Skyboxes?

Unrealed mapping chat

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Skyboxes?

Post by Mr Bean »

Sometimes in the editor when I try to grab a skybox, the texture is left null. How do I make sure the texture is carried along with it?

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Skyboxes?

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

I've never had this happen. I assume what you're talking about is: you see a skybox in another map that you like. You open that map in the editor and highlight all the skybox elements and copy it. Then you open your map and paste the skybox in. But in your case, sometimes the textures don't follow. I'd say just try it again. Make sure you're copying all skybox elements. If it still doesn't work, try just copying the skybox subtraction itself an see if that works.

Good luck!
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Re: Skyboxes?

Post by Mr Bean »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:...I assume what you're talking about is: you see a skybox in another map that you like. You open that map in the editor and highlight all the skybox elements and copy it. Then you open your map and paste the skybox in. But in your case, sometimes the textures don't follow...

Yes. That's exactly what I'm talking about.
CTC-JimRimya wrote:...I'd say just try it again. Make sure you're copying all skybox elements. If it still doesn't work, try just copying the skybox subtraction itself an see if that works...

Ok. I'll try that. Thanks Jim :)