VCTF Video Tutorials!

Unrealed mapping chat

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

IIVIIRRIIvII
Boom! Headshot!

VCTF Video Tutorials!

Post by IIVIIRRIIvII »

I'm not sure if this has been posted here but anybody who's interested at all in model making or map making should check out this site ASAP: http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/sv_home.php.

They have all kinds of great vid's on how to make maps for the unreal games and modeling techniques. You might need to sign up (it's free!) to see the vids but it is well worth it. I myself am more of a visual learner so for the people out there like me this is a huge help.

Edit: BTW to get to the unreal tut's just go to "Unreal Tech" on the left hand side of the page. Enjoy!

Lazy.Pirate
Shock jockey

Re: VCTF Video Tutorials!

Post by Lazy.Pirate »

IIVIIRRIIvII wrote:I'm not sure if this has been posted here but anybody who's interested at all in model making or map making should check out this site ASAP: http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/sv_home.php.

They have all kinds of great vid's on how to make maps for the unreal games and modeling techniques. You might need to sign up (it's free!) to see the vids but it is well worth it. I myself am more of a visual learner so for the people out there like me this is a huge help.

Edit: BTW to get to the unreal tut's just go to "Unreal Tech" on the left hand side of the page. Enjoy!
If not posted, then mentioned several times... more unrealed tutorials than vctf, but good never-the-less.
VCTF Public Service Announcement
Please keep in mind you are NOT allowed to make good OR bad comments on maps without having made one yourself. Thank you.
This has been a VCTF Public Service Announcement.

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

They have some nice video tutorials on other subject matter like C++, Photoshop etc. Pretty decent setup and free. The tutorials at the site are the same as what was included in the UT DVD. If someone "lost" their UT dvd then 3d buzz is the place to re download :D

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Good post Mike. Those videos are awesome. I open the video and UTeditor at the same time. I'd watch a segment, pause, do what they did, then watch some more. You can't go wrong. At first, all the new info seems a little overwhelming. Just take baby steps. Stuff starts sinking in faster than you'd think.

This community is probably the best around for anyone interested in mapping. There's quite a few knowledgable and helpful mappers here. I'm pretty newbie myself, but would be happy to help anyone interested in getting started.

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Mapping takes a few attributes:

desire to learn
desire to create
desire to master

Mr. Bean, you got the first two down. The last one will come to you with each and every map you make. Keep on!

All hail the Beef!

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

CTC-Salchicha wrote:Mapping takes a few attributes:

desire to learn
desire to create
desire to master

Mr. Bean, you got the first two down. The last one will come to you with each and every map you make. Keep on!
What he said.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

I have to say that I enjoyed the begining tutorial with the box level. I will keep learning so I can make a good one.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

hirschigrad06 wrote:I have to say that I enjoyed the begining tutorial with the box level. I will keep learning so I can make a good one.
Yeah, that's a good feeling when you get that first room up and working. I'm excited for you hirsch. Keep it up, and don't hesitate to ask for anything. :D