I feel nostalgic

Discuss VCTF in both UT2004 and UT3

Moderator: Admins

$lacker
Killing Spree

I feel nostalgic

Post by $lacker »

so i found a bunch of old screenshots in the depths of my imagecave account. And im going to post them, doesnt seem like too many of the people in them are still around..... or they changed their names fuck if i know.

Heres some stuff from the very first vctf mixer that took place back when the vctf league still existed (I think) It ended just before the playoffs started cause of some drama or something.
I was captain of the Mother Fucking Snakes (this was when snakes on a plane came out)

The vctf mixer was a lot of fun, shame that we didnt get to finish it.

Shots from some old matches with bic, we had a great team, we were #1 in the vctf league for a looooooooooooooong time and we all got along with each other really well.

Heres a match against DXII, i dont think they even exist anymore, i dont think they liked manta runs a whole lot.

Match against sHk (lots of them are in khz/asylum, whatever that is now) i think we were #1 and 2 in the league at this point.

Match against K1, this was our first loss for a very long time, Some of you might remember playing against dresk, the guy that literally never missed with the hellbender back turret. Lonesome glen was an absolute marathon. On bedrooms i remember i was sitting on our flag post with their flag as time ran out but we couldnt get our flag back.

Match against 6lo, they were a great ons team, probably could have been better in vctf but i dont think they practiced it a whole lot.

Low scoring match against KHz, i dont know why marsbase was on the maplist.... it sucks. Backbone was pretty exciting i remember a lot of last second flag saves.

This was an east coast vs west coast match back in the vctf league days :P naturally the west coast emerged victorious

Good times.....

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Re: I feel nostalgic

Post by Mr Bean »

Cool to browse through all those names. I recognized quite a few that I don't see around anymore.
Last edited by Mr Bean on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

Impressive.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Not to issue -bic- a reach around...but my motivation to get in the clan was prompted by a match between them and my first clan [-R*B-]. To this day I have rarely seen a total and absolute destruction during clan play. I did not get a chance to join until the last map which was Torlan. Somehow they captured all of our mantas and our tank and proceded to destroy anything that spawned. I think $lacker had already left after they won the first two maps.

It was a scene akin to something from "Apocalypse Now" but filmed on a UT2K4 set. The carnage in game was bad but the chaos on our vent channel was worse.

I learned a lot from that match...most of all that I sucked. Practice, practice, practice :!:

vivr
Boom! Headshot!

Post by vivr »

Yeah, I always enjoyed the map Backbone. Too bad it's never played anymore. Agreed, the first mixer was fun.

$lacker
Killing Spree

Post by $lacker »

ru_exp wrote:Not to issue -bic- a reach around...but my motivation to get in the clan was prompted by a match between them and my first clan [-R*B-]. To this day I have rarely seen a total and absolute destruction during clan play. I did not get a chance to join until the last map which was Torlan. Somehow they captured all of our mantas and our tank and proceded to destroy anything that spawned. I think $lacker had already left after they won the first two maps.

It was a scene akin to something from "Apocalypse Now" but filmed on a UT2K4 set. The carnage in game was bad but the chaos on our vent channel was worse.

I learned a lot from that match...most of all that I sucked. Practice, practice, practice :!:
lol i remember hearing about torlan against R*B from the other guys, i think somebody was playing the "ride of the valkyries" theme while the entire team flew around your base in mantas lol.

Taz
Shock jockey

Post by Taz »

So many old names. wish they would come around once in a while. i still play some, come have fun with us slacker!

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Ahhh yes...the scene of carnage.

All I could remember is that I kept screaming on vent for everyone not to give up. Kill some body anybody____we couldn't even get a shot off. :roll:

Every single manta on that map, including ours was in our base.

Eh, if you can't beat'em, join'em. - «ßîc»ru_exp

CTC-Salchicha
Cock-docker

Post by CTC-Salchicha »

Great to see the names slacker.

DX11 was the first one of the first servers I played on regularly. It was the only one I could actually do all right on. I remember that Star Wars map they had that used the walkers and shit. Total spam and frustrating, lol.

Nice post bro.

All hail the Beef!

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

Dam, I missed it, wish I could seen the pics. I got some too, I'll post them when I have some time. It's at least 5gb of pix, so it'll take a little time to sort out.

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

I used to play PWC, and WGS. But those servers are dead now. :(

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

I use to play Tam and CarBall... :mrgreen:
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

I miss $lacker...and Hawk.

both of 'em.

Knave_Skye
Cock-docker

Post by Knave_Skye »

x-GAMBIT-x wrote:I use to play Tam and CarBall... :mrgreen:
I think its time for a Carball reuinion :wink:
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-- Norman Cousins
<{CTC}> Knave_Skye

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

Knave_Skye wrote:
x-GAMBIT-x wrote:I use to play Tam and CarBall... :mrgreen:
I think its time for a Carball reuinion :wink:
There are a few good servers out there we can play on. We just need to set up a day and time and meet up on Vent. Then when were all on vent or most than we can go there and have some good times.

Or maybe Hirsch can set us up a server to play on.... :mrgreen:
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!