Server

General discussion about UT3

Moderator: Admins

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Server

Post by hirschigrad06 »

I've been trying to get a server going so we all of us can have a private server to play on. However, I can't the stupid command start up line working so its getting on my nerves. :x

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Server

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

We already have one... Don't waste your time and money.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:We already have one... Don't waste your time and money.
I'll probably stick with a vent server or something. Who knows.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Glad you are looking to contribute man...don't get discouraged!!!

Let us know what comes of it.

:wink:

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

You are always welcome on the CTC private server. If there are PUGS or Mixers, sign up for them. If there is a gametype you want that isn't there, PM one of us.

If you want to start a server just to see how it all fits together.. have a great time. It is certainly fun and entertaining to do so.

Good luck!
You just got knocked the smurf out!

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

With my previous post I don't mean to completely discourage you. It's just that we already have a UT3 server that gets little action (but not for lack of commitment by Ghosted for setting it up). Adding another server will just potentially fragment the small base of people who do play UT3 in our little community here. Plus, it takes a hell of a lot more time than a UT2k4 server to set it all up. They took a step back in that respect.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:With my previous post I don't mean to completely discourage you. It's just that we already have a UT3 server that gets little action (but not for lack of commitment by Ghosted for setting it up). Adding another server will just potentially fragment the small base of people who do play UT3 in our little community here. Plus, it takes a hell of a lot more time than a UT2k4 server to set it all up. They took a step back in that respect.
Ah its cool. Setting up the server was way too frustrating. Thats why I'm sticking with my vent server. By the way, Ghosted has done a very good job at setting up his server.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

hirschigrad06 wrote:
CTC-JimRimya wrote:With my previous post I don't mean to completely discourage you. It's just that we already have a UT3 server that gets little action (but not for lack of commitment by Ghosted for setting it up). Adding another server will just potentially fragment the small base of people who do play UT3 in our little community here. Plus, it takes a hell of a lot more time than a UT2k4 server to set it all up. They took a step back in that respect.
Ah its cool. Setting up the server was way too frustrating. Thats why I'm sticking with my vent server. By the way, Ghosted has done a very good job at setting up his server.
JimRimya is a sweetheart<<< :wink: >>>>

Anf that Ghosted is damn nears brilliantically a genius. :D

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

ru_exp wrote:
hirschigrad06 wrote:
JimRimya is a sweetheart<<< :wink: >>>>

Anf that Ghosted is damn nears brilliantically a genius. :D
Ghosted just recently added bombing run.