Id VCTF Conversions

Maps made by peeps other than CTC members.

Moderators: Admins, Map moderators

-Id- iot
Dominating

Id VCTF Conversions

Post by -Id- iot »

Here are four conversions I did in the past few days.

First, BR-CTC-Arcade. An awesome looking map pointed out to me by Badasp. This map has a lot of promise; I only wish I had created it from scratch.

I added one Goliath, one Hellbender and two Mantas. I also added/rearranged/removed various pickups and weapons. At the suggestion of Papasmurf and a few others, I created a tunnel structure at the top of the map accessible by a jump pad located directly behind the flag. The top tunnels should dramatically raise the foot run success rate.

Screens:

Second, BR-CTC-Nartus. Again, this map is beautiful. Arcade and Nartus were both great looking maps that were buried in the BR gametype. I felt the need to play them, so I had to convert them.

Nartus is a foot run/Manta run map. I added a Hellbender, Scorpion and Manta. I added/rearranged/removed various pickups and weapons. I added jump pads that will allow players to climb on some of the static meshes or quickly hop over a ramp to escape with the flag.

Screens:

Third, CTF-CBP2-Botanic. A map released in the second community bonus pack, Botanic, again, is another great looking map.

Being a CTF map, foot runs were already quite possible, but I added the ability to Manta run. I added a Hellbender, Scorpion, Manta and Raptor as well as adding/rearranging/removing various pickups and weapons. I also removed some of the blocking volumes in the map in order to open space for the manta to move more freely.

Screens:

Fourth, CTF-Cake-vs-Pie. This is a cartoonish map. Badasp wanted me to convert this. I'm not sure how well it will play out, but it has potential. To me it seems to be in the same mold as the SoccerMania and WorldPokerTour maps, except that this map has plenty of objects to block you off from getting shot from across the map as soon as you spawn; that should make the map more enjoyable than the others I mentioned.

Cake-vs-Pie is horrendously unsymmetrical, so I made almost no effort to correctly line up the pickups, weapons and vehicles I added. One example is the Hellbender ramps I added are of different lengths because the table was not centered in the room as it should have been . . . oh well.

No Manta in this one; strictly a foot run map. There is a Hellbender, two Scorpions and a Raptor. I added/rearranged/removed various pickups and weapons. I also changed the punctuation and capitalization of the map title because it looked horrible.

Screens:

These maps are ready for the public server and should be there as soon as I can reach Jim or Smurf.

MikeFiend
Cock-docker

Re: Id VCTF Conversions

Post by MikeFiend »

Penfolds "Grange Hermitage" on the table! That's Australia's finest! Actually the name changed to just "Grange" after the 1989 bottling...I can't wait to try this map so I can get close enough to the bottle to check the vintage...lol...such a wine nerd...

badasp
Holy sh*t!

Post by badasp »

Great work, Id. I have played all three except Cake-vs-Pie and they all play very well. The upper tunnel structure you added in Arcade is awesome and definitely adds an exciting dimension to the gameplay. Nartus and Botanic are also beautiful maps that seem to work very well for VCTF. Cake-vs-Pie also looks like a blast, and I am sure it will play like one as well. Thanks to CTC (i.e., Jim and Sal) for providing Arcade and Nartus and thanks to Id for the work he done converting all these maps. :D

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

Thank you, Badasp, for the constant quality suggestions and for the support you show my maps; the desire to help me make them better instead of asking me to delete them. Thanks to Jim and Sal, too, for making Arcade and Nartus and for their support.

x-GAMBIT-x
Cock-docker

Post by x-GAMBIT-x »

Great change over's for VCTF maps and can't wait to try out that cake vs Pie map
and did you add that portal were I suggested on the PIG.......... :mrgreen:
D/L Maps for CTC Server+More-> http://ctc-map-downloads.synthasite.com
Gambit Just Dealt You The Card of Death!!!!!

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

No, Gambit, I didn't. I didn't know the DD was under the pig, and I thought it was pretty funny that you had to crawl under the pig's ass to get the DD every time. I'll add it though, if you want.

Mr Bean
Cock-docker

Post by Mr Bean »

Wow! You've been busy Id :shock: Those are some great looking conversions. Thanks for your selfless contributions. I can't wait to play them.

CTC-JimRimya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CTC-JimRimya »

Looks good. These are all on the public now.
"The abyss gazes also into you"

-Id- iot
Dominating

Post by -Id- iot »

I added the teleporter, Gambit, and the moved the sound effect to the teleporter location.