Keybinding

Unrealed mapping chat

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Re: Keybinding

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

Yeah it would be nice to have shortcut key for Adren combo's.
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

vapor wrote:i just have lg and shock set to mousewheel up and mousewheel down...too lazy to do much else

is it possible to change adren combos, id like to change berserk to sss?
I have them on my wheel as well, here's the bind MouseWheelUp=PipedSwitchWeapon 4|PipedSwitchWeapon 9. Tried it once and never looked back.

As for combos, the only way I know is macros.

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

Up-up-up-up=speed :p

vapor
Holy sh*t!

Post by vapor »

Beltamaxx wrote:
vapor wrote:i just have lg and shock set to mousewheel up and mousewheel down...too lazy to do much else

I have them on my wheel as well, here's the bind MouseWheelUp=PipedSwitchWeapon 4|PipedSwitchWeapon 9. Tried it once and never looked back.

is that any different than just changing the buttons in the settings menu

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

vapor wrote:
Beltamaxx wrote:

is that any different than just changing the buttons in the settings menu
Yes, 1 button, 3 weapons.

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:You should change up some keys, rimmer, and you'll notice you play better. I used to hit 4 for the shock rifle for the longest time. It worked so well for me, and I sometimes still do it. LOL

I also have some custom aliases in my user.ini. Here they are:

Code: Select all

Aliases[36]=(Command="SwitchWeapon 1 | Button bFire | OnRelease Jump | onrelease switchtolastweapon",Alias="Hammer")
Aliases[37]=(Command="SwitchWeapon 5 | Button bAltFire | onrelease switchtolastweapon",Alias="linky")
Aliases[38]=(Command="switchweapon 1 | AltFire | onrelease switchtolastweapon",Alias="qshield")
To use them, I have these lines further down:

I=Hammer
F7=qshield
U=linky
I then have these keys (I, F7, U) bound to buttons on my mouse.

The 'hammer' one is the best. With the press of one button, Iswitch to shield gun, and start the primary fire (load up the impact). Then when I release the button I jump (automatically, don't have to press space) and then switch back to the last weapon I was using. By the time I've switched back, I'm up on that ledge above me and ready to fire! It really helped my with my shield jumping. So easy too!

The 'linky' one is easy too... one button and you switch to the link and altfire to heal vehicles or whatever. Then switch back when you release.
Absolutely brilliant... *steals*
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

rusted
Flak monkey

Post by rusted »

I think I should try some of these.
I've always used the default settings, and scroll thru weapons. Thats why sometimes I shoot an avril instead of flak :)

Odin
Boom! Headshot!

Post by Odin »

AFAIK keybinding adren combos never worked.

F9=ToggleScreenshotMode|OnRelease shot|OnRelease ToggleScreenshotMode
What this does is it removes your HUD, takes a screenshot, then puts it back on. Neat if you want to take a screen shot without your weapon bar etc. showing. F9 is just the key I used.

Q=getweapon Xweapons.Sniperrifle | pipedswitchweapon 9
I used this for maps that have both the sniper and LG, this makes it so when you hit a key specifically for that slot, the LG will come out first, since it's, you know, the better gun.

Shift=getweapon Onslaught.ONSAVRiL | playvehiclehorn 0
A duel-use code, this button was specifically to bring out the avril without getting the rocket launcher first. Also put my vehicle horn on there since it saved space.

That's the extent of what I used, there's a code that effectively shield jumps for you, but that's something that's not really difficult, and if you want to do it right you need to do it yourself anyway.

!nfo.
Goo sniper

Post by !nfo. »

I know its been a while since I've been on here but I think binding weapons to keys works out the best. I have every weapon bound, including avril, to a key within 2 keys of my hand at resting position. I also have "walk" bound to a key. It really makes for a fun little trick when you have someone shooting at you, it really throws off aim. And the " Q=getweapon Xweapons.Sniperrifle | pipedswitchweapon 9 " is one I'd really recommend. If you like your LG over your sniper rifle just paste it into your .ini. Also I know this is weird but somewhere on my key board I have a bind that changes sensitivity to 3 different ones depending on what I'm doing at the time. If you know what you want when you are binding it it can really really help your aim. I used it more in the large open ONS maps when I was playing there. When scoped way in I'd be able to lower it and would be able to hit them easier. And howdy all, hopefully I'll see yall soon.
Masterbation is like procrastination, you only end up screwing yourself.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

!nfo. wrote:I know its been a while since I've been on here but I think binding weapons to keys works out the best. I have every weapon bound, including avril, to a key within 2 keys of my hand at resting position. I also have "walk" bound to a key. It really makes for a fun little trick when you have someone shooting at you, it really throws off aim. And the " Q=getweapon Xweapons.Sniperrifle | pipedswitchweapon 9 " is one I'd really recommend. If you like your LG over your sniper rifle just paste it into your .ini. Also I know this is weird but somewhere on my key board I have a bind that changes sensitivity to 3 different ones depending on what I'm doing at the time. If you know what you want when you are binding it it can really really help your aim. I used it more in the large open ONS maps when I was playing there. When scoped way in I'd be able to lower it and would be able to hit them easier. And howdy all, hopefully I'll see yall soon.

I don't like you and I don't like your suggestions...but damn I miss playing with yo punk ass. :evil:

Hope school is going well and hope to kill you real soon....BIAATCH!

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

!nfo. wrote:somewhere on my key board I have a bind that changes sensitivity to 3 different ones depending on what I'm doing at the time.
Can you post the code for those binds? Sounds handy.
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

Oh, and here's my binds if anyone is interested (Quote this, Belta!)

F=Hammer
Z=qshield
Shift=linky
Q=getweapon OMFG.OMFG | pipedswitchweapon 0
Backslash=SwitchWeapon 10
MiddleMouse=getweapon Onslaught.ONSAVRiL | PipedSwitchWeapon 5
MouseWheelDown=getweapon XWeapons.Sniperrifle | PipedSwitchWeapon 4
MouseWheelUp=getweapon XWeapons.FlakCannon | PipedSwitchWeapon 6
Ctrl=playvehiclehorn 0
Alt=playvehiclehorn 1
home=Switchteam
End=suicide
PageDown=ThrowWeapon
PageUp=DropFlag
Tab=Turn180
As you can see, I "borrowed" Jim's custom aliases 8)
I made the weapon binds myself based on the keybind pro code. Mousewheel up is Flak and Minigun, mousewheel down is LG and Shock Rifle, "Middle Mouse" (mousewheel click) is AVRiL and Link Gun. Q is a superweapon bind; "OMFG" refers to a mod I have that gives you the OMFG Gun, a rocket launcher with 100 ammo and a very high rate of fire. I consider it a superweapon when I have it in the game, so that's why it's on there. Backslash is the Translocator. So, with just the mousewheel and Q, I can switch between 7 weapons, and that's if you count all four superweapons that Q will give me as one weapon.
Ctrl and Alt are the default and alternate vehicle horns, respectively.
Home, End, Page Down, and Page Up are similarly self-explanatory.
If I hold Tab for a moment, I flip to face the opposite way. I think that one came from keybind pro, and I think there's a custom alias that goes with it.

Oh, and if you scroll down to [Engine.TextToSpeechAlias], you can change what Text-to-Speech will say when certain things are typed in (For example, by default ":)" becomes "smile," but you can do more interesting things)
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

KatWoman
Shock jockey

Post by KatWoman »

LeftMouse=StrafeLeft
MiddleMouse=SwitchWeapon 10 | Fire | OnRelease AltFire
RightMouse=StrafeRight
MouseWheelDown=SwitchWeapon 1
MouseWheelUp=use
MouseX=Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=3.0
MouseY=Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=3.0

MouseZ=
Joy1=Fire
Joy2=AltFire
Joy3=SwitchToBestWeapon
Joy4=PrevWeapon
Joy5=NextWeapon
Joy6=PrevWeapon | ToggleBehindView | pipedswitchweapon 2 | pipedswitchweapon 3 |
Joy7=ScopeView|OnRelease ScopeViewRelease
Joy8=ThrowWeapon
Joy9=ToggleBehindView
Joy10=basepath 1
Joy11=SwitchWeapon 5
Joy12=SwitchWeapon 5
Joy13=pipedswitchweapon 4 | pipedswitchweapon 8 | pipedswitchweapon 9 | pipedswitchweapon 5 |
Joy14=Speak Team
Joy15=Reload|OnRelease ReloadRelease
Joy16=VoiceTalk
JoyX=Axis aBaseX SpeedBase=300.0 DeadZone=0.20
JoyY=Axis aBaseY SpeedBase=300.0 DeadZone=0.15 Invert=-1

JoyZ=
Mouse5=Jump
Mouse4=Duck
NumPad3=speech ORDER 3

Variasaber
Holy sh*t!

Post by Variasaber »

Some players DO use gamepads!

I KNEW IT!!!
Sup folks
DD}VariaSaber

KatWoman
Shock jockey

Post by KatWoman »

Logitech Joystick in right hand (move forward. turn, fire, alt fire, change weapons chat teamchat piped weapons, link, view, hellbender view change 2-3, drop weapon)

left hand mouse- look up/down. buttons on top use for side to side (dodge)
side buttons jump crouch,
wheel switch to piston and use, press whell down throw translocator/ switch weapon)
MS Intellimouse optical 5 button

no one else does it this way
it's crazy