I can play?

General discussion about UT3

Moderator: Admins

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

I can play?

Post by hirschigrad06 »

Wow, I realized I can play UT3 even with a lousy video card. The game is fun.

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Re: I can play?

Post by badasp »

Make sure you also turn down the anti-aliasing and anisotropic filitering in your video card's control panel as this will defiintely yield bettter performance. I had both on 16x for a while and noticed some big frame rate drops in large crowds. I recently turned both down to 4x and the issue has been greatly mitigated. Also disable "Bloom and Depth of Field" in the advanced video settings as this will yield you some higher frames and make the game look a lot sharper as well. It's great you can play the game and hope to see you on soon. :D

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

sweet :D

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

I'm thinking we'll post a howto guide for performance enhancement soon. I can get UT3 to run at the same frame rate as 2K4 on my machine. Antialiasing/Anisotrophic filtering are really huge though. I have an older card and just turning AA from 4x to 2x yielded about 10 frames/sec for me.

If the game runs on my laptop with a shitty NVidia GeForce Go 8400M, it'll run on any computer built within the past 4 years. It might just end up looking alot like 2k4 :)
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1