Setting a time this weekend to go onto the Ut3

General discussion about UT3

Moderator: Admins

Fear
Shock jockey

Setting a time this weekend to go onto the Ut3

Post by Fear »

Anyone want to get a crew together to do some ut3 playing this weekend?

I have the weekend off if anyone would like to use this thread to solidify a date,time and server. to meet up.

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Re: Setting a time this weekend to go onto the Ut3

Post by hirschigrad06 »

Fear wrote:Anyone want to get a crew together to do some ut3 playing this weekend?

I have the weekend off if anyone would like to use this thread to solidify a date,time and server. to meet up.
sounds like fun. i can play on weekend afternoons so im in

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

I'll be on saturday night probably.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

v0idNull
Holy sh*t!

Post by v0idNull »

Let this game die already. There's a new game called UT 2004. You don't have to mod your game to look like it anymore.
loving this clan run by morans!

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

v0idNull wrote:Let this game die already. There's a new game called UT 2004. You don't have to mod your game to look like it anymore.
void, why do you have to come here to troll the UT3 part of the forum?

v0idNull
Holy sh*t!

Post by v0idNull »

hirschigrad06 wrote:
v0idNull wrote:Let this game die already. There's a new game called UT 2004. You don't have to mod your game to look like it anymore.
void, I love your guts
I concur
loving this clan run by morans!

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

v0idNull wrote:
hirschigrad06 wrote:
void, I love your guts
I concur
I got about 5 minutes of play during an hour or more last night.. It was thrilling..
You just got knocked the smurf out!

vapor
Holy sh*t!

Post by vapor »

hirschigrad06 wrote:
What the hellz void u come in here and dis all ghosteds hard work...hes doing noble work turning one game into another that we already hav...keep up the useful work ghosted!

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

hes doing noble work turning one game into another that we already have
Except it runs on a 2 year old engine instead of a 6+ year old one. There's tons of new fun maps instead of the 20 or so rotation we normally play and it's something new.

If the game wasn't fun for me, I just wouldn't play it. Papa trolling every UT3 thread saying '* sucks' is telling. Why do you care that much and why do you think people want to keep hearing your one note opinion? If you don't like it, don't play it.

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

Ghosted wrote:
hes doing noble work turning one game into another that we already have
Except it runs on a 2 year old engine instead of a 6+ year old one. There's tons of new fun maps instead of the 20 or so rotation we normally play and it's something new.

If the game wasn't fun for me, I just wouldn't play it. Papa trolling every UT3 thread saying '* sucks' is telling. Why do you care that much and why do you think people want to keep hearing your one note opinion? If you don't like it, don't play it.

Lol.. You have done nice work, but the game is still not what will drag me away from UT2004.. Maybe you constantly hear my opinion because UT3 is constantly being brought up like it is somehow now such an awesome game. Sure, it is fun. Sure, it is new(er). Sure, you have done some nice modifications. But in the end, it just isn't UT2004..

I will come play on your server once and a while. I am sure we will all have some fun. But I will always want to go back to UT2004..

Stop bringing up how awesome UT3 is in game and on every thread if you don't want to hear other peoples' opinion about it. Some people don't like Tam, some people don't like CarBall, but I don't sit and talk about Carball on the public server trying to convince everyone how awesome it is. If they don't like it, they don't play. I don't feel the need to convince people to play something they don't like.

Although I agree that some hate UT3 just because it was the popular thing to do, there are people like me who actually paid full price for it the day it came out and played it for a couple of weeks. My disdain for UT3 is very well earned and I reserve the right to say the game sucks.

------

Back on track.. set a time to play this weekend.

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

p.s. Don't be angry at me.. I love you man.. Now go take your console game and shove... I mean.. I kill you later. You and me.. frontline..

Hey, maybe we can get Frontline converted to UT3.. I'll get my PS3 controller and kick ur ass.. :D

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

vapor wrote:
hirschigrad06 wrote:
What the hellz void u come in here and dis all ghosteds hard work...hes doing noble work turning one game into another that we already hav...keep up the useful work ghosted!

I agree that Ghosted has done a good job. Especially with that beautiful TAM mod. By the way, void probably sucks at ut3. Thats why he makes fun of it.

Linkon
Killing Spree

Post by Linkon »

I can honestly say Void is probably better at UT3 than I am.

I can't do the game, Ill try and make it over the weekend to play with you guys but don't expect much from me.

the hitscan is totally fucked eh and Ill have to check out the server Ghosted.

Cheers

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

hitscan is totally fucked
I've been thinking about that for a while, cause it definitely felt 'fucked' when I first played it. I think it may have less to do with the actual weapons and more to do with:

1) Level size. Levels aren't huge anymore and close up confrontations are much more common in the stock levels. Hitscan is usually for mid to long range.
2) I noticed an improvement in my hitscan when I turned off bloom. The game is much sharper and I got about 10fps back, which helps.

The shock rifle fires a bit slower, but I'm going to change it to fire at the same rate as 2k4. I also browsed through the code a bit to see if there was any delay to the firing, but there isn't.

The sniper rifle is pretty good though. I think it fires faster than the LG.

Anyhow, the main issue I think was with the stock levels. I have about 60 DM levels I put up recently. There are a number of really great, large levels. There's also a number of conversions (Rankin, Under, Campgrounds, etc).

That said, the other weapons are generally more viable now. I find myself switching more often, but I have super fast weapon switch on ;)

You can get the DM maps here:

http://www.ctclan.us/utfiles/ut3/packs/

[dmmaps1-2]

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

I don't think of UT3 as a UT2k4 VCTF replacement, but an alternative. Sometimes I get burned out on VCTF and go to the private for some freeze tag or TAM. The new CTC UT3 server is a lot of fun, but sometimes I get that UT2k4 VCTF bug. Nothing wrong with variety. The great thing about all these different servers is I'm never leaving the community of friends here.

Some look at the UT3 hit scan weapons as under powered. I look at them as balanced. It takes some getting used to, but I actually like the UT3 weapons better.

The UT3 settings as they are need tweaking. As stated before, turning off the 'Bloom' gives it a crisp, clean, and brighter feel. Much easier to see and more pleasing to the eyes. Motion blur can be turned off, but I like it better on. It's a cool effect new to the UT3 engine. I believe Ghosted & badasp are coming up with a guide to help others get a good set up. I hope to see it soon.

I just downloaded the UT3 VCTF maps and will later download the DM maps. This should fix the HUGE download wait. The filing system is different so read Ghosted's post as to where to find it.

I spend most of my time on the UT2k4 VCTF server, but as of late have been on the UT3 server more and more. Both are fun.

*edit: This is Ghosted's post on file location...
Ghosted wrote:I've started an upload of all the DM maps on my server to here:

http://www.ctclan.us/utfiles/ut3/packs/

Should be done in a few hours. I had alot of fun for the short time I played. Probably should have picked a smaller VCTF map though...

Place the maps here:

(My) Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Maps
Last edited by Mr Bean on Fri May 15, 2009 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.