ONS 2.0: UT2004 Style Vehicles & Weapons (Shield Gun & LG!)

General discussion about UT3

Moderator: Admins

badasp
Holy sh*t!

ONS 2.0: UT2004 Style Vehicles & Weapons (Shield Gun & LG!)

Post by badasp »

Here is an interesting mod I found that brings back a lot of great things from 2K4:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=645836

I have downloaded this mod and I say it improves the vehicles immensely. They handle much better now and definitely feel like their UT2004 counterparts. The scorpion is no longer overpowered; its projectile is similar to the bola in 2K4. You can also steer while boosting, which is great as well. The bender also handles better, too, and you can actually charge up the twin beams like the 2K4 version. Manta riding is now possible (looks like the mod creators beat Ghosted to the punch) and the raptor is a lot more nimble as well. All vehicles also benefit from a zoom feature, so you can zoom way out or in as much as you like. Simply put, this mod makes the vehicles fun to use again.

The mod also improves the weapons as well. Included is a lightning gun, which has its own model (not a 2K4 copy and paste job). Also included is a shield gun. It looks really good…
…and definitely helps in cushioning a fall. Unfortunately it does not shield you from oncoming fire, but this is something the coders of the mod are working on for the final release. A mine launcher and grenade launcher are also included. Granted, they may not be the most popular or widely used weapons, but they certainly have their place for some people in some situations. The link gun has been tweaked so you can link teammates, which is not only good for linking nodes but also doing those pesky link chains. Last but not least, the primary fire rate of the shock rifle has been increased to make it feel more like its previous counterpart. The weapon changes are great and definitely provide that beloved 2K4 feel.

It is important to note that this mod actually creates a new game type, what they call Onslaught 2.0. The changes, however, are not exclusive to this game type and can be used for others if you just take some of the parameters from the config files and apply it to other game types (e.g., VCTF). The mod only takes a minute to install and only consists of a couple config files, so it is nothing major in scale. The mod itself may be small in size indeed but it certainly goes a long way to improving the gameplay. Good things come in small packages and ONS 2.0 truly is a case in point.

The mod can be downloaded here:

http://ut3gow.com/Downloads/PCMutators/ONS2.zip

Additional information:

http://ut2004.titaninternet.co.uk/forum ... hp?t=17372
http://ut3gow.com/Onslaught2.0project
Last edited by badasp on Wed May 13, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

v0idNull
Holy sh*t!

Re: ONS 2.0: UT2004 Style Vehicles & Weapons (Shield Gun & LG!)

Post by v0idNull »

... you know i dont speak Spanish.
loving this clan run by morans!

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

v0idNull wrote:... you know i dont speak Spanish.
……………………………………..________
………………………………,.-‘”……………….“~.,
………………………..,.-”……………………………..“-.,
…………………….,/………………………………………..”:,
…………………,?………………………………………………\,
………………./…………………………………………………..,}
……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}
……………/……………………………………………,:”………/
…………..?…..__…………………………………..:`………../
…………./__.(…..“~-,_…………………………,:`………./
………../(_….”~,_……..“~,_………………..,:`…….._/
……….{.._$;_……”=,_…….“-,_…….,.-~-,},.~”;/….}
………..((…..*~_…….”=-._……“;,,./`…./”…………../
…,,,___.\`~,……“~.,………………..`…..}…………../
…………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-”
…………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\
………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,__
,,_……….}.>-._\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,
…..`=~-,_\_……`\,……………………………\
……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\
…………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__
……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“
…………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\
……………………………..,<`.._|_,-&“…………….`\

Linkon
Killing Spree

Post by Linkon »

played it already, it helps out ut3 but not alot.

besides all the ons2.0 servers i looked up were empty so its hard to say how it will play out

tape`
Dominating

Post by tape` »

berserk jumps? ?
only time will tell

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

I installed the mod today. I haven't used the lightening gun yet, but I found the shield gun to be effective. Seems like the shield dies out to quickly though. It's a fun new game type, but is probably good on a full server. If Ghosted hasn't done so already, the weapon mods should go on the UT3 server. Very nice find badasp :D