no more spec slots?

Discuss VCTF in both UT2004 and UT3

Moderator: Admins

Skallys Avenger
Flak monkey

no more spec slots?

Post by Skallys Avenger »

Hey, I noticed there aren't any spectator spots on the server anymore. Was this intentional? Are they ever coming back?

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Re: no more spec slots?

Post by rimmer59 »

Im sure they were just filled up...

Skallys Avenger
Flak monkey

Well, I'm going by where the server browser shows if peeps are in spec or not (their names show up yellow instead of red or blue) and there aren't any in there, but still I can't join. Also when you click on the server and look at the settings, it shows MaxSpectators = 0. It used to be = 2.

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

HEY JIMMY!!! Get your ass in here and explain what is going on!

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

This is just a wild guess out of my ass, but I presume it has something to do with the cockdockers (learned a new word this week :mrgreen: ) that have been screwing with the server. It's a matter of giving in to those assholes/bullies and letting them re-drive away some or finding a way to get rid of them for good. Best wishes to those trying to fix that (if) anything is being done about it. (I think they were coming in to spec slots and then doing stuff - again just a wild guess)

For the record I haven't been on mainly because there's too many other things to do out there without having to deal with the shit messes that have always been around the UT communities. Plus school and studying is draining a huge portion of my days and I'd rather jump in to a game and actually have fun with some good peeps, not hear about some assholes crashing a server because they got banned for being outstanding citizens therefore they are screwing with the server like 5 year old kindergarten whiney bitches that need to have the living shit beat out of them within an inch of their pointless lives. (In other words, if UT is the only thing that helps them cope with their lives and they can't seem to find anything else constructive to do, what is the problem with going by rules set up by a server that they don't pay for I.E. it's FREE to them, instead of shitting in their own cornflakes causing problems).

/end comments on that completely asinine issue

I like girl boobies

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

WarDad71 wrote: School and studying is draining a huge portion of my days and I'd rather jump in to a game and actually have fun with some good peeps.

Agreed
WarDad71 wrote: I like girl boobies!
Fo-So man!

mudpuppet
Holy sh*t!

Post by mudpuppet »

wd ~ftw

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

mudpuppet wrote:wd ~ftw
Aree!
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Wardad hit it pretty close: Those who have wanted to crash the server do it from the spec slots, so we removed them. This may or may not be permanent. If we go a while with no issues, I'll bring the spec slots back and see what happens. I know it's not convenient, but neither are intentional server crashes.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

rimmer59
Cock-docker

Post by rimmer59 »

O.K. If you can block I.P. adresses...do it, so then we dont need to suffer.

Trailboss3
Boom! Headshot!

Post by Trailboss3 »

An IP address ban is easy to circumvent but a combination of CUID and IP ban would be a little more effective but not foolproof.

WarDad71
Cock-docker

Post by WarDad71 »

Just re read my reply post :shock:

Image<-me
/fixed

sMaSh
Killing Spree

Post by sMaSh »

"WARDAD"
This is just a wild guess out of my ass, but I presume it has something to do with the cockdockers (learned a new word this week :mrgreen: ) that have been screwing with the server. It's a matter of giving in to those assholes/bullies and letting them re-drive away some

Bout time someone else feels the cyber bullying. Fuck em they never been tought respect.

sMaSh
Killing Spree

Post by sMaSh »

On that subject I think failsause AKA "snow" And his goons put a hex on the server in rage because they was banned then the powers that be in ctc admins made a deal to let them back in fearing the end of the server? Just a thought.... :?

Skallys Avenger
Flak monkey

Ah, thanks for the explanation. I used to play on an ONS server and made friends with a bunch of the admins there. Got to hear them complain about server crashers and watch them try to deal with all that crap...it doesn't sound fun. Hopefully things go back to normal soon.