level wip

Unrealed mapping chat

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

SMR
Holy sh*t!

level wip

Post by SMR »

originally i was working on a remake to ctf-norbisomethingorantoher from ut1. The authors email is a dead link and cant find him to get permission. No longer a faithful remake.
Skybox lifted from another map, since it looked so similar to the original. Wont be in there in the release.

Terrain isnt full smoothed out yet and the hill texture is temporary. Might juse use the hill texture seen in second picture, since it looks cartoony enough already.
Terrains been a bitch, trying to prevent manta climbing. Probably steepen it out with static meshes.
Cartoonish vehicles in the work too. Manta and scorp done. No modded scorps, even though I want spma scorp in there. Wont be playing it anyway, since im taking 6 classes in the fall. :)

If I dont finish it in time for school, wouldnt mind dropping it off in someone's hands.

Second picture is old terrain.

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Re: level wip

Post by SMR »

also, that manta isnt the new one and theres a lot more to see in the map. I wont post any pics outside the area. You'll see it first hand soon enough.

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

I hope you have peacefull music to play with that night sky & maybe throw a hammock on
the side of the manta so when I go on runs I can lay down and stair into the sky.......... :D
Can't wait to give it a whirl when it's finished......

Ohh Yeah i see you have a power up box in there from like Mario Brothers does a Keg of Health come from that.. :D
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Post by SMR »

x-GAMBIT-x wrote:
Ohh Yeah i see you have a power up box in there from like Mario Brothers does a Keg of Health come from that.. :D
Yes, and the one inside the mine gives invisibility.

Not sure what to do with coins. Either varying degrees of health or adrenaline..........Or small amounts of shield that can accumulate.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Looks cool, get working on it little by little.

All hail the Beef!

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Looks pretty sick. I can't wait to give it a spin.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Yeah, looks great. I love the custom pickups. Keep it up!
"The abyss gazes also into you"

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

I like the dark element. Looking forward to taking it for a test spin.

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Post by SMR »

Maybe if i have some time, Ill finish it by next summer. :mrgreen: Might actually take 7 classes this semester.
I made a new pickup that is essentialy small amounts of shield, like a cousin to the health vials. Values are 1, 2, and 5. Currently they are coins. However, If anyone is interested I could release them as miniature shield mesh with a shield value of your choice(I like a low number like 2 or 5). I personally like the idea, it adds a new variable to the game play.

Anyway, hope I find the time to finish it up before ut04 is dead. :mrgreen:

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Cool, SMR! I'd love to see those little shield pickups. That's a great idea that I've seen in other games (Doom, I think).
Also, if you need any help with your map, kick it down... I'm sure there are some of us who can help out with a little time here and there. I know that mapping can sometimes be a very personal thing, but if you're just out of time and sick of looking at the same map, passing it on to someone else is a good idea.
Just a thought. Keep up the great work!

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Post by SMR »

cool,. ya I might just 'kick it around'. Once its fully functional gameplay wise, I wouldnt mind handing it off to someoen to finalize it. Ideally, I wanted to add some fast exits near the flag, such that it doesnt become a manta run only map. Maybe even a manta blocker on central terrain, so thers only 1 way in, 1 way out with mantas. Make it a little less vctf.

Although, I'm starting to realize just how gay mario is.

Once I get settled in Ill post up a link with some custom pickups.

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Post by SMR »

if i find time over break, Ill finish this up.

Or at least make a bundle of the mini armor pickups

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

SMR wrote:if i find time over break, Ill finish this up.

Or at least make a bundle of the mini armor pickups
How's it going, SMR? Haven't seen you in a while... I'm sure you're busy with school. Yes, at least put the custom pickups in a pack... I'd love to incorporate them into a map of mine.

Thanks!

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Post by SMR »

Ill put up an assortment. Dont know if you want the coins, Im thinking about scaling down shield backs and altering colors.

Yes school is keeping me busy. im taking six classes and kind of slacking off. I MIGHT make dean's list...3.3 lol

Better luck next time I guess.

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Post by SMR »

Does anyone have this map? I lost it when my last pc died. Im too lazy to retrieve it from the old hard drive.

I finished college, so maybe I can finish this map now. lol