Post by Tiggrrrr »

MMMmmmm me likey that idea!
Which joystick do I get to play with?
oola la la!~ :P

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Re: UT32K4 Thursday Nights 9PM

Post by Knave_Skye »

No offense Tig, but the sad truth is that joysticks are becoming a thing of the past, where only flight/space sims truly support them, and even that is not always true (Freelancer anyone?). I have one collecting dust that will likely get broken out whenever they finish Jumpgate Evolution, til then its probably in your best interest to get proficent with a mouse and keyboard :?
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

I still haven't installed my Steam and UT3 yet. And I'll be gone all day tommorrow not
sure when I'll get home. But I'll try to install later tonight and hopefully be able to get it
up to speed to play tomorrow.
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

New vent info:

Ventrilo server:
Address: ctc.vent.nfoservers.com
Port: 12450
no password required
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

Good times as usual, though I think Jim had had it by the 50th time I smashed him with the manta :(

I still think DM is the way to go. VCTF (or Greed) isn't really fun 3v3 or 4v4, even in 2K4.

Mud... I love you man. I don't know what the fuck you were on, but both Sal and I will be ordering it from you post haste :lol:
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

Yeah the game ran alot smoother for me now, but I was such a noob and playing against UT3 Pro's I couldn't do anything. :mrgreen:
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

I need a new graphics card or something. My framerate was horrible.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

My apologies for not making it last night (especially since I kinda helped push the idea). Got home at 9 pm, and my daughter was hard at work on a school project (using the computer). I hope everyone had a good time.

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

Mr Bean wrote:My apologies for not making it last night (especially since I kinda helped push the idea). Got home at 9 pm, and my daughter was hard at work on a school project (using the computer). I hope everyone had a good time.
Ah its cool. I think we all had a good time last night.

Tiggrrrr
Holy sh*t!

Post by Tiggrrrr »

No :!: :P No need for appologies my friend beans!~
YOu daughters first priority no probs!
You were with us in spirit.
There's next Thurs sweetie.

Yes, even though I wasnt playing ut3, we were in vent.
Worked great ty.
That was sooo fun last night thanks for making me lauph people,
and, just being there, and, being you.
Sal, your fucking hillarous!!!!~
~CTC Foreva~
~Aly~ aka <{CTC}>Tiggrrrr^^^^ TTFN^^^^

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Mr Bean wrote:My apologies for not making it last night (especially since I kinda helped push the idea). Got home at 9 pm, and my daughter was hard at work on a school project (using the computer). I hope everyone had a good time.
Yeah, we missed you, bro! Good games all the same. I think I prefer Ghosted's modified TDM over VCTF now!
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:
Yeah, we missed you, bro! Good games all the same. I think I prefer Ghosted's modified TDM over VCTF now!
No probs Bean, priorities are priorities.

I think I know why TDM is more fun.

- It requires less people to be fun. 3v3 VCTF will never be that fun, no matter what version of UT.
- Vehicles drive differently and different is bad. I've updated almost every vehicle's feel to be more in line with 2K4. That said a lot of people still didn't like how the scorpion drove (I'm used to it I guess). If you have specific feedback (ex. turns too fast/too slow) I can maybe work on that. Trust me if you go to any other VCTF server you will *hate* it.
- It doesn't have the years of learning curve that maybe we've forgotten we've spent on 2K4 VCTF. I've played enough VCTF on my server to see a lot of cool strategies that could be used, but unfortunately, I don't know if we'll ever get that far. I would say if we play again remember a few things.
+ You have hoverboards that boost, always use them. You can quickly catch up to a carrier that way. If the carrier is boosting and you shoot them, they will ragdoll, which gives them some disincentive to boost and therefore lowers their relative speed. That was the idea anyway...
+ Don't forget that you have a lasso that you can latch onto vehicles with. Sal and I did two runs in a row with raptor + hoverboard last night. Imagine you have a flag and one of your teams manta's flies in front of you. You could lasso on and get flown home very quickly.
+ Manta's are not overpowered if there is a scorpion present. I was running around crushing people in a manta (a nerfed one btw), when all the other team had to do was hop in a scorpion to take me down. Or... use an avril. I might nerf how well the scorpion ball homes in though...
+ Those custom hoverboards essentially add another dimension as you can now surf around levels, jump super high just to pop out and rocket someone from 20 feet up, etc. The hoverboard is definitely a skill in and of itself, but a pretty fun skill to pick up :)

So yeah, TDM is a blast IMO. I prefer it over 2K4 DM for sure.

I'd say maybe give yourself a bit more time to get up to speed in VCTF if we have more people on next time. There's definitely a lot of new gameplay there and plenty of good levels. It still carries the spirit of 2K4 VCTF imo.

Finally (pant) thanks for playing, was fun :) Hopefully Mud will not overdose on whiskey next time :P

KUDOS
Dominating

Post by KUDOS »

Love to join in but my Pentium 2 will only handle UT2K4

Also there seem to be some limitations to dial up

My 8" Monitor gives great resolution but I have to wear magnifying Bi-focals just to play.

Under the circumstance I do pretty well.

mudpuppet
Holy sh*t!

Post by mudpuppet »

lol , you don't know how pissed I was when I woke up in the morning !
I think I was still logged on your server . hehe . I so wanted to play , DAMN+it .
Looking forward to it .

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Re: UT32K4 Thursday Nights 7PM Pacific

Post by Ghosted »

*bump* for mod explanation (for WD et al).