Team Meh

Discuss VCTF in both UT2004 and UT3

Moderator: Admins

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Re: Team Meh

Post by Ghosted »

I can feel UT getting unfun again as I type
We're not playing UT anymore, we're playing forum drama.
Last edited by Ghosted on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ASALoD3OO0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ASALoD3OO0&hl ... 0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>[/youtube]

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Wow...I need to get an updated version. My copy is from the 80's.

Thanks homeslice!!!

Lt.Beefy

Post by Lt.Beefy »

CTC-PapaSmurf wrote:I can feel UT getting unfun again as I type..

This is all so complicated. When did, "Hey, let's get some guys together with some guns and kick each others asses while they try to steal a flag", just go away? Maybe I don't take gaming seriously enough.. I dunno..

meh...
In a game called Unreal Tournament, you shouldn't be surprised to find a large group of people who enjoy tournament-like competition. Shit, I remember the good ole days of techTV watching UT2k4 on Arena and thinking "Now that is a video game for me", in fact, competition was one of the main reasons I upgraded my pc and bought this game.

This particular community, is run by more relaxed, casual gamers. There's nothing wrong with that, except that they tend to hate on the competition minded players whenever they pop up.

In the same way UT is getting "unfun" for you, the few people who remember league play are wetting themselves at the thought of getting organized matches started back up. Everyone has different definitions of the word "fun".

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

Lt.Beefy wrote:
CTC-PapaSmurf wrote:I can feel UT getting unfun again as I type..

This is all so complicated. When did, "Hey, let's get some guys together with some guns and kick each others asses while they try to steal a flag", just go away? Maybe I don't take gaming seriously enough.. I dunno..

meh...
In a game called Unreal Tournament, you shouldn't be surprised to find a large group of people who enjoy tournament-like competition. Shit, I remember the good ole days of techTV watching UT2k4 on Arena and thinking "Now that is a video game for me", in fact, competition was one of the main reasons I upgraded my pc and bought this game.

This particular community, is run by more relaxed, casual gamers. There's nothing wrong with that, except that they tend to hate on the competition minded players whenever they pop up.

In the same way UT is getting "unfun" for you, the few people who remember league play are wetting themselves at the thought of getting organized matches started back up. Everyone has different definitions of the word "fun".

I agree with both you and Linkon. I know everyone has their own definition of fun and I am happy to have people getting competitive with this game again.

I am excited to have a fun match. I want to win, I always want to win. The difference is, my penis remains the same size regardless of whether I win or lose. I mean, it can only get so small.

Keep in mind, the point I was trying to make is exactly what is going on and always will, I would rather just team up some people and play. It is all the drama on the forums and the people that get pissed off that really ruins the fun experience for me.

Just try not to beat up your girlfriends/wives and trash your trailer homes when we beat you.. No matter what you have been taught, violence doesn't solve anything and yes, it is just a game.
You just got knocked the smurf out!

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

I don't think it's the competitive part. I think it's the general attitude a large percentage of competitive players seem to adopt. That attitude is dissonant with the environment the founders of this site/clan/forum have cultivated. It makes the game less fun for the 'casuals'.

We have plenty of examples of people who play competitively (relatively seriously) and still have good attitudes. I don't think anyone thinks those people make UT less fun.

For the record, I tend not to play competitively precisely because I tend to get too serious and adopt a shitty attitude. I also derive much more joy from taking Papa on a manta run, flying him within a few feet of our flag, then tossing him over the edge of the map.

Lt.Beefy

Post by Lt.Beefy »

Competition, at least to me isn't about the size of my virtual penis, or even the outcome(even though winnings always welcome=) ).

Everyone at some point or another used to bunny hop. When I competed back on vctf.com's league I was worse than some of the worst players here, and my first team lost every match we ever played, scrim or league, but I didn't care, all I knew was I was competing.

My point here is simply: Just because people are competitive, does not mean they're assholes that don't appreciate a good pub, as you said, get a server full of people, takes some flags and have some fun.

Edit: @ghosted: I completely understand where you're coming from, there are people out there who can't tell the difference between a high stakes match for #1 and a pub, and consequently run off at the mouth and ruin the game for others in the server with them.

And if people aren't in to the whole competition setting, no ones trying to force it on them. Id is just asking for the ones that do to scrim his team, if you don't want to scrimmage, this thread is not relevant to your interests. He posted here because this is where the remaining vctf players are at.

Unfortunately for me, VøR doesn't seem to be able to field a team since all of our euros went to other euro clans, and most of our north americans have moved on to TF2 and other games for competition. I would have, but I just don't get the same feel for other games as I do UT2k4, the memories I have in this game are some of the best I've had online.

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

Lt.Beefy wrote:In a game called Unreal Tournament, you shouldn't be surprised to find a large group of people who enjoy tournament-like competition. Shit, I remember the good ole days of techTV watching UT2k4 on Arena and thinking "Now that is a video game for me", in fact, competition was one of the main reasons I upgraded my pc and bought this game.

Correct.
CTC-PapaSmurf wrote:This is all so complicated. When did, "Hey, let's get some guys together with some guns and kick each others asses while they try to steal a flag", just go away? Maybe I don't take gaming seriously enough.. I dunno.
That is what the Friday PUGs are for. Put random teams together and pew pew pew. Though, it is difficult to get enough people to participate in them.

A competitive scrimmage is more fun than that, in my opinion, because you have time to strategize and create a team chemistry. Unlike PUGs, outcomes are not solely decided on who has the best players, but who has the best strategy and best chemistry. It is a whole different level of fun to me; far and away the height of UT fun save for ladder matches.

lil Sin
Holy sh*t!

Post by lil Sin »

save da watches shit is getting deeeeeep! :D

its all good i wish all of you the best in all the matches!

i admire all of you guys and love to see serious skilled competition :D

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

I Think it's one of these choice's or Both.......

2) Meh - While holding gun to their own head Give me one good reason why I shouldn't pull this trigger!"

7) Meh - A random word when people either don't know what to say, don't care, can't answer a question or are too drunk to form a coherent english phrase.
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

meh = Masturbatory Egocentric HaterTots

That is all.
You just got knocked the smurf out!

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

meh = Masturbatory Egocentric HaterTots
We have officially reached the zenith of this thread. Lock it down!