Need some help

General discussion about UT3

Moderator: Admins

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Need some help

Post by Ghosted »

Things have been pretty quiet on the UT3 front as of late. That does not mean I have not been working on it.

I was pretty dissapointed with how unstable my server was. Basically any time we had a large group of people on, it seemed like about half of the people would crash/hang between map changes.

To address this I did two things:

1) Reinstalled my server, which was a time consuming pain in the ass like I knew it would be.
2) Created my own custom mod that pulls in the majority of the functionality from the other 10 or so mutators I had running. I actually plan on releasing this mod fairly soon after I do a few more tweeks, so anyone can get the 2K4'ish experience on their UT3 server.

I now only need 2 mods to get about 90% of the way to where VCTF was before. I will probably merge the other mod's functionality into my own soon. Unfortunately I took out the custom vehicles for now (I really miss the spanker :( )

What I am asking you guys for is some help testing whether my changes have fixed the stability issues. That nature of the issue suggests I need about 8 people to play through a few maps. I was hoping we could do this the coming Saturday.

Thanks,
Ghost

P.S. I've made the following new changes:

- Adjustable camera distance. You can now scroll the camera back from all the vehicles.
- Tweaked raptor to be faster/more agile like in 2K4.

Upcoming changes
- Fix 'rolling' on viper to make it easier to do mant... viper runs
- Add back snarfs custom vehicles (spanker, etc) if at all possible
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Re: Need some help

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Will do Ghosted.

When would you like to meet up?

All hail the Beef!

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Man I admire you a lot for doing all of this...you contributions are above and beyond.

I keep saying I am going to reinstall the game, it looks like it is about time. :wink:

-T2-
Dominating

Post by -T2- »

I would love to help test the server Ghosted. Maybe we can have a set time to meet-up? That works best for me because my time has been limited lately. Just let me know and I will fire it up.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

I'll be happy to help out too. Just post again as we get closer to the time.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

If I had the Game I would be happy to help out.
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

ill help out in anyway i can just let me know ! :D :D :D :D

ONYX

Post by ONYX »

Count me in for this Saturday. I've hated UT3 until now. Your server makes the game play like a really good upgrade to UT 2004. I've been playing your server this week and had a lot of fun.

Your advice about turning off blooming in the video settings has made the game look and play so much better on my system. I hated that blurry look of UT3 and with it off it looks great!

You've turned UT3 into what it should have been - a great update to UT 2004. I have as much fun or more fun it in now than in UT 2004. All we need is more players so we can have that great UT group feeling to it. I play as much for interacting with the people as the gameplay itself.

But I do miss the spider mines, damnit!

See you on Saturday in UT3!

ONYX

P.S. For those who don't have UT3 yet, you can get it really cheap now. It's selling online for $10-15 compared to the $50 I paid when it first came out. There's no excuse not to get on board and give Ghosted's server a run.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

If I had the Game I would be happy to help out.
I bought 2 copies recently to give out to folks. I'll send you one of the links in a PM tonight.

Thanks to everyone else for offering to help. I'm thinking this Saturday around 9PM PST would be good.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Dubya
Holy sh*t!

Post by Dubya »

ONYX wrote:Count me in for this Saturday. I've hated UT3 until now. Your server makes the game play like a really good upgrade to UT 2004. I've been playing your server this week and had a lot of fun.

Your advice about turning off blooming in the video settings has made the game look and play so much better on my system. I hated that blurry look of UT3 and with it off it looks great!

You've turned UT3 into what it should have been - a great update to UT 2004. I have as much fun or more fun it in now than in UT 2004. All we need is more players so we can have that great UT group feeling to it. I play as much for interacting with the people as the gameplay itself.

ONYX

P.S. For those who don't have UT3 yet, you can get it really cheap now. It's selling online for $10-15 compared to the $50 I paid when it first came out. There's no excuse not to get on board and give Ghosted's server a run.
onyx has an account on here? wtf?!
No...

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

Dubya wrote:
ONYX wrote:Count me in for this Saturday. I've hated UT3 until now. Your server makes the game play like a really good upgrade to UT 2004. I've been playing your server this week and had a lot of fun.

ONYX

onyx has an account on here? wtf?!
Wow did he actualy post this :shock: I thought he only played on the server on a blue moon... :mrgreen:
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

MacLeod
Flak monkey

Post by MacLeod »

have you added carball 3 yet

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

lol, ghosted has stated adamantly that he wont add CB3...and i cant say im too dissapointed. I also want to say I will try to be there to help you test the server, and that my Steam event wasnt meant to detract from this, just something to do when everyone got tired of UT3.
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

vapor
Holy sh*t!

Post by vapor »

id come but i hav work from 4 central till 11 or 12, after that i can hop on

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

peeple frum texes ar gude spellarz.