Anyone playing this?

General discussion about UT3

Moderator: Admins

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Anyone playing this?

Post by WarDad71 »

So I got (3) copies of UT3 via Steam for me and my crew and having mixed feelings after playing it a bit. Really pissed at what they did to vCTF etc. One reason I bothered to buy the game is that I know there are always going to be creative people out there who will make cool things with Unreal Editor like this:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HrMOErxyWzA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HrMOErxyWzA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

This zombie game is definitely more fun than the killing floor mod for 2k4...There is a TON of other mods at moddb.com that look like they would be fun to check out and had good reviews.

Anyway - wanted to see if anyone actually plays UT3 - and what modes...

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Re: Anyone playing this?

Post by Ghosted »

Hi WarDad,

Check out this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2108&start=0

Up until recently I ran a UT3 server with the above mod. If you're interested, I can post the mod to the forums sometime later tonight. I never got around to posting it to the epic forums as the game is essentially dead.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

yes id be interested if anything to play on LAN i guess with some friends or even hamachi or w/e.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

The player movement feel was dead on accurate to the 2k4 style. I highly recommend you try it. There were some video settings that Ghosted & badasp helped me with. Makes things a lot more clearer and funner to play. I can't remember what they were... something like bloom motion blur (don't quote me though).

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

Here you go...
ut2k4.zip
ut2k4 mod
(71.2 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

thanks man 8) Now to figure out where the files go for the steam install of UT3 :P I'm sure it's easy.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

The .u file goes here:
%username%\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Script

The .ini file goes here:
%username%\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

gracias

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

Hmmm - do i need to make a folder called "script" - there wasn't one there so i did - I was assuming i would see a mutator called "ghosted-something" when setting up a match to turn on with the other mutators - what am I doing wrong. Running windows 7 64 bit and UT3 is via Steam setup. got the "black" edition.