VCTFVehicleFactories

Unrealed mapping chat

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

Helen
Shock jockey

VCTFVehicleFactories

Post by Helen »

I have idea for you map makers. How about a custom vehicle factory for VCTF, so you can customize ur own vehicles by changing properties in vehicle factory. Here's the list possible things you could moddify.

var() float TeamUseTime;
var() Sound Announcement_Destroyed;
var() array<sound> HornSounds;
var() float LastHornTime;
var() bool bDriverHoldsFlag; // driver of vehicle can hold flag
var() bool bAllowWeaponToss; //if the driver dies, will he toss his weapon?
var() bool bAutoTurret; // controlled by AI if no player controlling (FIXME Move to subclass)
var() float VehicleLostTime; //how much time is vehicle lost before the respawn clock starts
var() float WheelsScale;
var() sound StolenSound;
var() float LastLockWarningTime;
var() float LockWarningInterval;
var() bool bCanCarryFlag; // vehicle can carry flag
var() bool bDefensive; // should be used by defenders AI
var() bool bHighScoreKill; // vehicle is considered important, and awards 5 points upon destruction.
var() bool bEjectDriver; //force ejecting drivers when vehicle is destroyed
var() int TeamNum ; // 0= red, 1= blue, 2= green 3 = gold 255= neutral / none
var() bool bPlayerControl ; // Only player instigators can trigger
var() float WaterDamage; // how much water damage should the vehilce take when in water.
var() bool bKeyVehicle; // Hint for AI to hunt down vehicle (when vehicle is considered an objective like in Glacier or Junkyard)
var() bool bRespawnWhenDestroyed; // when vehicle is destroyed spawn a new one
var() bool bVehicleTeamLock; // Vehicle is locked to specific team.
var() bool bEnter_TeamUnlocks; // When a player enters vehicle, it is unlocked.
var() int VehicleHealth; // health of vehicle
var() bool bAutoSpawn ; // Will spawn at regular intervals
var() int RespawnTime ; // Interval to wait before AutoSpawning
var() bool bSpawnProtected; //SpawnProtection on vehicle
var bool bWaiting ; // About to spawn
var int FactoryTime ; // Time last spawn
var() byte VehicleAmbientGlow;
var() name PreSpawnEvent ; // Event to trigger before spawn
var() int PreSpawnTime ; // Time before spawn to trigger event
var bool bPreSpawn ; // Should trigger PreSpawnEvent next
var() name SpawnEvent ; // Event to trigger after spawn
var() float AIVisibilityDist; // AI Sight Radius
var() bool bCrushable ; // Allow spawning over colliding actors
var() int RetrySpawnTime ; // Interval to wait if bBlocked
var() bool bHUDTrackVehicle; // If true, Vehicle will tracked on HUD.
var() bool bRandomFlip ; // Neutral vehicles may face backwards

I still working on(testing) teamusetime. I think thats time when u exit vehicle before it despawns and resets to respawn. For example placing bender on flag with no one in it.

So I like to know what your thoughts on this, since I did modify this 2 years ago(example I did was VCTF-EvilBedroomsremix2k4][.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: VCTFVehicleFactories

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

I think this would be awesome. If it was as easy as modifying setting in UnrelEd, it would be worth it.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

Interesting proposal...

wait, you can set a vehicle to spawn in a neutral state? Does that mean either team can take it from its spawn, without having to use a mod like NoVehicleLocks or anything?
I hope so, because that will be SO USEFUL when I finally getting around to mapmaking. Or, rather, learning to make maps. UnrealEd looks intimidatingly confusing :oops:

EDIT: Helen, I think your description of TeamUseTime is actually the function of VehicleLostTime.
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

Now If you could have one in game...where you chose the scorpion...the weapon....and depending on the weapon...the health and speed are already decided...so you could custom make your own scorpion...right there, I know it is mostlikely impossible...

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

How do people even make alternate-weapon scorpions?

There's the Shock Scorpion (Paly cannon), the Plasma Scorpion (sorta like Manta shots), the weaponless Infiltrator, the Spammer (Plasma with double the fire rate), the Lynx (very slow basic rocket launcher), the Armed Scorpion (seemingly weak machine gun, highly effective if aimed well), etc.

If that's possible, you should theoretically be able to do things like put a Paly shield in place of a Bender's shock rifle turret thing, make a Manta launch Redeemer missiles (good lord), get a Cicada that fires Scorpion green exploding rope stuff, etc.
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

Or...make a minigun fire instant ion painter shots...(Known as a "Notolix Destroyer")

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Wow! Lots of options :shock: Is this something that could be contained in 'myLevel' as to not require extra files? I'm also curious to know if it's a lot of work? It would definitely be fun to toy around with. Perhaps as fun enhancing as the flying board mod if edited effectively.

Helen
Shock jockey

Post by Helen »

Variasaber wrote:Interesting proposal...

wait, you can set a vehicle to spawn in a neutral state? Does that mean either team can take it from its spawn, without having to use a mod like NoVehicleLocks or anything?
I hope so, because that will be SO USEFUL when I finally getting around to mapmaking. Or, rather, learning to make maps. UnrealEd looks intimidatingly confusing :oops:

EDIT: Helen, I think your description of TeamUseTime is actually the function of VehicleLostTime.
Yeah novehiclelock means a red guy can steal blue vehicle when it spawns without anyone from blue getting in and out to make it unlocked.

Helen
Shock jockey

Post by Helen »

Variasaber wrote:How do people even make alternate-weapon scorpions?

There's the Shock Scorpion (Paly cannon), the Plasma Scorpion (sorta like Manta shots), the weaponless Infiltrator, the Spammer (Plasma with double the fire rate), the Lynx (very slow basic rocket launcher), the Armed Scorpion (seemingly weak machine gun, highly effective if aimed well), etc.

If that's possible, you should theoretically be able to do things like put a Paly shield in place of a Bender's shock rifle turret thing, make a Manta launch Redeemer missiles (good lord), get a Cicada that fires Scorpion green exploding rope stuff, etc.

Something I never thought about could be possible to be able edit weapons but got keep in mind graphics of weapons wont work if you just change it or it will look cheesey like scorpoinwar

Helen
Shock jockey

Post by Helen »

Mr Bean wrote:Wow! Lots of options :shock: Is this something that could be contained in 'myLevel' as to not require extra files? I'm also curious to know if it's a lot of work? It would definitely be fun to toy around with. Perhaps as fun enhancing as the flying board mod if edited effectively.
Only need files for the factory is OSMT.U, BioAegis_Sound, and BioAegis_Tex that for factories.

To use my hoverboard you need entire chaosut mode, but anyways yes in future well put hoverboards in map without having a mutator, but for now its a mutator.

Heres download link http://liandriarena.site.nfoservers.com/Downloads/ VCTF-mylevelVCTFvehiclefactories is map name.

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

Ah, that's why I couldn't get the hoverboard to work... I didn't have ChaosUT at the time.
(I was sitting there shouting "EXPORTCACHE AND DUMPINT, DAMN YOU!!!!!" at my Command Prompt)
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber