Few Questions.

General discussion about UT3

Moderator: Admins

Fear
Shock jockey

Few Questions.

Post by Fear »

Hey I was wondering what ghosted server is on ut3. And is it a Tam server? :D Are there other servers you guys play on?

And I was wondering what some of your names are on ut3 so I can locate and friend some of you. I chose DD}Fear just for now so that I can be a beacon to other ut2004 players.

And why does seem like there are only a few maps on vctf servers?

And what is up with that shock rifle. It seems like theirs a delay

And why do the vehicles drive Oddly. Are they rear suspension, I guess what I mean is the steering backwards to ut2004

And why does the manta drive like a crack whore. :lol:

Thanks to anyone who can help with these questions.

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Re: Few Questions.

Post by hirschigrad06 »

Fear wrote:Hey I was wondering what ghosted server is on ut3. And is it a Tam server? :D Are there other servers you guys play on?

And I was wondering what some of your names are on ut3 so I can locate and friend some of you. I chose DD}Fear just for now so that I can be a beacon to other ut2004 players.

And why do the vehicles drive Oddly. Are they rear suspension, I guess what I mean is the steering backwards to ut2004

Let me try answering some of the questions.
1.Ghosted has a lot of different modes on his server.
2.I use the same name on UT3.
3.I don't know about the lack of maps. It is kind of gay (no offense Ghosted)
4.UT3 Shock Rifle Sucks
5.Too many Overpowered Vehicles
6.A wizard did it

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

Ghost is working over time to make the server close to 2k4 as possible , epic did such a wonderful job on fking ut3 up no one wants to play as much as 2k4, so therefor Ghost is really trying hard to make the game play as close as he can and make it as fun as 2k4.

so therefor it will have issues until all the bugs get fixed!

if more people played it would get fixed faster :D

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

lil Sin wrote:Ghost is working over time to make the server close to 2k4 as possible , epic did such a wonderful job on fking ut3 up no one wants to play as much as 2k4, so therefor Ghost is really trying hard to make the game play as close as he can and make it as fun as 2k4.

so therefor it will have issues until all the bugs get fixed!

if more people played it would get fixed faster :D
exactly

Dubya
Holy sh*t!

Post by Dubya »

Fear wrote:Hey I was wondering what ghosted server is on ut3. And is it a Tam server? :D Are there other servers you guys play on?

Answer:

Because UT3 fails. End of story!
No...

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Be sure to get the latest patch and also the Titan pack here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1508

This is the IP adress:
8.12.69.172:7777

He has several game types installed: DM, CTF, VCTF, Greed, etc;

Ghosted has done a lot of modding on his server so it plays more like the UT2k4 style we're used to... dodge jumping, manta runs, etc;. The vehicles are still squirrely but I hear he's working on it.

In your advanced video setting, turn off the field of depth blooming to get more of a crisp feel (more like UT2k4)

The map files are much bigger, so you can pre download them from here:
http://www.ctclan.us/utfiles/ut3/packs/
...and avoid the wait time when online with others.

The UT3 filing system is different, do take a look at this to clear things up:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1831

That's all I can think of at the moment. For more detail on Ghosted's server and his mods, check out his post:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1759&p=17036#p17036

Fear
Shock jockey

Post by Fear »

Oh Dubya you are always witty and insightful. Thanks Bean,Hirsh, and sin for your replies. Ill take all this info and make it useful. :D

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

Fear wrote:Oh Dubya you are always witty and insightful. Thanks Bean,Hirsh, and sin for your replies. Ill take all this info and make it useful. :D
You da best Fear! :D

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

The vehicles are all fucked up. I think this is because they want them to feel the same when using a keyboard and a xbox/ps3 type controller. It ruins the vehicles for me. But yes, Ghosted has done a lot to make the vehicles feel better.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

FWIW fixing the bender/scorp feel is on the top of my list. I haven't been coding/playing for the past week or so because I was generally tired of all the flak I was getting. I should have the squirreliness fixed very soon though.

To answer some of fears questions:

- My server has TAM, custom VCTF, bombing run, invasion as well as the normal game types. I don't promise any kindof stability with bombing run/invasion at this time :( I'm going to be putting up a special team damage greed sometime in soon too. I personally think greed is most fun when you can steal from your teamates too ;)
- The shock rifle is harder to hit with, but the delay might be your gfx settings. I'm going to up the fire rate to be the same as 2k4 (still waiting on a weapons stats pm from badasp). Like I mentioned in another thread, it's not so much that the shock rifle that got nerfed (though it definitely feels that way). Epic made the DM maps way more cramped, so mid/long range weapons are generally less effective. Also the other weapons are more viable now. I've looked for a delay in the shock rifle code and didn't see it. If I find any kind of delay I'll remove it.
- My server has 60+ VCTF maps. I have almost every VCTF map there is for UT3. I also have 60+ DM maps, many of which are really fun.
- The new manta takes a bit to get used to. I've modded it a bit on my server. Manta runs are now possible and the manta is faster/jumps higher.
- Vehicles are not as overpowered with the increased movement. One of the things I will be fixing soon is the ability to move vehicles around with your weapons like in 2k4. I also have a bunch of custom vehicles up on my server, including a much enhanced hoverboard imo.

Like Bean has recommended, turning off bloom (and imo motion blur), makes the game much crisper. To me it looks like 2k4 with much higher res textures and better geometry with those settings. You'll also get higher frames, but the game definitely loses lighting detail with bloom off.
if more people played it would get fixed faster
That's actually the truth. I stopped coding for a while cause I was getting so much shit about the server. That said, if you guys have a list of must change things, just shoot me a pm or fire up a thread and post there. Fixing the scorp (spanker on my server) is probably #1 right now.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

vapor
Holy sh*t!

Post by vapor »

Ghosted wrote: I stopped coding for a while cause I was getting so much shit about the server.
Aww i didnt mean it bring it in big guy
____ :D
__3= | |= E
_____| |
____ / \
____/ _\

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Dubya wrote:

Answer:

Because UT3 fails. End of story!