the map.

This is one of only a few maps I have done from scratch. Please direct all comments and bugs either here or at vCTF Heroes forums. Thanks, and ENJOY!

DOWNLOAD: http://vctfheroes.com/vCTF-METROk1LL-b1.rar

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Re: vCTF-METROk1LL *BETA*

Post by Mr Bean »

Nice work Ninja :D I didn't know you were into mapping. Looks like you put a lot of time into this project. It's very creative. Something for everyone to like... Manta Lovers, Footies, Wheeled vehicles, Snipers/ADVIRALS, etc;. Lots of elements really bring it to life as well. Such as terrain, skybox, textures, static meshes, ambient noise... lots of little things that make a difference. Seems a little on the big size, nonetheless probably fun on a full server. Thanks for sharing Ninja, and keep up the good work. :D

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Post by SMR »

suspense textures?

Ill give it a try in a bit.

«ßîc»EJ`
Dominating

Post by «ßîc»EJ` »

cant wait... should be good fun with a full server!

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

Played the map tonight but spent most of the time wondering around trying to find the flag
:lol: I had an idea maybe we can get a BIG NEON Arrow that points at the flag
or maybe a street light by the flag.

It's a great map but I think there's so many different ways to go it will take a
few play times on it to get it down.

Nice map keep up the good work.
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Yeah Gambit... I heard a lot of people couldn't find the flag for about the first have of the game. I got in a rapter and saw that they're actually right next to each other vs. opposite corners. There are arrows pointing to the base and flags hanging, but even when you get to the base... the flag isn't noticeable. More visual cues would be good I think. Something that leaves no doubt as to where the flag is. Maybe put it on a pedestal like Spacefort, using team colored lights, you can also have things around that involuntarily lead your eye to the flag. Artists have a way of leading your eye to the subject at hand. It's usually done with color and geometry. The map as a whole demonstrates you are highly creative so I'm sure you'll come up with something. And again, kudos :D