Stability

General discussion about UT3

Moderator: Admins

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Stability

Post by Ghosted »

Thanks to those who came on and played last night. It was a blast and I think people were generally good sports with the crashes/stability issues we were seeing. That said, I'm going to work on fixing those ASAP.

In the mean time I'd recommend clearing your cache if you haven't. Just empty out this folder:

"(My) Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Cache"

I'm thinking I may be causing versioning issues by putting new versions of scripts with the same names up. It's just a guess, but I think that's why clearing your cache fixes things. Any further script updates will have versions in the name to avoid conflicts.

I also defaulted the server to TAM on restart. I only use one mutator on TAM vs. like 10 on VCTF. I'm hoping this will help stability as well, since less mutators running means less potential conflicts. I changed maps about a dosen times after these changes and didn't see any of the issues we saw while playing.

Sin, I know you were having a hard time getting on. I'd recommend deleting your cache and if you're still having issues, stay on vent and I'll help.

Anyhow, hopefully I'll get this all ironed out anyways and the server will be more stable. It is kindof a pain hosting all those gametypes because they do conflict :(
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Re: Stability

Post by lil Sin »

my pc keept freezing up when i was on i dunno why?

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

My problem was a window saying UT3 stopped working. But clering the cache did help.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

No problem bro. GG's :D