e!

Discuss VCTF in both UT2004 and UT3

Moderator: Admins

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Re: e!

Post by ru_exp »

Agreed.

Not being greedy but Beefy asked me earlier through a PM on KHz what was the name of our alliance. I just guessed when he asked the question about e! that he wondered if it was us.

More teams more fun. If I was in .cb. I'd join e! in a heart beat.

In fact, reach out to spd, I encourage it.

kronx
Killing Spree

Post by kronx »

vivr wrote:We should try to come to an agreement on team roster sizes to help promote other teams forming. As is, we only have 3 scrim teams (meh, cb and ctc). We need some new teams or that will get boring pretty quick.
oh yeah that will work out great... "hey CTC we demand you boot 2/3 of yer team members cuz yer clan is too big k thx"
Last edited by kronx on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

vivr wrote:We should try to come to an agreement on team roster sizes to help promote other teams forming. As is, we only have 3 scrim teams (meh, cb and ctc). We need some new teams or that will get boring pretty quick.
Agreed, but you will find this much harder to accomplish than it sounds. Meh is done recruiting unless some amazing opportunity presents itself, but I doubt that will happen. Two reasons we are done recruiting: The more players you have, the less playing time there is to go around. I would rather see four teams of ten players than own one team of forty.

vivr
Boom! Headshot!

Post by vivr »

It's really not that hard and just about every ladder makes you do it. I could care less honestly, just offering suggestions to get more teams. Honestly, I'd rather see a 5v5 draft league or something similar to the mluts from 99 and the one tdm one we did for 2k4.

vapor
Holy sh*t!

Post by vapor »

vivr wrote:It's really not that hard and just about every ladder makes you do it. I could care less honestly, just offering suggestions to get more teams. Honestly, I'd rather see a 5v5 draft league or something similar to the mluts from 99 and the one tdm one we did for 2k4.

ya i like that idea find everyone interested and draft 6 or so teams

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

Funny enough I was just having this discussion in private.

Badasp and I totally agree with vivr. I recently recommended an open draft for 5v5 teams. Most are very inetrested in this format but we need complete buy-in from all. Scrimmages against the same guys gets old...it is a lot like wearing the same underwear for years.

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

Well, I believe I can speak for Meh when I say the guys there will not be interested in leaving Meh for the sake of being in a draft. I, too, would not like to break up Meh for the sake of the draft. When starting Meh, I did not just go around asking good players to join. The guys in Meh are my friends. They are the guys I will hang out in Ventrilo with while playing; every one of them. I have a loyalty to these guys as I am sure they do to me.

However, it may be interesting to schedule dates when we pick captains and pick teams from the collective roster of all the teams for a night of mixed team scrimmages. Kind of like the PUG, but the people to choose from would consist of those on the rosters of various teams. It is like a draft, but instead of the draft leading to permanent team, the teams would last for a night.

A draft league would be interesting (with trades and all), but without some sort of legally binding contract, there is no way to make sure anyone drafted even stays with the team that picked them; there is just no way to enforce the draft picks. We cannot make a contract and we cannot afford to pay players, so I see no way make sure the draftees stay with the team that picked them.

Example: CaptainA drafts PlayerB (not like that would happen, but for the sake of argument . . . ). PlayerB detests CaptainA and refuses to play for him. In turn, the draft loses validity and crumbles as this scenario is repeated time after time.

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

I would not submit my own players to a draft, but there may be people who are still just pubbing that may want a team to play with. Perhaps we can setup a draft for them, if there are enough interested. All the same problems would exist, but in this case, we are not breaking up established team to find draftees. Instead we would be getting players with no team who would like a team to sign-up and submit themselves. Out of this group, we could pick people who we trust could be intelligent team leaders to make the draft picks.

I doubt there are enough pubbers to fill a draft. Assuming each team gets eight to ten players, I kind of doubt we would have enough people to field even two teams.

Still, if we want to follow this plan of action, we could create a section in the forums for the draft sign-up and spread the word.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

-Id- wrote: Example: CaptainA drafts PlayerB (not like that would happen, but for the sake of argument . . . ). PlayerB detests CaptainA and refuses to play for him. In turn, the draft loses validity and crumbles as this scenario is repeated time after time.

Just say that everyone hates you, ya dweeb!!! :twisted:

Linkon
Killing Spree

Post by Linkon »

-Id- wrote:The guys in Meh are my friends. They are the guys I will hang out in Ventrilo with while playing; every one of them. I have a loyalty to these guys as I am sure they do to me.
i wanna stroke your cock baby <3

oopsies

Post by oopsies »

finish strokin the one in your mouth first. OH SHAT!!

Dubya
Holy sh*t!

Post by Dubya »

ROFLZ @ all the meh. avitars :lol: :lol:
No...

Linkon
Killing Spree

Post by Linkon »

i know right they are the leetz