VCTF-[Id]-Utopia

Maps made by peeps other than CTC members.

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

-Id- iot
Dominating

VCTF-[Id]-Utopia

Post by -Id- iot »

I present Utopia. Of course it is an altered Utopia, plenty of killing and competitiveness. A Utopia for some indeed.

This is probably my most simplistic map. No one should have trouble getting the hang of this map, in other words. It is a Manta run and foot run map as both of them can be a primary means of capping. Very balanced in that aspect.

There is one Manta, one Hellbender and one Goliath. The Hellbender spawns on a nice sniping perch, and with vehicle stunts, the Hellbender can find even more sniping perches. You can even attempt Hellbender runs by getting the Hellbender into the back tunnel going for the enemy flag from there. The Goliath is better suited on the same level as the flag, so there is a ramp from the spawn ledge to easily get the Goliath down. The ramps can also provide the Goliath with plenty of cover, but the Goliath can never completely hide; therefore, the Goliath isn't overpowered.

The Manta has a multitude of paths to use to grab the flag. Basically the Manta can attack from any angle, thus the defense will have to be alert on this map.

Not much to explain other than that. There are two redeemers (one in the back tunnel and one behind the ramp that connects both bases) and two double damage pickups (one in the top, middle tunnel and one in the area accessed by the low tunnels). Also, my jump pads have sound for once.

Screenshots:
A few shots of the blue base.

A few shots of the red base.

This is a semicircular cut inside the walls on each side of the flag. Since the bases are relatively narrow, it is difficult to grab the flag and turn the Manta within the narrow space without stopping to make the turn. I, therefore, added these cuts into the walls allowing the Manta an area to turn around and escape the base that doesn't require the Manta to stop.

This is one of two possible entrances to the lower tunnels. It can be accessed by entering the inside cone located in the middle of both bases. A second entrance to the low tunnels can be found on the inside wall a few feet before reaching the cone.

This is where the low tunnels will lead you.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Re: VCTF-[Id]-Utopia

Post by Mr Bean »

Holy Cow!!!

Linkon
Killing Spree

Post by Linkon »

This is a good looking map ID

Looking forward to playing it

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

I updated this map; just a few minor changes that I think can open the map up a bit more.

Shortbus suggested that I add some pickups in the outer wall tunnels in order to give people a reason to use them, so I added a double damage, a couple of 50 shields and a super shield/super health wild card on top of the tunnels.

I also added a few more of those disks to various walls to allow safer drop downs from more areas.

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

Just released a new beta; minor changes only. I added more slits in the curved tunnels to allow easier sniping of the Goliath when it hides in there. I added a substantial amount of adrenaline pills to the checkered tunnels along the outside walls. These tunnels have, in the past, proven to be largely useless, but they should now serve the purpose of quick adrenaline stacking. Also, as far as the checkered tunnels go, beta1a is still the only version of Utopia to have been played on the public server, but in beta4, I added a double damage, a fifty shield and a wild card to various areas in the checkered tunnels. With all these changes, hopefully there will be some use for the checkered tunnels.

I cannot say with aplomb that this map is complete, but it may very well be. We will need to play it some on the public server to be sure.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

This map is having problems on the pub and won't load. Here is the error:
Warning: Failed to load 'VCTF-[Id]-Utopia-Beta5': Can't find file for package 'AmbModern'
Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary VCTF-[Id]-Utopia-Beta5.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package 'AmbModern'
Warning: Error loading VCTF-[Id]-Utopia-Beta5 !
This is easy to fix. There might be other problems, but it is hard to tell. It looks like the sound in question is called 'ff3end2'. Just put this into 'mylevel' and you should be good.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

CTC-JimRimya wrote:This map is having problems on the pub and won't load. Here is the error:
Warning: Failed to load 'VCTF-[Id]-Utopia-Beta5': Can't find file for package 'AmbModern'
Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary VCTF-[Id]-Utopia-Beta5.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package 'AmbModern'
Warning: Error loading VCTF-[Id]-Utopia-Beta5 !
This is easy to fix. There might be other problems, but it is hard to tell. It looks like the sound in question is called 'ff3end2'. Just put this into 'mylevel' and you should be good.
I did mylevel it. Perhaps over various saves the mylevel file became corrupted, or to attest to my potential stupidity, I myleveled it and then forgot to save the map. I bet that is what happened. Hopefully I remember how to mylevel a sound, I had to have you help me last time I did.