Maps in limbo

Unrealed mapping chat

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Maps in limbo

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Howdy fellow mappers. I thought it would be interesting to post some screenshots of maps that are sitting in creative limbo for one reason or another. I know we all have a few so post some pics and maybe we can get a group effort together to tackle a couple and get them out there.

Fire away!

All hail the Beef!

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Re: Maps in limbo

Post by Ghosted »

I think you're jumping the gun a bit Sal. There are plenty of finished maps that Id hasn't put his name on yet :lol:
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Good idea Sal... I have a few that have never seen the light of day. Now let me dig them up, and I'll post some pics in a bit.

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

Ghosted wrote:I think you're jumping the gun a bit Sal. There are plenty of finished maps that Id hasn't put his name on yet :lol:
:lol:

WeedVulture
Holy sh*t!

Post by WeedVulture »

lil Sin wrote:
Ghosted wrote:I think you're jumping the gun a bit Sal. There are plenty of finished maps that Id hasn't put his name on yet :lol:
:lol:
:lol: :lol:

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

Here is A map that I'm working on as soon as I learn how to use the Map Editor.

And Here Is A Battle Scene.
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Would have been my first map. Started on Tropo, and left this one on the back burner... been there ever since. I think I just spent so much time on it, I got burnt out. Since I was so new at the editor, it took me decades to do anything. It's got a decent layout, but needs accomadation for the footies. It's also a bit defensive heavy. Kind of hard to figure out the layout from the pics, but most all the mappers have seen it already:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mmdnwxzoz ... sty-A3.rar

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

VCTF-GlassHouse
Probably nothing can be done with this one... but maybe take some ideas from it. I like the way the map looks, but the layout just aint happening. l think I learned more on this map, than any other. So not much loss, and much gained. I used water volume, fluid surface actor, lava volume, blocking volumes (with manipulated properties), ladder volumes, Physics volume (low grav in the center), skybox, revolving movers, jump pads, emitters, ambient sounds, bot-paths... just a lot of new stuff for me at the time. Had a lot of fun doing it and learning.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hn0lm2dxt ... se-A16.rar

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

Mr Bean wrote:VCTF-GlassHouse
Probably nothing can be done with this one... but maybe take some ideas from it.
I actually had an idea looking at that map :) Not sure how hard it would be, but it would be cool to have a map with multiple interconnected floating rooms. Each room floats up and down or side to side or whatever. They would have multiple entry/exit points, but some paths would require rooms to line up their doors. It creates a kindof timing dynamic. Let me know if you want any more ideas.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1