Unreal Ed is sluggish.

Unrealed mapping chat

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

IIVIIRRIIvII
Boom! Headshot!

Unreal Ed is sluggish.

Post by IIVIIRRIIvII »

You would think having a powerful PC would make going through unreal ed a breeze, it's actually a lot worse than before. I tried opening up the editor the other day and noticed it would take anywhere up to five seconds to select an item and for it to be highlighted on the screen. If I tried to right click properties before the item showed up as highlighted it would often take upwards of fifteen seconds for the engine to respond.

I thought it might have something to do with my new external hard drive. I decided to uninstall unreal from secondary and try it on my primary (SSD drive). Now it only takes three seconds for the engine to recognize when I select something but it still hangs when I try to go through options and such. Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe a bug with running windows 7 64bit? Is there a new version of unreal ed I can download to make maps or is 3.0 as high as it goes?

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Re: Unreal Ed is sluggish.

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

You could always run a virtual machine with xp in it just for the UTeditor.
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

RacerX has some maps he has messed around with and says it runs fine (we have win7 64 bit etc. decent machines) I just fired it up on my machine and opened up a map and was messing around and didn't seem to encounter any delays... :( hopefully you can pinpoint what might be the problem...

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

It's the graphics card/graphics driver that's causing the problem. Sal and I experience the same laggy problems. Especially when selecting a texture or static mesh... it'd take a good 10 seconds for my PC to even react. One day a driver update came out it just fixed itself. I was/am using an Nvidia GTX 285. I've read that it cam help by going into the properties of whatever shortcut icon you use to access the editor, and ensuring that you run the program as admin (properties/shortcut/advanced/run as admin). Good luck.

IIVIIRRIIvII
Boom! Headshot!

Post by IIVIIRRIIvII »

Thanks Bean! that did the trick! Have you been having any issues with audio files not showing in the editor? Thats the next problem I have, heh.

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

IIVIIRRIIvII wrote:Thanks Bean! that did the trick! Have you been having any issues with audio files not showing in the editor? Thats the next problem I have, heh.
Hmmmm! I'm seeing a pattern here, Maybe its a user problem... :mrgreen:
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

IIVIIRRIIvII
Boom! Headshot!

Post by IIVIIRRIIvII »

Yeah, I have crappy luck, especially with the editor. I tried making some zounds but even if I take zounds that work in the game, extract them, I still can't import those. For some reason I can't import any audio, it's mind boggling.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Lol. The parameters of the actual ogg files are really specific. There is a tut around that explains it. I have imported sounds into a game but I mostly scour the archives for any sounds. I have a bunch.

All hail the Beef!

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

IIVIIRRIIvII wrote:Yeah, I have crappy luck, especially with the editor. I tried making some zounds but even if I take zounds that work in the game, extract them, I still can't import those. For some reason I can't import any audio, it's mind boggling.
I've got zero experience there man. Sorry.