UnrealEd 3.0 patch?

Unrealed mapping chat

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

UnrealEd 3.0 patch?

Post by Mr Bean »

I've heard that there is at least one patch update for UnrealEd 3.0. Anyone know where I can get it?

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: UnrealEd 3.0 patch?

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

When you patch the game, you patch the editor too. There may be some other patch, but I'm not sure about it and I've never heard. Do you have a link?
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

I was at a UTeditor tutorial site and it mentioned a known bug that would make the editor crash. It suggested updating the ditor to avoid this, and then gave me a dead link (Epic). I read some forums last night and found aothers saying the same as you Jim: The first couple patch were available seperately, but then just started including them in the game patches. Thus if we the lastest game patch, we also have the latest editor patch.

My editor HAS crashed a few times. Does this happen to anyone else?

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Mr Bean wrote:My editor HAS crashed a few times. Does this happen to anyone else?
I've never seen a program crash as often as the editor does! The only thing I can say is save often! And save different versions. If you're about to add some major thing, save as a new version and work on that. If it gets borked or the ed crashes, go back to the previous one.

Also I think the editor makes auto saves. Look in your maps folder for files called 'auto1', 'auto2' etc. Sort by date to find the most recent one. If you crashed and didn't save, sometimes these auto saves will save your butt!
"The abyss gazes also into you"