Id's "Still learning how to map" Basic Questions

Unrealed mapping chat

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

Dubya
Holy sh*t!

Re: Id's "Still learning how to map" Basic Questions

Post by Dubya »

How do you get writing on the wall? Something like "yes, you know that Dubya totally owns your ass." :roll:
No...

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Dubya wrote:How do you get writing on the wall? Something like "yes, you know that Dubya totally owns your ass." :roll:
You have to import the texture that says 'dubya like getting teabagged', then put it on a sheet that is a couple units off the surface of the wall. I could explain it all here but... If you really want this to happen, let me know.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

Is there a way to make a mover do a full, circular rotation without setting up key bases? For example, I want a ring shaped static mesh to rotate not like a wheel but as if flipping over. I cannot get this to work using key bases, so I would like to know if there is a way to just set a mover to rotate constantly.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

When there's a will, there's a way. In that CanOpener map I made, I put a static mesh spinning under the flag. You can make it spin any way or direction you like. To be honest though, I was confused while getting it to work. I just had to mess with it for a while. I will try to find that tutorial for you.

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

Instead of spinning my static mesh though, I'm trying to get it to flip over, like a quarter that you flipped off your thumb.

I'm using the same static mesh I used for the teleporters in HedgeMaze. What I've done so far is setup up a key base with the mesh directly horizontal, a key base with the mesh rotated at 45 degrees west to east, a key base directly vertical, a key base at 45 degrees east to west and another key base with the mesh directly horizontal. Problem is, the mover does not connect to each key base in a fluid movement. Instead it will hit each key base coming from different directions. I know this makes no sense, perhaps I can send you what I have been trying to do with this mesh. I will send you a download link, Bean, in a PM.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Ok, now I have a some questions....

1- How do you export a texture to photoshop to modify it?
2- When importing a texture to UT, what file type do you use in order to keep transparent parts transparent? Bitmap doesn't work :?

*btw, this is a good idea posting editer questions. There's a good chance others would like to know/learn the same thing.

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

i know theres some type of smurfmaps out there please cant we find them?

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

oops! posted twice sorry :mrgreen:

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

There's one smurf massacre but it's a single player game.
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

I made a brush, converted to a static mesh, named the package myLevel, then went to my static mesh browser and looked for myLevel in the browser and could not find it. Any idea why a static mesh I just myLeveled is not showing up for me?

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

-Id- wrote:I made a brush, converted to a static mesh, named the package myLevel, then went to my static mesh browser and looked for myLevel in the browser and could not find it. Any idea why a static mesh I just myLeveled is not showing up for me?
What about the myLevel sub-folders?

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

I did not see any myLevel subfolders. Do I need to create a folder called myLevel in the static mesh folder before it will actually save something there?

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

I was just taking a shot in the dark. There is a secondary pulldown in the static mesh browser. It happened to me one time, and I found it there... or maybe it was a texture :? Something like that.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

No, I don't think you need to create a mylevel folder for your mesh. Hold on, just checked the ed and loaded a simple map up and no mylevel. As the mylevel folder is a default name, perhaps it won't allow you to name a package that. Try a dif package name.

Did you rebuild your map as well?

All hail the Beef!

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

Who here knows how to make escape vehicles? I would like to replace the Scorpions in Face3 with escape Scorpions like you find in maps such as Zoned. I have copy pasted the escape Scorpion from Zoned, but it does not function correctly in my map; it does not even appear.