Who screwed up all the maps?

Discuss VCTF in both UT2004 and UT3

Moderator: Admins

bradly-james

Who screwed up all the maps?

Post by bradly-james »

Actually I know it was gambit and beltamaxx. You guys took out all the good maps. The only thing that is left is a bunch stupid ctf maps. Come on guys, I know you aren't that stupid. Put the good maps back in there! In case you didn't notice, its VCTF!!!!

mudpuppet
Holy sh*t!

Re: Who screwed up all the maps?

Post by mudpuppet »

I believe it is a " mid-day " map rotation , which is of smaller maps . I thought it was a
cool idea when I heard of . Idea being you don't get stuck with only three other ppl on the
server that vote up Roadkill or something huge . Well Aardvark is all right . . . . =\ !!

bradly-james

Post by bradly-james »

I couldn't disagree more. Especially when we have a lot of people in there and a big map like roadkill, lego, or ironigloos is called for.

This was a REALLY stupid thing to do.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Small maps for when the server has only a few people. Then, when the server fills up, the map list with the larger maps is selected. So, you don't get small, spammy maps when there's 18 people, and you don't get stuck playing borelan when there are only three on a team.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

bradly-james

Post by bradly-james »

How many people have to be on the server for the large maps to be on?

bradly-james

Post by bradly-james »

Jim, I have been in there with a lot of people (15) and very few and I haven't seen a difference. All small.

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Post by SMR »

Just was on there, had tons of people, but still only had a gimped maplist.

Im guessing this isnt automated and you have an admin initiate the new maplist.

Beltamaxx
Holy sh*t!

Post by Beltamaxx »

I monitor the server all day, when it gets 8 or more I rotate. Today I was a bit busy and I hadn't changed the list, sorry about that, but it's fixed.

CTC-PapaSmurf
Holy sh*t!

Post by CTC-PapaSmurf »

Work in progress. It is also part of a project to rotate some of the maps so others get played. There are many many people that are getting tired of playing the same 10 maps over and over again. It will be good in the end. I trust Gambit and Belta. They are doing a great job. I know it sounds like I am just defending them, but I hate both of them fully, so that is not the case. Just be patient. If things aren't really great in like a month, bump the thread again and we can all re-visit the idea.
You just got knocked the smurf out!

SMR
Holy sh*t!

Post by SMR »

Beltamaxx wrote:I monitor the server all day, when it gets 8 or more I rotate. Today I was a bit busy and I hadn't changed the list, sorry about that, but it's fixed.
no sweat
CTC-PapaSmurf wrote:Work in progress. It is also part of a project to rotate some of the maps so others get played. There are many many people that are getting tired of playing the same 10 maps over and over again. It will be good in the end. I trust Gambit and Belta. They are doing a great job. I know it sounds like I am just defending them, but I hate both of them fully, so that is not the case. Just be patient. If things aren't really great in like a month, bump the thread again and we can all re-visit the idea.
Its a good idea to alternate map vote rotation in some fashion. Cool to see some push for variety.