Custom Crosshairs

General discussion about UT3

Moderator: Admins

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Custom Crosshairs

Post by badasp »

The following configuration will give you a small green dot.

HOW TO CHANGE:
Go to ...\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTWeapon.ini

1. Set an overall crosshair for all your weapons:

Code:
[UTGame.UTWeapon]
bUseCustomCoordinates=True
CrosshairColor=(R=0,G=255,B=0,A=255)
CustomCrosshairCoordinates=(U=476,V=29,UL=5,VL=5)

2. Set crosshair for each individual weapon (example here is for shock rifle):

Code:
[UTGame.UTWeap_ShockRifle]
bUseCustomCoordinates=TRUE
CrosshairColor=(R=0,G=255,B=0,A=255)
CustomCrosshairCoordinates=(U=476,V=29,UL=5,VL=5)

Make sure to have bUseCustomCoordinates set to TRUE for each weapon under their respective area. If it's set to false the default crosshair will show. You also must set your crosshairs to SIMPLE in the settings menu under weapons or the default crosshairs will still show.

You can alter the color and even type of crosshair if you so choose. All you have to change are the values for "crosshair color" and "custom crosshair coordinates." Here is an example of some custom crosshair coordinates that yield many different types of crosshairs:

You can use this crosshair color designer to select a custom color and receive the appropriate value:

http://jeppo.de/unreal/ut3_crosshair_de ... index.html

Finally, there is also a utility out there called "Unreal Tournament 3 Tweaker" that attempts to do all this for you. My attempt at using it was a failure, so I read up on this a little more and figured out how to do it manually. Nonetheless, it looks to be a pretty cool application that may have some use:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=594723

Overall, the small green dot helps out a lot, at least for me. The green color makes it stand out quite nicely and its compact form allows for further precision. I have the crosshair size/scaling set to 5 and it looks great. The dot also turns red when you hit an enemy person, vehicle, or object, which is a nicety we don't even have in 2k4. :D

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Custom Crosshairs

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Nice. Now I can set it up like I have it in 2k4.
"The abyss gazes also into you"