CTC vCTF UT3 Server

Discuss VCTF in both UT2004 and UT3

Moderator: Admins

Orang3

CTC vCTF UT3 Server

Post by Orang3 »

since there is no CTC vCTF server for UT3 yet, any idea on what would be the closest equivalent server for the time being?

(e.g. similar maps, muts, mods, utcomp, etc.)

thnkz

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CTC vCTF UT3 Server

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

I couldn't tell you. But I know there are old 2k4 VCTF maps converted to UT3 out there, and I'm pretty sure there is a UTcomp for UT3 as well.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

Orang3

Post by Orang3 »

right on both of those, the newest utcomp is available for patch 2.0 at utcomp.org, and with the titan pack there are the following new official things -

# Two new gametypes: Greed and Betrayal
# One new mutator: Titans
# 16 new maps: 6 Deathmatch, 4 Warfare, 3 CTF, 3 VCTF
# Two new weapons: Stinger Turret and The Eradicator Cannon
# Two new deployables: The X-Ray Field and the Link Station
# One new powerup: The Portable Slow Field
# Two new characters: Kana of the Ronin and Nova of Liandri
# One new vehicle: The Axon Stealthbender

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Yep, just got done playing UT3 for about 2 hours. Not bad... maybe CTC will start a UT3 server sometime soon, or maybe later. LOL!

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

I'd like a small 6v6 or 8v8 Dm, CTF and VcTf server in UT3. Would there be anyone else that would join us every now and then?

All hail the Beef!

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

CTC-Salchicha wrote:I'd like a small 6v6 or 8v8 Dm, CTF and VcTf server in UT3. Would there be anyone else that would join us every now and then?
I'd be willing to pay for one myself if I knew I could get people to play on it. A joint DD/CTC venture would be fun. :D

Greed would be a must, as it is easily the gametype that's the most fun in my opinion. The vehicles in UT3 just don't allow for the same level of teamwork as they do in UT2004 (i.e., no manta runs) and they work good in Greed since it basically is vehicular team deathmatch (with the maps that have vehicles).

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

That was fun playing with a couple folks last night. Greed is really fun either in TDM mode or with vehicles. Damn, I wish I could make ut2k4 maps with the graphically superior engine. Anyway, the prospect of a joint DD/CTC server sounds like a great idea as that would spread out the responsibility a bit. I would be on it for sure as I have found a desire to play UT3 more.

Greed is good..."get the heads!".

All hail the Beef!

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

Hey man, please let me know when you guys are playing... I like UT3.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

McShagger wrote:Hey man, please let me know when you guys are playing... I like UT3.
I that that Salchicha and I will be on tonight around 9pm or later.

[RGC]CrYsTaL
Killing Spree

Post by [RGC]CrYsTaL »

I reinstalled my UT3, including the latest patch and Titan pack, and think it's much more playable than it was before. I was on yesterday playing Greed w/vehicles and I love the new game type! It should definitely be a must if you guys start a UT3 server and I'd play on it with you guys, too! (if you'll let me :P)

Btw, if anyone wants to, add me on your friends list. My UT3 name is: RGC_Crystal. Cya on the battlefield! :D

McShagger
Holy sh*t!

Post by McShagger »

Where do you go to install the patch and titan pack? Or does it just load up when you login?

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Shag, check this thread...last twp posts should set u straight.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1412

I installed patch 2.0 then Titan pack. Not sure if it matters.

I go by the same name on UT3. Badasp found me last night but I don't know how. I guess it can be done though. I'll be there after 9 as well.

All hail the Beef!

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

CTC-Salchicha wrote:Badasp found me last night but I don't know how. I guess it can be done though. I'll be there after 9 as well.
Actually me, Ghosted, and Knave Sky (a guy we play CarBall with) got in CTC Vent and were looking for a server to play on. We chose one that had the lowest ping for all of us and you so happened to be on it. I have no idea how to use the menus and server browser, as even with the update they are still lacking in features and usability.

The games we played were fun for sure. I think the ones without the vehicles are most fun, since the vehicles themselves don't make much sense and the AVRIL is ridiculously overpowered. The TITAN mutator is pretty cool and is certainly different (and more fun) than the its Mutant counterpart in UT2004. Greed by far is the best gametype, but still doesn't have the teamwork, communication, and captivating gameplay of VCTF in UT2004. It's fun every now and then, but by no means a replacement.

Dubya
Holy sh*t!

Post by Dubya »

Don't be pullin' a HOG on us!
No...

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

The in-game friends thing works well. Not as well as quake wars or COD5, but it works. My name there is 'ToniXX'.