Discuss VCTF in both UT2004 and UT3

Moderator: Admins

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Re: New version of AntiTCC on server

Post by hirschigrad06 »

badasp wrote:
CTC-JimRimya wrote:
vivr wrote: Regarding antitcc, it's pretty much a waste and it's only going to catch the most generic old school bots. Not really worth it IMO given that botting really isn't much of an issue anymore...although some feel differently for some reason? I would vote to remove it completely and have the game run smoother.
We've been kicking that idea around for sure.
Do it! RU has been around for years and AntiTCC has never caught him, so we know the damn thing does nothing. It does, however, make the game noticeably laggy and causes a lot of unregistered shots. The newer version is worse, and people have been crashing the server even with it on so it does nothing on that front either.
Obvious Hacker is Obvious

Tiggrrrr
Holy sh*t!

Post by Tiggrrrr »

MISS YOU MORE!!!! hehe.... :P

IIVIIRRIIvII
Boom! Headshot!

Post by IIVIIRRIIvII »

Actually some of the lag on the server may be my fault. I have been doing some tinkering recently with my setup, let me explain. I had recently purchased a used large hadron collider and had connected it to my computer. I can't say for certain if this is the full reason for the lag but after figuring out how to get it started I've been living comfortably in what appears to be winter of 1893. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I'm not sure if this is the reason for Tigger's video card problems as well but the innkeeper has taken no reservations on blaming me for the unworldly black holes currently looming over top of us. It appears that my power is running low so I will try to make my next post via carrier pigeon after the weather breaks.

ru_exp
Cock-docker

Post by ru_exp »

IIVIIRRIIvII wrote:Actually some of the lag on the server may be my fault. I have been doing some tinkering recently with my setup, let me explain. I had recently purchased a used large hadron collider and had connected it to my computer. I can't say for certain if this is the full reason for the lag but after figuring out how to get it started I've been living comfortably in what appears to be winter of 1893. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I'm not sure if this is the reason for Tigger's video card problems as well but the innkeeper has taken no reservations on blaming me for the unworldly black holes currently looming over top of us. It appears that my power is running low so I will try to make my next post via carrier pigeon after the weather breaks.

Hey man...have you tried to reboot the collider in safe mode?

Tiggrrrr
Holy sh*t!

Post by Tiggrrrr »

NO worries I think my card just burned out.
It had served me well for years.

If it was you, I forgive you :wink:
Im still working on affording a good enough
video card.
Back to school food, clothes and shoes etc
is killing me.
~Alyson~ aka <{CTC}>Tigz^^^^

Skallys Avenger
Flak monkey

Post by Skallys Avenger »

hey

first post here I think - but I've been playing on your server for a while as various song names (JukeboxHero, behindblueeyes, etc.) but lately my internet has sucked so I'm going with BadWireless. Anyway that's mostly irrelevant except to let you know who I am =P

I was wondering if you guys reverted back to an old version of AntiTCC? I guess it's not a huge issue, but whenever I play on servers with newer versions of TCC, then try to join the CTC server, I get a session ban because AntiTCC detected the newer version files in my cache.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is there any chance you guys might permanently upgrade to the newest version of TCC?

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

I got the same prob man... A- for you!

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

So you're the guy (one of many, many) who kicks my ass in game...welcome to the forums :)

(not you, Rimmer...cough cough :P )
<3

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Skallys Avenger wrote:hey

first post here I think - but I've been playing on your server for a while as various song names (JukeboxHero, behindblueeyes, etc.) but lately my internet has sucked so I'm going with BadWireless. Anyway that's mostly irrelevant except to let you know who I am =P

I was wondering if you guys reverted back to an old version of AntiTCC? I guess it's not a huge issue, but whenever I play on servers with newer versions of TCC, then try to join the CTC server, I get a session ban because AntiTCC detected the newer version files in my cache.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is there any chance you guys might permanently upgrade to the newest version of TCC?
Welcome.
We did try the newest version, but just recently reverted back to an old one, as a few people were complaining about increased lag. We may go back to the newest one sometime soon and tweak the settings to try to minimize lag. We'll see what happens.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

mudpuppet
Holy sh*t!

Post by mudpuppet »

hey Skally's . welcomes=] .

didn't know u were wireless

Skallys Avenger
Flak monkey

Post by Skallys Avenger »

Yeah, I had to change my name cause when I moved earlier this summer, it was the first time I had to go without a hard wire ethernet connection. I'm borrowing my roomie's wireless card now and it sucks bawls. I get disconnected what seems like once every match at random. Not sure how other people deal with this wireless crap =P

Anyway wardad I assume you're the one who plays as WD?

And Jim I honestly don't know anything about how to manage a server and reduce lag, so sorry I can't offer any advice. Hope you guys come up with something. At worst it's a minor annoyance for ppl like me and rimmer.

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

Skallys Avenger wrote:Me and rimmer are Amazing...But this server has lagg sometimes for us both.
TY VM! We are Amazing! <3

sMaSh
Killing Spree

Post by sMaSh »

All morning I had to reconnect randomly never had this prob before