CTC battles Casus Belli

Discuss VCTF in both UT2004 and UT3

Moderator: Admins

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Re: CTC battles Casus Belli

Post by badasp »

Ghosted wrote:EgytianWar? Really??? That's the biggest stalemat map ever! You guys must've found an exploit...
I believe Thornz-08 and Ferris are our selections, with EgyptianWar being our choice for the alternate. If you guys want something other than EgyptianWar then no problem, just suggest something else.

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

badasp wrote:
Ghosted wrote:EgytianWar? Really??? That's the biggest stalemat map ever! You guys must've found an exploit...
I believe Thornz-08 and Ferris are our selections, with EgyptianWar being our choice for the alternate. If you guys want something other than EgyptianWar then no problem, just suggest something else.
What's the exploit?

P.S. I don't really care what map you chose, I always seem to miss our scrims anyhow :roll:
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

My bad badasp...you are correct:Thorns08 and Ferris...

And no we did not find an exploit Ghosted. We just thought it would be a fun old school map. Neither badasp or I would go for an exploit...ethically that would be beneath us. This scrim should be fun amongst friends rather chest beating about who can dominate who.

And honestly, most of us thought that you guys have the advantage on EgyptianWar (i.e. SchismFear, Vapor...manta drivers and Cornfed in the tank). But it would be a great tie breaking map.

We are definitely open to suggestions for the tie breaker.

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

Ghosted wrote:
badasp wrote:
What's the exploit?
Near the right side of each base lies a pool that houses the super shield. If you swim deep enough into the pool you will not only get the shield but also encounter a teleport. This teleport trips the spacetime continuum and sends the user from UT2K4 to UT3. There the user encounters nerfed weapons, overpowered vehicles, and a lifeless community. Incessant boredom quickly ensues, eventually boring the user into submission. We hope that we can lure a few of your guys into this trap. Hopefully you will be absent as usual since you seemingly are the only one immune from the torture that is UT3.

Dubya
Holy sh*t!

Post by Dubya »

Oh Shit badasp!
No...

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

badasp wrote: Near the right side of each base lies a pool that houses the super shield. If you swim deep enough into the pool you will not only get the shield but also encounter a teleport. This teleport trips the spacetime continuum and sends the user from UT2K4 to UT3. There the user encounters nerfed weapons, overpowered vehicles, and a lifeless community. Incessant boredom quickly ensues, eventually boring the user into submission. We hope that we can lure a few of your guys into this trap. Hopefully you will be absent as usual since you seemingly are the only one immune from the torture that is UT3
Lucky for me your trap won't work for me my etchy-scetch/Game Gear won't allow me to
travel into the spacetime continuum it will only cause me to shake up my etchey scetch
to see what's going on around me........ :mrgreen:
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

I see CB still has not learned how to pick good competitive maps hahahaha. I am preparing for FacingAss and GooYou for when we play them again as I am sure they will pick those two maps.

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

I Choose Toilet Trama............ :mrgreen:
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

killer
Shock jockey

Post by killer »

-Id- wrote:I see CB still has not learned how to pick good competitive maps hahahaha. I am preparing for FacingAss and GooYou for when we play them again as I am sure they will pick those two maps.
Oh com on! We know better than meh :D.. now stfu and suck it.

PS: badasp, you promised me not to tell anyone about that secret tele :(

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

badasp wrote:since you seemingly are the only one immune from the torture that is UT3.
No I hate stock UT3, don't play it, though I'm fairly immune to group think.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

-Id- wrote:I see CB still has not learned how to pick good competitive maps hahahaha. I am preparing for FacingAss and GooYou for when we play them again as I am sure they will pick those two maps.
For the next scrim we plan to solve this issue by only picking the maps we make. Due to our inexperience in map making, these maps may be lacking niceties such as proper lighting, solid walls, and textures that don't look like vomit. These maps will be fine, however, since we’ll claim they're “good competitive maps” that are “designed for competition.”

Binski
Shock jockey

Post by Binski »

Ferris is a great fuggen map. Id is obviously ribbing us.

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

badasp wrote:For the next scrim we plan to solve this issue by only picking the maps we make. Due to our inexperience in map making, these maps may be lacking niceties such as proper lighting, solid walls, and textures that don't look like vomit. These maps will be fine, however, since we’ll claim they're “good competitive maps” that are “designed for competition.”
See, now that is the way to go about it.

Knowing CB has a few KHZ guys, I knew Ferris would come up eventually haha. Always hated that map. Just because a map is a stalemate map does mean it is good for competition.

We are playing GuiltyPleasure next time.

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

-Id- wrote:Just because a map is a stalemate map does mean it is good for competition.
I guess DragonSpire is the best competitive map then.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

I like FacingAss...wtf are you trying to say -Id-?
Last edited by ru_exp on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.