VCTF-[Id]-HedgeMaze

Maps made by peeps other than CTC members.

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: VCTF-[Id]-HedgeMaze

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

-Id- wrote:I need opinions of lowering the height of the hedges. Right now I'm leaning towards lowering them by a third of the total height. This should allow Mantas to jump on and over them easily and a full shield jump can get you on top. What do you think?
Sounds like a good idea. I vote to also add avrils.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

I have a new beta ready; it will be on the server as soon as Jim gets the time to put it up.

Changes:
Lowered hedge height by a third. Mantas can now easily jump on or over the hedges and a player can use a full shield pop to reach the top of a hedge.

Added an AVRiL and one AVRiL ammo pickup on the outermost side hedges close to the middle of the map.

Shortened the length of the map by taking out some of the hedges.

Replaced the Scorpion with another Raptor.

Spawn time on the Goliaths and Hellbenders raised to sixty seconds. Spawn time on Raptors raised to thirty seconds.

Switched Raptor and Goliath spawn locations.

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

Mr. Bean has optimized HedgeMaze for me, adding antiportals and distance fog. The distance fog will cut down on the incessant, cross map sniping and give the Raptors more freedom in the air.

Thanks to Mr. Bean for his help and support.

hirschigrad06
Holy sh*t!

Post by hirschigrad06 »

I don't like this map for VCTF however this map actually is totally awesome when it comes to TAM.

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

hirschigrad06 wrote:I don't like this map for VCTF however this map actually is totally awesome when it comes to TAM.
Indeed. :D

Ghosted
Cock-docker

Post by Ghosted »

FWIW I still think it's way too easy and effective to do manta runs on the lower outside of the map. There should be motivation for the manta to fly through the center. I think maybe even removing the lower edges as a manta route would be better than having them. That way the manta is forced through the middle or up on the outer walls, both of which are much sketchier.
Friend + Friend + Friend - Titanfall = -1

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

I never thought of that. Makes sence though.

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

An updated version of HedgeMaze should be on the server soon. Now there are a couple of extra pairs of jumpboots next to the double damage in the middle so you can get out of the middle section more easily. Also, thanks to the help of Mr. Bean, the hall of mirrors effect that you got when fully zooming in with the Lightning Gun and Hellbender is fixed.

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

Changed the double arch on each side of the flag to a single arch directly behind the flag as per feedback from Badasp.